Automotive

Locked: Can I legally do anything about my neighbor damaging/driving into cars on my property?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2018 10:34 am
Tags:
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
12568 posts
8839 upvotes
Richmond Hill
There’s so much banging and crashing in this thread, I can’t keep up!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4124 posts
2423 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2018 5:28 pm
There’s so much banging and crashing in this thread, I can’t keep up!!!
Tonight is a no-tv night. I'll stick to RFD, Sunday night is a boring tv night Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
12568 posts
8839 upvotes
Richmond Hill
DoorCrasher wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2018 5:53 pm
Tonight is a no-tv night. I'll stick to RFD, Sunday night is a boring tv night Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
I feel like I need to cancel my Netflix account.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21086 posts
10548 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Lol September has been a beast mode month for TOTY candidates.

Edit - added this gem to my poll. Reset the damn results. You guise gotta vote again. Sorry.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4124 posts
2423 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2018 5:59 pm
As a true RFD'er, you should! ;)
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3651 posts
1094 upvotes
Parry Sound
EP32k2 wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2018 5:59 pm

DoorCrasher wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2018 6:46 pm

As a true RFD'er, you should! ;)
JOIN US!
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Oct 13, 2010
548 posts
82 upvotes
She smashed your car.

You smash her.

Only fair.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9824 posts
1225 upvotes
amandalab wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2018 2:03 am
My car is now totaled... it was a brand new car.. and she managed to plow into it so hard it was 1 inch shy of smashing into my garage door. The vehicle won't be fixed because the damages are too extensive.

I have a witness and I was told that she was rolling onto my driveway and then stopped, and then all of a sudden she floored the gas pedal and smashed into my car (and the neighbor's car - who she was visiting).
Sounds like this woman got her license back

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mobile/woman ... n-1.448577
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4206 posts
2643 upvotes
Replace "neighbor's visitor" with "my angry ex" and we have a real story.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
3502 posts
2728 upvotes
Oakville, ON
amandalab wrote:
Today my neighbor had a visitor, and for some reason she drove onto my driveway and smashed into my parked car, which was parked on MY property... MY DRIVEWAY.

My car is now totaled... it was a brand new car.. and she managed to plow into it so hard it was 1 inch shy of smashing into my garage door. The vehicle won't be fixed because the damages are too extensive.

I called the police and insurance will be dealing with it. He said she will not be charged because it is private property.

But last year another person visiting that same neighbor drove into my sister's car while she was visiting me. A few months ago, just after I got my car, my neighbor decided to cut wood close to my car (but still on his own property) and my car was covered in wood dust and pieces of wood.

Is there ANYTHING I can do legally in addition to going through insurance?

I have a witness and I was told that she was rolling onto my driveway and then stopped, and then all of a sudden she floored the gas pedal and smashed into my car (and the neighbor's car - who she was visiting).
Hire Diamond & Diamond law firm and go after them for damages from the mental anguish this is causing you, not to mention the cloud of fear that you're living under not knowing when it's going to happen again.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4124 posts
2423 upvotes
CanadianLurker wrote:
Sep 24th, 2018 9:04 am
Hire Diamond & Diamond law firm and go after them for damages from the mental anguish this is causing you, not to mention the cloud of fear that you're living under not knowing when it's going to happen again.
you could add going after them for the feeling of being laughed at on RFD
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1794 posts
319 upvotes
amandalab wrote:
I was told that she was rolling onto my driveway and then stopped, and then all of a sudden she floored the gas pedal and smashed into my car
Seriously, and THAT "totaled" your car to a point where "the vehicle won't be fixed because the damages are too extensive"??? I think you need to stop making up stories and get to your science class. At least there you'll learn about the physics of a car collision and the force and energy required to "total" your stationary car.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3651 posts
1094 upvotes
Parry Sound
akira1971 wrote:
Sep 24th, 2018 10:23 am
Seriously, and THAT "totaled" your car to a point where "the vehicle won't be fixed because the damages are too extensive"??? I think you need to stop making up stories and get to your science class. At least there you'll learn about the physics of a car collision and the force and energy required to "total" your stationary car.
Don't lose any hairs over it. He's an obvious troll.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.