Off Topic Archive

Locked: can I file a complaint against a doctor for being rude?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 9th, 2010 2:49 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 5, 2007
355 posts
10 upvotes

can I file a complaint against a doctor for being rude?

okay so before i tell my story, i went to the walk in clinic yesterday because i needed a note because i took the day off from work (so i do admit that i was faking)

anyways, here is the story:

so the doc calls me in his office, and i tell him i have really bad diarreah for the past 3 or 4 days, my stomach has been hurting in general, etc.

then i told him that i wasnt really feeling too hungry and all i ate was some small snacks the last few days because i was feeling dizzy

so then he literally tells me "if you were able to eat junkfood then you're not THAT sick. quit bull s**TING. i wasn't born yesterday" those are his exact words! and he didn't say it in a joking ha-ha way, but in a really serious angry way.

then he opens the door himself basically signalling me to get the hell out of there, and on the way out he tells me "there's nothing wrong with you, take an immodium or something"

i mean even tho i was faking, there was no way he knew that, ive faked before and the doctor always just said the same BS about avoiding hydration, resting, etc

he didn't check my tongue, ears, temperature, nothing!

does anyone think this is basis for filing a complaint against him?? i know doctors are humans and can be rude and whatever, but basically, he not only didnt offer me any treatment what soever except taking some immodium (as i was leaving his office), he literally said i was bull s***ing him! he also nudged my foot with his foot when he said

sorry if this is really long but i feel kind of worked up this old ******* treated me like that, no matter what anyone says theres no way he knew i was BS'ing, i simply told him i had diarreah and stomach pains... so instead of recieving any treatment i felt like i was being grilled there the whole time, and i didnt mention anything about a note to him except on my way out (which he gave me but didnt really mention anything about being sick)

any ideas guys?? sorry again for the long read..
Share:
195 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
7972 posts
1178 upvotes
London
He treated you like the liar you are. We should bill you for wasting the doctor's time.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2003
1088 posts
63 upvotes
Grimsby
You played the doctor for a fool and he apparently was not. Good for him!
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2005
3060 posts
245 upvotes
Yes, but only if we can call your work and tell them you're faking :)
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
22651 posts
868 upvotes
Markham, ON
Thanks for abusing the system. The taxpayers of Canada would like to thank the doctor for calling your bluff. Now I know why I've been waiting for an hour to see the doctor...cause of F's like you.
Sep 23, 2006
789 posts
65 upvotes
Troll is a Troll.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
6117 posts
979 upvotes
Fort Saskatchewan
SoBored wrote:
Apr 6th, 2010 12:19 pm
does anyone think this is basis for filing a complaint against him?? i know doctors are humans and can be rude and whatever, but basically, he not only didnt offer me any treatment what soever except taking some immodium (as i was leaving his office), he literally said i was bull shi**ing him! he also nudged my foot with his foot when he said
Charge him with assault. He thinks he is some high and mighty doctor and better than other people, who does he think he is going around nudging feet. Maybe put fliers up outside his office and see if you can organize a class action lawsuit.

Good luck
˙dlǝɥ ɹoɟ ǝɯ WԀ oʇ ǝɯoɔlǝʍ lǝǝℲ ˙spɹolɹǝʌO pℲɹ ʎɯ ɟo ǝɔᴉʌɹǝs uᴉ ƃuᴉʇɐɹǝpoW ʎlᴉddɐH
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
1037 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
SoBored wrote:
Apr 6th, 2010 12:19 pm
okay so before i tell my story, i went to the walk in clinic yesterday because i needed a note because i took the day off from work (so i do admit that i was faking)

anyways, here is the story:

so the doc calls me in his office, and i tell him i have really bad diarreah for the past 3 or 4 days, my stomach has been hurting in general, etc.

then i told him that i wasnt really feeling too hungry and all i ate was some small snacks the last few days because i was feeling dizzy

so then he literally tells me "if you were able to eat junkfood then you're not THAT sick. quit bull shi*TING. i wasn't born yesterday" those are his exact words! and he didn't say it in a joking ha-ha way, but in a really serious angry way.

then he opens the door himself basically signalling me to get the hell out of there, and on the way out he tells me "there's nothing wrong with you, take an immodium or something"

i mean even tho i was faking, there was no way he knew that, ive faked before and the doctor always just said the same BS about avoiding hydration, resting, etc

he didn't check my tongue, ears, temperature, nothing!

does anyone think this is basis for filing a complaint against him?? i know doctors are humans and can be rude and whatever, but basically, he not only didnt offer me any treatment what soever except taking some immodium (as i was leaving his office), he literally said i was bull shi**ing him! he also nudged my foot with his foot when he said

sorry if this is really long but i feel kind of worked up this old ******* treated me like that, no matter what anyone says theres no way he knew i was BS'ing, i simply told him i had diarreah and stomach pains... so instead of recieving any treatment i felt like i was being grilled there the whole time, and i didnt mention anything about a note to him except on my way out (which he gave me but didnt really mention anything about being sick)

any ideas guys?? sorry again for the long read..
First of all, it's Diarrhea. Secondly, although I don't condone what you are doing but I must admit that the doctor does seem to be having a bad day.
[OP]
Feb 5, 2007
355 posts
10 upvotes
okay, SERIOUSLY speaking for a moment here guys

he DIDNT KNOW i was faking, all i said was i had diarreah
as far as i know, there isn't any test to check for diarreah except **** A WHOLE LOT!

he had no right to say i was BS'ing

and im sure i'm not the only person who ever went to the doctor to get a sick note
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
7972 posts
1178 upvotes
London
SoBored wrote:
Apr 6th, 2010 12:26 pm
okay, SERIOUSLY speaking for a moment here guys

he DIDNT KNOW i was faking, all i said was i had diarreah
as far as i know, there isn't any test to check for diarreah except **** A WHOLE LOT!

he had no right to say i was BS'ing

and im sure i'm not the only person who ever went to the doctor to get a sick note
He obviously _did_ know you were faking. Man up, you got caught.
Oct 2, 2006
227 posts
10 upvotes
Do you ever watch house?
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
22651 posts
868 upvotes
Markham, ON
mooshu000 wrote:
Apr 6th, 2010 12:32 pm
Do you ever watch house?
I bet the doctor does ;)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2005
5855 posts
100 upvotes
i know exam seasons are here.. stop spending time surfing the internet and start studying so this situation wouldn't have occurred in the first place
--
Jun 20, 2007
197 posts
1 upvote
SoBored wrote:
Apr 6th, 2010 12:26 pm
he DIDNT KNOW i was faking
How can you be so sure?
× < >