Shopping Discussion

can i PM futureshop/walmart/bestbuy for amazon.ca ?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2015 12:58 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 4, 2010
224 posts
90 upvotes

can i PM futureshop/walmart/bestbuy for amazon.ca ?

do they honour amazon price? thanks
14 replies
Apr 10, 2012
2 posts
NEPEAN
futureshop will not honour amazon.ca prices unless they include next day delivery for free with in the price. A compromise can be made were we will match the amazon.ca price but have factored in next day delivery. if no next day delivery is offered on the product we will not price match the product. you will unfortunatly have to pay the full price for the convenience of having it right away.
Jan 17, 2010
950 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
I pricematched Amazon at FS a few times back in the day, when I bought DVDs quite a bit. Sometimes even slipped a few Amazon.com prices under the radar.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
210 upvotes
Surrey
pipity wrote: do they honour amazon price? thanks

This would be outlined in their PM policies, so I would suggest you look there first.

Good luck.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2007
3772 posts
1067 upvotes
I PMed FS/BB against amazon.ca before no problem. :)
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
2968 posts
78 upvotes
LOL on FS responses: Yes, No, check out the PM Policy (that counts as a maybe since they often don't follow it). Anyone see a problem with FS?

Walmart: good luck, not going to happen. I don't even think they have a computer that customer service can access to verify.
BB: see FS

Technically, they don't have to as per the FS guy and I would not expect them to.

Amazon delivers super fast.....usually 2 days within the GTA.....the sale is guaranteed. Seems silly not to order it from them unless you need it this weekend. Otherwise fork over the extra $5.
Oct 31, 2010
791 posts
197 upvotes
Ottawa[]/GTA[X]
They won't mind doing it. You just got to know whether or not you have to pay for next day shipping because that's what they look for.
Rogers: $60 15GB + 5GB | Koodo: $75 18GB
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5306 posts
1141 upvotes
Just bumping an old thread as I was wondernig the same thing.

amazon.ca had the Otter Box Commuter for the S4 for $29.99. BB has it for $39.99. Went to BB, asked them to PM and they did it no questions asked after looking at the price on my phone.
Feb 9, 2011
883 posts
130 upvotes
Montr
Aggy wrote: Just bumping an old thread as I was wondernig the same thing.

amazon.ca had the Otter Box Commuter for the S4 for $29.99. BB has it for $39.99. Went to BB, asked them to PM and they did it no questions asked after looking at the price on my phone.
this is a product with alot of margin usualythey will agree but try with a pc laptop tablet or video games goodluck
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2010
2636 posts
695 upvotes
Vaughan
For FS/BB, the policy is to add next day shipping to the cost. Though, a lot of CSR's may not know that or not care and will just PM it.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1771 posts
260 upvotes
Aggy wrote: Just bumping an old thread as I was wondernig the same thing.

I've price matched Amazon.ca twice at FS for Otter Box cases without any issues. Shipping charges never even came up.
Jul 20, 2015
3 posts
Montr
Does anyone know if this still holds? Does BestBuy still price match Amazon.CA?
Dec 28, 2011
325 posts
98 upvotes
TORONTO
Still holds. I do it all the time, most recently last week.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
25954 posts
11390 upvotes
iamnotamerican.com wrote: This would be outlined in their PM policies, so I would suggest you look there first.
Considering they don't even follow their own PM policies it's a terrible place to start.
It'd be fine if they actually did follow them.
Jan 25, 2015
3 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa, On
I got this price matched at the Best Buy in South Keys Ottawa - The Bundle + Battlefield. The manager had no issue with matching the deal after verifying it was in stock; however, he was a bit wishy-washy on the free shipping vs charging me the cost of the one day shipping delivery fee. In the end they just price matched with no added costs.