Shopping Discussion

Can I return a product without receipt at walmart?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2009 1:04 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1039 posts
1 upvote
Toronto

Can I return a product without receipt at walmart?

I got a rb2 set i got about a week ago and still deciding to open it up or not as i still havent finished rb1. so im thinking of returning it before it's too late but i can't find my receipt. do walmarts accept returns without receipt? i dont even want the cash as i have to buy car battery from there anyways.
FS List:

8 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
184 upvotes
Surrey
pilmania wrote:
Mar 14th, 2009 3:57 pm
I got a rb2 set i got about a week ago and still deciding to open it up or not as i still havent finished rb1. so im thinking of returning it before it's too late but i can't find my receipt. do walmarts accept returns without receipt? i dont even want the cash as i have to buy car battery from there anyways.
Why not just phone Wal*Mart? I'm sure if you bought the item from there you won't have any problems at all.
Alan lost his fight against cancer at just 5 years, 2 months old. I'm riding to Conquer Cancer, in memory of Alan.
Please donate toward my fundraising efforts and support research into childhood cancers.
Simply scan my avatar to go straight to the donation page!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1039 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
iamnotamerican.com wrote:
Mar 14th, 2009 4:28 pm
Why not just phone Wal*Mart? I'm sure if you bought the item from there you won't have any problems at all.
I did and found out i could return upto 3 items per year without receipt. you dont have to come to my thread telling me what to do if you dont have answer to my question. I just wanted to see if anybody had a similar experience before i call them and they put me on hold on the phone for 15 mins.

thanks for nothing
FS List:

Dec 8, 2007
224 posts
6 upvotes
The Great North
pilmania wrote:
Mar 14th, 2009 5:10 pm
I did and found out i could return upto 3 items per year without receipt. you dont have to come to my thread telling me what to do if you dont have answer to my question. I just wanted to see if anybody had a similar experience before i call them and they put me on hold on the phone for 15 mins.

thanks for nothing
Uhm, so you admit that iamnotamerican.com suggestion helped you to find the answer. iamnotamerican.com most certainly did not tell you what to do . . .
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
184 upvotes
Surrey
pilmania wrote:

thanks for nothing

With respect, I did have the answer to your question - you just chose to ignore that part. You know where I wrote I'm sure if you bought the item from there you won't have any problems at all? That was your answer. Having said that, your question has actually been asked and answered many times. The SEARCH feature is a wonderful tool. :!:

You phoned Wal*Mart and you got your answer likely substantially faster (and more accurately) than you would have in a discussion forum, as each person's situation may be different. Even after being on hold for - as you claim - 15 minutes, the answer came faster than via the forum.

You're welcome. Ungrateful, but welcome.
Alan lost his fight against cancer at just 5 years, 2 months old. I'm riding to Conquer Cancer, in memory of Alan.
Please donate toward my fundraising efforts and support research into childhood cancers.
Simply scan my avatar to go straight to the donation page!
Deal Addict
May 28, 2006
2287 posts
159 upvotes
pilmania wrote:

thanks for nothing
it depends on the store and who's in charge at the time. I think their policy is no receipt no refund but their principal is customer satisfaction which trumps their policy. If all else fails send a letter to their headoffice.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2008
1277 posts
38 upvotes
Langley
A touchy subject since at least half the people trying to return things at Walmart without a reciept seem not to have purchased the item there. If you did in fact purchase the item at Walmart then good luck on the return and yes they will usually allow a small amount of these returns per year per person.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2005
3072 posts
96 upvotes
Mississauga
My girlfriend's friend purchased a tire there and it blew out shortly after. After driving there to exchange the tire, they wouldn't do it unless he had the receipt. So he just bought another one. Not sure which Walmart this is but here is a real world example - so it is a hit or miss.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
15334 posts
561 upvotes
Niagara Falls
I was able to return video games to a Walmart without a receipt. You get store credit.
Stop being lazy RFD and fix the auto subscription nonsense. This is a damn discussion forum.
× < >