Shopping Discussion

Can I return a memory foam mattress to local costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2014 1:20 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2004
2266 posts
325 upvotes
London

Can I return a memory foam mattress to local costco?

Bought one few days ago and just opened last night. Found some issue and want to get momey back.

Just wondering if anyone had experience for return a memory foam mattress after opened? It extremely hard to put back in the package after opened and expended. Can't find more information for mattress return on costco's website. Can anyone share any real experience? Thanks!
No external links in signatures.
25 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2011
1212 posts
269 upvotes
OTTAWA
I remember vividly that I saw a man returning a HEAVILY USED twin size mattress with stains on it. He insisted to have a refund. The staff of the Return Counter had to call the store manager. Well, that is why our membership fees keep go up.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
1876 posts
130 upvotes
Rockymountain wrote: I remember vividly that I saw a man returning a HEAVILY USED twin size mattress with stains on it. He insisted to have a refund. The staff of the Return Counter had to call the store manager. Well, that is why our membership fees keep go up.
There's a difference. The stores actually sell twin/double/queen sealy mattresses. I think the OP is asking whether they can return something they bought on costco.ca to a local store. This is assuming the local stores does not carry the item purchased online.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11320 posts
3870 upvotes
Nowhere
Yes, I have returned a memory foam mattress to Costco but it was bought in store. For a website purchase, it is probably best to phone them as maybe they will come pick it up and save you the hassle. My first memory foam mattress didn't fully expand (the corners) so I returned it. They did the return without even looking at it. Of course, it was a pain to get it back to the store. I had to borrow a van and get a friend to help me whereas I was able to bring the original one in the box home in my car by myself.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6827 posts
1482 upvotes
Manitoba
Phone them.
Banned
Jun 30, 2012
513 posts
21 upvotes
You can surely return them to any local store just bring the receipt of the item, but usually if they have the same item on stock they just replace it and not issue a refund.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11320 posts
3870 upvotes
Nowhere
Costco issues refunds with no problem.

In my case, I didn't want to get a replacement mattress from the same lot, in case it had the same problem. If it were a small item, it would have been different but it was too much trouble to go for something that might not be right. Those mattresses are rather heavy even in the box but out the box, there are very difficult to handle. I waited and ordered a newer model off their website and have been happy with it ever since.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
Cheap Cat wrote: Costco issues refunds with no problem.

In my case, I didn't want to get a replacement mattress from the same lot, in case it had the same problem. If it were a small item, it would have been different but it was too much trouble to go for something that might not be right. Those mattresses are rather heavy even in the box but out the box, there are very difficult to handle. I waited and ordered a newer model off their website and have been happy with it ever since.
Haha yeah It's weird like that.. Once they're out and untied It's soo heavy, But the box Itself when It's sealed Is light haha!
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
2013 posts
613 upvotes
Calgary
I've returned a few items that i bought at costco.ca to my local store.

No problems at all.
May 28, 2012
12485 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
I've never had them insist on an exchange rather than a refund. And yes, you can return an online purchase at any Costco store.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
We returned a memory foam bought instore because it was giving my dad back problems. It took 2-3 people to fit the thing back in the box, and by the time we were taping it back up, the box broke :( I held it down fast enough so that we were able to hold it in place with packing tape, and returned it inside a broken bulging box. Good thing with Costco return policy, it was accepted no problem.

I do not recommend the memory foams if you are not 100% sure you will be keeping it. It took us at least an hour to fit it back in the box. Spent at least 30 mins figuring out what would be the best way to fold it up. Waste of time.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
1925 posts
488 upvotes
YVR
^ No need to put things back into original box (packaging). Just return it "as is".
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11320 posts
3870 upvotes
Nowhere
doberman_baby wrote: ^ No need to put things back into original box (packaging). Just return it "as is".
Exactly, at least in the case of a memory foam mattress. How you even managed to get it in the box or why you would even think it would go back in the box is beyond me . The mattress is vacuum sealed to get it in the box in the first place. How would a fully expanded mattress fit back in that box? I bet it was hilarious to watch but not so much for you and those helping you. You should have recorded it. It would have been a hit on YouTube. :D
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2862 posts
1243 upvotes
Gta
I just ordered one of these memory foam mattress off the Costco website. Can you tell me why you are returning it?
Mar 16, 2005
993 posts
75 upvotes
Windsor
We bought a Novaform Gel Topper for our RV and loved it. Bought one for home and it was stiff as a rock. Returned it after 2 months of hoping it would turn into the one at the RV. Bought online, returned to local store no problem. Paid with visa, gave me the option of cash or cash card. Had the same toppers on sale for $25 off in store. Score! Average Costco trip for me is a $300 pay out.
Regards,
-P

Ebay
Heatware
Mar 23, 2005
200 posts
10 upvotes
You shouldn't have an issue as long as you have the receipt.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2004
2266 posts
325 upvotes
London
Thank you so much everyone! We just worry about that we have to return it within the original box. Now with all your positive experience, wei know it can be returned as is. We bought it froml local store not onlineand it is very heavy. It has the same problem as Cheap Cat mentioned before which is not expanded fully. We still need to figure out how to get it back to store even as is. But it still much better than put back in box first...
No external links in signatures.
Oct 21, 2005
615 posts
95 upvotes
London
My buddy used to work at Costco. He told me someone returned a half eaten fruit tray. I am sure Costco will take your matress

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)