Automotive

Locked: Can I legally do anything about my neighbor damaging/driving into cars on my property?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2018 10:34 am
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 22, 2018
1 posts

Can I legally do anything about my neighbor damaging/driving into cars on my property?

Today my neighbor had a visitor, and for some reason she drove onto my driveway and smashed into my parked car, which was parked on MY property... MY DRIVEWAY.

My car is now totaled... it was a brand new car.. and she managed to plow into it so hard it was 1 inch shy of smashing into my garage door. The vehicle won't be fixed because the damages are too extensive.

I called the police and insurance will be dealing with it. He said she will not be charged because it is private property.

But last year another person visiting that same neighbor drove into my sister's car while she was visiting me. A few months ago, just after I got my car, my neighbor decided to cut wood close to my car (but still on his own property) and my car was covered in wood dust and pieces of wood.

Is there ANYTHING I can do legally in addition to going through insurance?

I have a witness and I was told that she was rolling onto my driveway and then stopped, and then all of a sudden she floored the gas pedal and smashed into my car (and the neighbor's car - who she was visiting).
Share:
43 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2012
2469 posts
1002 upvotes
MARKHAM
Get a lawyer, sue her for property damage. Do you take lots of pictures? Those are evidences.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2008
1032 posts
552 upvotes
Etobicoke
This has to be a troll. A first post? "My car is now totaled... it was a brand new car" I find that hard to beleive.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3374 posts
923 upvotes
Parry Sound
You should smash into your neighbours cars. An eye for an eye.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
4895 posts
3951 upvotes
Montreal
Call the producers of the show 'Fear thy Neighbour' we may have the making of an episode here...
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
13123 posts
1657 upvotes
troll?
Aug 6, 2017
143 posts
180 upvotes
How could you determine the car is 'totaled' when insurance is still dealing with it.

And why bother posting this in a public forum? Go to a lawyer
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
24598 posts
2624 upvotes
Hamilton
Omg. Please post a “totalled” picture
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Oct 2, 2017
479 posts
324 upvotes
Why would she be charged. It’s not a criminal offense.
bottles on me, long as someone drink it
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4214 posts
1073 upvotes
Toronto
amandalab wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2018 2:03 am
Today my neighbor had a visitor, and for some reason she drove onto my driveway and smashed into my parked car, which was parked on MY property... MY DRIVEWAY.
But last year another person visiting that same neighbor drove into my sister's car while she was visiting me. A few months ago, just after I got my car, my neighbor decided to cut wood close to my car (but still on his own property) and my car was covered in wood dust and pieces of wood.
Are you actually suggesting that you think your neighbour is deliberately using their vehicles to ram into and damage your property, and telling their visitors to do so? That doesn't make sense on any level. If they were really so rich that they were willing to pay for increased insurance costs (and pay their visitors to do the same), I'm sure they would have better ways of getting at you, if there was really that level of hostility.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
3292 posts
1516 upvotes
eldiablo wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2018 10:04 am
troll?
Another one…

Mods, please lock this thread
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
10183 posts
4797 upvotes
Toronto
There are idiots out there who steps on the gas thinking its the brakes.....it ceases to amaze how they ever got their drivers license.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
3292 posts
1516 upvotes
eldiablo wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2018 10:04 am
troll?
Clue: OP joined yesterday, and this is his first post... I know, I know, there is always a first post after joining, but this?
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
13123 posts
1657 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2018 12:24 pm
Clue: OP joined yesterday, and this is his first post... I know, I know, there is always a first post after joining, but this?
A hunch.
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
10845 posts
6179 upvotes
Richmond Hill
RFD is so entertaining. Who needs cable TV when we have this!