Shopping Discussion

Can I return and exchange underwear at Sears?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2013 11:40 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 21, 2010
998 posts
86 upvotes

Can I return and exchange underwear at Sears?

I bought 2 packs with 3 pairs each of underwear but I didn't do any research (it was an impulse buy since I moved just a week ago) and I didn't buy them before , it was always women buying it for me. With that said , I bought a small pair at only 32" which is too small for me , I need circulation down there. Anyway I tried only 1 pair for a few minutes and quickly realized that I can't bear it so how can I return it and exchange it ? If I wore just 1 pair from 1 pack and the other pack is unopened ? I gather I should not return what I alread worn but 2 unworn pairs from an opened pack are all right to be exchanged? Mind you the store is very far away from my new place so I can't just go back and forth
39 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
6145 posts
2957 upvotes
Kanata
lol, return the unopened pack, give the other 2/3 to someone smaller :lol:
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2004
2778 posts
119 upvotes
Sudbury
Oh lord... http://www.sears.ca/content/customer-se ... ry/returns

The following items are excluded from this refund policy and will not be accepted for refund or exchange:
Collectible merchandise
Personalized jewellery, as well as pierced earrings and toe rings
Monogrammed, engraved, personalized or altered items
Footwear that is worn or scuffed
Selected women's, children's and men's apparel where the cord and seal tag has been removed
Female swim wear if the hygienic strip is missing and the original tags removed
Undergarments and hosiery out of its original packaging or with the original tags removed
Health care products, pillows, pillow protectors and mattress pads out of its original packaging
Made to measure window coverings, blinds and rugs
Home installed products
Perishable food products
Vitamins and health supplements
Due to the nature of some seasonal events (e.g. Easter, Halloween, Christmas, etc.) returns will not be permitted after the event date.
Gift cards
Any merchandise that has possibly been contaminated with any substance that may pose a health risk
Multi-tender purchase returns will be refunded to gift card only.
"What an emotionally wrecking of the stomach game"
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9113 posts
2403 upvotes
Kenny Blankenship wrote: Oh lord... http://www.sears.ca/content/customer-se ... ry/returns

The following items are excluded from this refund policy and will not be accepted for refund or exchange:
Collectible merchandise
Selected women's, children's and men's apparel where the cord and seal tag has been removed
Undergarments and hosiery out of its original packaging or with the original tags removed
Health care products, pillows, pillow protectors and mattress pads out of its original packaging
Home installed products
Perishable food products
Due to the nature of some seasonal events (e.g. Easter, Halloween, Christmas, etc.) returns will not be permitted after the event date.
Gift cards
Any merchandise that has possibly been contaminated with any substance that may pose a health risk :lol:
;)
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Apr 21, 2010
998 posts
86 upvotes
Kenny Blankenship wrote: Oh lord... http://www.sears.ca/content/customer-se ... ry/returns

Collectible merchandise
Home installed products
Perishable food products
Gift cards
Any merchandise that has possibly been contaminated with any substance that may pose a health risk
so I gather I can return 2 pairs from the opened pack that I didn't even pull out ?
Mar 7, 2010
445 posts
26 upvotes
vlado416 wrote: so I gather I can return 2 pairs from the opened pack that I didn't even pull out ?

No. that list is the exclusion list.

So your unopened pack is ok. But since the second package is opened it is excluded from the return policy.

EDIT: oh ok. i see what you're saying. the package is opened but not "out of its original packaging"

I still dont think they will exchange the 2 in the opened package.
Apr 21, 2010
998 posts
86 upvotes
Mysticdragon wrote: No. that list is the exclusion list.

So your unopened pack is ok. But since the second package is opened it is excluded from the return policy.

EDIT: oh ok. i see what you're saying. the package is opened but not "out of its original packaging"

I still dont think they will exchange the 2 in the opened package.
Tough luck
BTW , check out this story
http://www.lovelyish.com/722912402/omg- ... -underwear
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
6145 posts
2957 upvotes
Kanata
vlado416 wrote: so I gather I can return 2 pairs from the opened pack that I didn't even pull out ?

I don't think they're going to divide it by 3, multiply it by 2 and do a refund/exchange :facepalm: Was it expensive? Take a loss! Next time ask the women in your life lol
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Jan 4, 2011
100 posts
76 upvotes
vlado416 wrote: I bought ... underwear but ... I moved just a week ago

Eww! Ick! Absolutely not!
Deal Guru
Oct 16, 2008
11337 posts
5531 upvotes
Vaughan
Stores should not allow to return. However, I exchanged it at Walmart before. They said no to return but the briefs (not try on of-course) for men were too big for the indicated size. I told her that I just want to correct size. Walmart agreed for exchange. I would do this if the briefs are in proper size.
Dec 30, 2006
184 posts
82 upvotes
Ottawa
teoconca wrote: Stores should not allow to return. However, I exchanged it at Walmart before. They said no to return but the briefs (not try on of-course) for men were too big for the indicated size. I told her that I just want to correct size. Walmart agreed for exchange. I would do this if the briefs are in proper size.

Interesting. I was returning an item at Walmart last week. The lady in front of me was bringing back underwear and the returns cashier made the exchange, although she did warn the customer that they don't normally do this and that next time she wouldn't be able to. I don't recall exactly whether they were in a sealed package, but still: note to self about where not to buy underwear.
Mar 8, 2010
371 posts
38 upvotes
vlado416 wrote: I bought 2 packs with 3 pairs each of underwear but I didn't do any research (it was an impulse buy since I moved just a week ago) and I didn't buy them before , it was always women buying it for me. With that said , I bought a small pair at only 32" which is too small for me , I need circulation down there. Anyway I tried only 1 pair for a few minutes and quickly realized that I can't bear it so how can I return it and exchange it ? If I wore just 1 pair from 1 pack and the other pack is unopened ? I gather I should not return what I alread worn but 2 unworn pairs from an opened pack are all right to be exchanged? Mind you the store is very far away from my new place so I can't just go back and forth

How nice of your mom to buy you underwear for that long :lol:
Apr 21, 2010
998 posts
86 upvotes
ok I exchanged them with no issues, actually the guy at the desk was very responsive. I gave him all back except one that I tried and he didn't even look into it , I guess he was embarrassed as I was . He just told me quickly to look around and find a different pair
Jun 2, 2008
504 posts
62 upvotes
Note to self, do not buy underwear from Sears
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11320 posts
3870 upvotes
Nowhere
I am really picky about underwear because I have issues with the elastic and things that are tight across my stomach. So I buy alot of underwear that I never use but would never think of returning it. One time I was at Sears buying underwear and the clerk said something about getting a bigger discount if I bought more. I explained that I was picky and wanted to take them home and try them and if they were suitable, I would come back. She told me that I could try them on in the change room or I could take them home and try them and bring them back if they were appropriate. Yuck. I told her that I had no intention of returning underwear. I saw an episode of Dr. Oz, where they tested clothing in stores and found E. coli on new underwear in stores.

Interesting in the US, Walmart won't even let you try on a bra in the change room but they did let me return one.
Sep 30, 2001
30160 posts
10147 upvotes
Toronto
vlado416 wrote: I bought 2 packs with 3 pairs each of underwear but I didn't do any research
how much research does one need to buy underwear? oO
Be kind and civil with one another
Dec 20, 2010
288 posts
66 upvotes
Cheap Cat wrote: Interesting in the US, Walmart won't even let you try on a bra in the change room but they did let me return one.
If you can't try on a bra, how are you supposed to know how the girls look? :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9951 posts
2434 upvotes
Toronto
joe boxer! .. no tighty whities for me :razz: