• Oct 15th, 2011 12:41 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
2419 posts
971 upvotes

Can I teach my wife driving?

Need help to clarify the requirement of accompanying drive under highway act ontario.
It says: "You must drive with an accompanying driver, who has to be a fully licensed driver with at least four years of experience and a blood alcohol level of less than .05,"

Does "four years of experience" mean post G experience or post G2 experience
I am G license holder, I got my G1 in Apr 2006, and G2 in Nov 2007, so can I teach my wife from this Nov on?
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
6354 posts
1013 upvotes
Toronto, ON
napoleonbot wrote: Need help to clarify the requirement of accompanying drive under highway act ontario.
It says: "You must drive with an accompanying driver, who has to be a fully licensed driver with at least four years of experience and a blood alcohol level of less than .05,"

I am G license holder, I got my G1 in Apr 2006, and G2 in Nov 2007, so can I teach my wife from this Nov on?

yes, go ahead. Congratulations. I feel old now, I got my G1 back in 2003, been driving since then. 8 Years of experience+ :(
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
1387 posts
118 upvotes
GTA
Please send her to a driving school.

Teaching your wife driving can be very hazardous to your marriage. This is not a joke.
May 27, 2007
16088 posts
4769 upvotes
Toronto
napoleonbot wrote: Need help to clarify the requirement of accompanying drive under highway act ontario.

You can. "experience" starts from the date you pass your G1 (written test).
Just make sure to follow the usual license restrictions (ie: no highway driving for G1, etc)
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
1065 posts
111 upvotes
Halifax
m4gician wrote: yes, go ahead. Congratulations. I feel old now, I got my G1 back in 2003, been driving since then. 8 Years of experience+ :(
You feel old????????

I got my licence back in 1988.... So long ago that I dont even remeber how long the learners permit was for. 3 months I think maybe less.
Oct 18, 2005
442 posts
197 upvotes
jl001 wrote: Please send her to a driving school.

Teaching your wife driving can be very hazardous to your marriage. This is not a joke.

+1

Nothing good will come out of you teaching her.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
5862 posts
268 upvotes
ctc027 wrote: +1

Nothing good will come out of you teaching her.
+1

It's hard for me to sit as a passenger with people who has their licenses. I would imagine that experience to be 100x worse.
signature edited for rule violations
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2004
3171 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
AcidBomber wrote: You can. "experience" starts from the date you pass your G1 (written test).
Just make sure to follow the usual license restrictions (ie: no highway driving for G1, etc)

This is wrong info.

My son waited 9 months before taking G2 and another 13 months for G. So a total of 22 months from G1 when he got G.

His G has zero black dot on it.
May 27, 2007
16088 posts
4769 upvotes
Toronto
DragonZealot wrote: This is wrong info.

My son waited 9 months before taking G2 and another 13 months for G. So a total of 22 months from G1 when he got G.

His G has zero black dot on it.

thats because you only receive the 'dots' after 4 years (48 months - not 22 months) when you renew/replace your license.
i should also mention that you either have 0 dot or 4 dots. you do not get one dot per year of experience.

im currently a qualified driver with 4+ years of 'experience' (confirmed with MTO), but my drivers license does not show the dots because i dont get it until i get a new license (ie: when i renew). and if i get pulled over by a cop, they will see that im qualified when they scan my license.
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
2419 posts
971 upvotes
I have 4 dots on my license, ok, got to go to teach her driving
Jun 2, 2009
90 posts
I got my g2 8 months after I got my g1 and drove with it till a month before my g2 expires
When I got my g licence the dots were present on my new drivers licence
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5962 posts
1066 upvotes
Calgary
I don't know... pic of wife or she doesn't exist.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11320 posts
3870 upvotes
Nowhere
As others have said, DO NOT teach your wife to drive. My father taught my mother to drive almost 40 years ago and they still argue over it. If you value your marriage, don't do it.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
AcidBomber wrote: You can. "experience" starts from the date you pass your G1 (written test).

I thought it's 4 years of "G experience"?
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)