Personal Finance

Can my wife write me a $30k personal cheque? Simplii Financial

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2018 6:32 am
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
3061 posts
1486 upvotes
You really should just make a joint account. Makes things so much easier.
I'd love to write history... in advance.
AMEX Biz Plat 75K AGAIN! | Plat 60K | Biz Gold 40K | Gold 25K | SPG 20K
Jan 5, 2007
153 posts
36 upvotes
Sydney
I have written personal cheques way over $10,000 before. I am not sure of the limit, but I once wrote a cheque for almost $70,000 when I was paying a contractor several years ago.

i6s1 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 12:33 pm
My wife has come into a bit of money due to her role in a successful kidnapping/extortion scheme. She's going to max out her TFSA and then we want to transfer about 30k to max out mine. She can't transfer direct from her Simplii account to my Questrade account, something we learned the hard way, not long ago. Can she just write me a personal cheque? I thought there was a $10k max on personal cheques but I can't find any indication of that despite scouring Simplii's site. We both bank with them but have individual accounts, nothing joint.

TIA.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8283 posts
2560 upvotes
Toronto
i6s1 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 12:33 pm
My wife has come into a bit of money due to her role in a successful kidnapping/extortion scheme. She's going to max out her TFSA and then we want to transfer about 30k to max out mine. She can't transfer direct from her Simplii account to my Questrade account, something we learned the hard way, not long ago. Can she just write me a personal cheque? I thought there was a $10k max on personal cheques but I can't find any indication of that despite scouring Simplii's site. We both bank with them but have individual accounts, nothing joint.
Joint account is the easiest way for you two to transfer the money.

But we are all eager to learn how to get involved in this type of lucrative kidnapping/extortion scheme. Teach us, pretty please.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1513 posts
192 upvotes
Markham, ON
How long has you and your wife been married?

Where is your marriage certificate?

No marriage certificate but the two of you lived together for so long that she is practically your wife?

I guess the money handler want to make sure your wife truly wants to give you 30,000 dollars.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
31103 posts
2689 upvotes
Winnipeg
I don't believe there is a limit on the size of the cheque, I've seen lottery winners holding up cheque the size bigger than my desk, it took multiple people to hold it up for the camera.