Shopping Discussion

Can I do price bargain at Sears home store?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2010 9:27 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 15, 2006
307 posts
67 upvotes

Can I do price bargain at Sears home store?

thanks a lot
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6033 posts
583 upvotes
SW Ontario
Yes, there are ways you can get them to 'discount' your purchase.

you're welcome
[OP]
Nov 15, 2006
307 posts
67 upvotes
redgrandam wrote:
Sep 14th, 2010 7:37 pm
Yes, there are ways you can get them to 'discount' your purchase.

you're welcome

thanks. do you mind telling me the "ways"? how many percent discount I can get, for a dining set(list price is $1200).
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6033 posts
583 upvotes
SW Ontario
ctzl wrote:
Sep 14th, 2010 8:49 pm
thanks. do you mind telling me the "ways"? how many percent discount I can get, for a dining set(list price is $1200).

In my experience there are a few ways... If you find something comparable somewhere else, that is cheaper, see if they will match to make a sale with you. Tell them how you would rather buy from them etc etc...

Otherwise just tell the salesperson that you like that set, but would like to get it for around XX amount, that's about what you can do right now. See what he says. You might get something you might not, but usually if you ask them to work with you at the location near me we haven't been turned right down. I've had them look and tell you this is the best they can do (they put on some promos etc)... sometimes they can give you a deal on the premium shipping options etc.

With an item at that price point I might suspect you could get $100 off?? Just speculating.. Also, you can ask them if they have it comming up on sale anytime soon (or if it was just on sale maybe), and if so, request that sale price....
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2005
1528 posts
182 upvotes
Burnaby
If all (s)he's going to get is $100 of on a $1200 set, that wouldn't be much payoff for the effort. It would likely be discounted 20-40% on a sale price based on the kinds of reductions I've typically seen at Sears Home.

I would suggest, OP, that your simplest and most cost-effective route is to wait patiently for the set to come on sale if you can. You are bound to do best for yourself that way and you won't get yourself a reputation as someone the salespeople want to steer away from when they see you come in the store.

Haggling is still regarded by many as the mark of a crude and selfish person, at least when you're trading in stores where one normally just pays whatever price is on the tag.
"I count as braver he who conquers his desires than he who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over the self." - Aristotle
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6033 posts
583 upvotes
SW Ontario
I ended up (end of season) getting a window AC from there. First one I purchased there was 229 ish, down from just over $300 ('clearance price'). Got home found it was severely damaged, took it back, mad, was the last one. The next one they had was a regular priced $369-399, priced to $300 something. I told him to do a little better than that due to my 'inconvenience', bring it down closer to what I paid for the other one, he made it I think 249 or something like that, himself, no problem, no manager etc, just discounted the price somehow. So it can be done, as in they can sell for less, which is what the question was.

Got a freezer price matched to a 'similar' model (different brand, but equivalent unit basically) down about $100 below the 'sale' price....
[OP]
Nov 15, 2006
307 posts
67 upvotes
Thank you redgrandam and Wingding for the experience and suggestion. I will try it today to see how is going. :)