Off Topic Archive

Locked: Can I leave my car overnight at a GO Train Parking lot?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2010 1:52 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6083 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto

Can I leave my car overnight at a GO Train Parking lot?

It's St. Patty's day.....and well......i want to drink to the point of no return. Unfortunately couldn't get dropped off this morning and parked my car at the Unionville GO Train Station.

Will I get ticketed if I just leave my car there overnight?
Share:
6 replies
Oct 17, 2007
310 posts
21 upvotes
Mississauga
You can park up to 48 hours at GO Transit parking lots. The only problem may be that some lots generate a lot of complaints in terms of theft/vandalism.

Having said that, I once had my car parked for two nights without any problems.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
8980 posts
238 upvotes
yea my worry wouldn`t be the ticket...
I remember one night coming home late there was this car parked 5 spots away from mine - with no wheels. The thieves didnt even put it on blocks...
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2003
1989 posts
21 upvotes
My car was stolen off a GO train parking lot. If you got insurance and are not personally attached to your car then I guess there are no probs.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18146 posts
1051 upvotes
robattoronto wrote:
Mar 17th, 2010 11:04 am
My car was stolen off a GO train parking lot. If you got insurance and are not personally attached to your car then I guess there are no probs.
that is cuz u a balla and drive a money car!

I drive a 1998 Chevy Malibu with some wicked rust near the gas cap. The body is pretty dinged up and so far, no one has stolen my car!

But as others have pointed out, you can park 48hrs at GO Train parking lot without any problems. Not sure about Unionville GO Train parking lot and if it is safe to leave your car unattended for so long.....
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6083 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote:
Mar 17th, 2010 11:14 am
that is cuz u a balla and drive a money car!

I drive a 1998 Chevy Malibu with some wicked rust near the gas cap. The body is pretty dinged up and so far, no one has stolen my car!

But as others have pointed out, you can park 48hrs at GO Train parking lot without any problems. Not sure about Unionville GO Train parking lot and if it is safe to leave your car unattended for so long.....
Thanks guys.... yeah I would just be leaving it for the one night, and would pick it up the following day.

I'd feel a little selfish in asking family to go pick up car and bring it back to the house while my intoxicated *ss ttc's it home lol

But yeah my car isn't anything special either, so i'm sure it'll be allright. Nothing really valuable in there.

Thanks again.
May 27, 2007
15654 posts
3042 upvotes
Toronto
... Customers can park in any space for a maximum of 48 hours (free or reserved spaces).

http://www.gotransit.com/public/en/trav ... rking.aspx
if your car is a pos then i wont worry about the security. :cheesygri
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
× < >