Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2011
9235 posts
14065 upvotes
ronin1701 wrote:
Sep 9th, 2012 3:20 pm
Depends on what sort of evidence the man would have. Showing up at the hospital with a severed penis would be pretty convincing. Other than that ....
the atricle would suggest: 1. incapacitated to the point he could not give consent and 2. she knew he was incapacitated and could not give consent.
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
14178 posts
106484 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ishfish wrote:
Sep 9th, 2012 3:24 pm
Laws, and their application, should be based on more than myths and bravado. I certainly agree that those ideas are common - but the police and law enforcement ideally is Blind.
I believe that would be a case of Lawful Neutral ;)
ishfish wrote:
Sep 9th, 2012 3:24 pm
There have certainly been many instances of women being charged with sexual abuse of boys - years ago these charges were often met with the attitude of "Wish that had happened to me when I was a boy." Things have changed. But I agree there is unfortunate bias.
Yeah, but that's usually when the unmarried teacher shows up pregnant.

That's somewhat of a different angle, re: consent. The concept of "Age of Consent" is a Victorian-era notion. In Shakespeare's day, you could be legally married (with all that implied) at the age of 12.

Interesting article in last week's issue of The Economist: http://www.economist.com/node/21561883
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
14178 posts
106484 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ishfish wrote:
Sep 9th, 2012 3:27 pm
the atricle would suggest: 1. incapacitated to the point he could not give consent and 2. she knew he was incapacitated and could not give consent.
(Sorry, I was replying to your comment about domestic abuse.)

But anyways, regardless of circumstances it always comes down to who is going to be believed.

I believe the burden of proof on a man pressing charges of rape / sexual assault would be much higher than for a woman (at least in the West - certainly not the case in the Middle East where it's next to impossible to get a man charged for raping a woman).
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2011
9235 posts
14065 upvotes
ronin1701 wrote:
Sep 9th, 2012 3:29 pm
I believe that would be a case of Lawful Neutral ;)

Yeah, but that's usually when the unmarried teacher shows up pregnant.

That's somewhat of a different angle, re: consent. The concept of "Age of Consent" is a Victorian-era notion. In Shakespeare's day, you could be legally married (with all that implied) at the age of 12.

Interesting article in last week's issue of The Economist: http://www.economist.com/node/21561883
Ha -I got it.
Yes the age part would make it more measurable.
But it also highlights attitude change.
Dec 12, 2010
611 posts
55 upvotes
like another poster mentioned if you are drunk the authorities would be more likely to think it was you doing the raping and not the other way around...backfire
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
261 upvotes
Mississauga
wilsonlam97 wrote:
Sep 9th, 2012 2:43 pm
Men can not be truely raped my woman.
Imagine this scenario:
Guy meets girl in a bar. Guy gets totally drunk, or roofied.
They go to her place, guy thinks he's getting lucky. Girl gets out the handcuffs, guy goes along with it, because like you, he is very short sighted/naive. Girl is freaky.
Girl puts on a massive strap on and goes to town on his @$$ for hours.

Still think a guy can't get raped and shouldn't be able to press charges on a woman for it?
Is a crazy world put there these days. Don't assume anything.
Thanks for the memories, RFD.
Good-bye.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2007
1387 posts
286 upvotes
Toronto
stealth wrote:
Sep 9th, 2012 5:42 pm
Imagine this scenario:
They go to her place, guy thinks he's getting lucky. Girl gets out the handcuffs, guy goes along with it, because like you, he is very short sighted/naive. Girl is freaky.

Still think a guy can't get raped and shouldn't be able to press charges on a woman for it?
LOL never thought of a scenario like this but you have a point haha.
Would you guys file a report if you were raped by a woman?
May 28, 2012
9895 posts
2073 upvotes
Saskatoon
stealth wrote:
Imagine this scenario:

What kind of sick crap is this? I never would have thought of anyone doing that...stealth, you are one sick puppy. (But yeah, in that case it would be rape.)
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2012
1098 posts
37 upvotes
The person filing the charges would be the one who received the ' thrust-ing '
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
2740 posts
208 upvotes
Canadia
I think this thread has dropped my IQ by a few points.
[OP]
Banned
Mar 23, 2012
773 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
o1jellybean wrote:
Sep 9th, 2012 5:57 pm
LOL never thought of a scenario like this but you have a point haha.
Would you guys file a report if you were raped by a woman?
TBH... After reading this thread, no. It seems as if it isn't worth the effort. I would most likely be himiliated by the authorities and the media and would no doubt be cast to look like some sort of rapist myself.
nauru wrote:
Sep 9th, 2012 6:58 pm
I think this thread has dropped my IQ by a few points.
And y is that? Reported your post for not contributing anything to this thread.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14433 posts
2032 upvotes
Toronto
stealth wrote:
Imagine this scenario:

That would be the only true rape situation I guess.
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
14178 posts
106484 upvotes
Richmond Hill
wilsonlam97 wrote:
Sep 9th, 2012 7:11 pm
That would be the only true rape situation I guess.
What if she forced you to go down on her, and she was really stanky?

What if she had HIV (tying this in to the other thread that just got started) and forced you to have plain vanilla penetrative sex with her.
Penalty Box
Feb 10, 2007
10454 posts
1530 upvotes
It's not hard for a woman to slip a V or C pill into a drink and then the guy get a erection for 5+ hours.

So yes, a woman can rape a man
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping