• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2018 3:33 pm
Tags:
Mar 30, 2010
337 posts
180 upvotes
Calgary

Can I use a coupon with a MIR?

I just purchased finish dish detergent on amazon and used a $5 coupon. Can I still use the "Try it free" MIR. It doesn't state it cant' be used with a coupon, and I still spent $11 (max rebate is $8) so I am not double dipping. Anyone know?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
3685 posts
4751 upvotes
B.C.
MIR in general, manufacturers don't care how much you paid to retailers.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
2290 posts
2343 upvotes
Toronto
You can still use coupon in MIR, they will only pay up to the max. rebate in this case $8.00. The rebate will be the cost of the item minus the value of the coupon assuming that there is only one item on the receipt.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27801 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Smiley22 wrote: You can still use coupon in MIR, they will only pay up to the max. rebate in this case $8.00.

The rebate will be the cost of the item minus the value of the coupon assuming that there is only one item on the receipt.
First statement = Yes

Second statement = YMMV

In my experience the rules surrounding Coupons (valid with or without) are usually laid out in the Rebate’s fine print.

If no mention at all... then coupons are usually ok.

Actually... it’s up to the Manufacturer how they decide to apply / not apply the coupon once they see the Receipt. I’ve gotten the Rebate on the full amount, and i’ve gotten the rebate on the after coupon discount amount (where the MIR Offer said ... “your full purchase refunded”)

ie $ 10 item. After Coupon paid $ 9. Have seen both $ 9 and $ 10 payouts for a MIR stating “your full purchase refunded”

In this case, the OP paid $ 11 after the coupon... and the offer says $ 8 max, so $ 8 is the max they are going to get no matter what.
Banned
Nov 21, 2009
2465 posts
1043 upvotes
I know for a fact when you buy in store and get a receipt and lets say you buy one item and use a coupon.. they can obviously see the coupon was used towards the product and some may frown upon that.

But if you're buying more than item, the receipt will just show MFR coupon by the retailer and the MIR company won't know if the coupon was applied to their product or something else.

So you're more likely to get it approved then.