Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Can-Net Telecom

FREE Switch to Can-Net's 100M Unlimited Internet; $39.98/month (ON ONLY)

Banned
Apr 25, 2017
72 posts
9 upvotes

FREE Switch to Can-Net's 100M Unlimited Internet; $39.98/month (ON ONLY)

Deal Link:
Price:
$39.98
Savings:
$20
Expiry:
July 29, 2017
Retailer:
Can-Net Telecom
Hello, I'm relatively new to the RFD world, but this seemed like a good deal to post; keep in mind I have no affiliation to the provider :)

If you switch from your current ISP to Can-Net they will offer you the following promotion:

Some details about the promotion:

- Free switch/transfer
- 100M Unlimited High Speed Cable Internet
- No contract
- Completely unlimited services; with no bandwidth throttling, caps or restrictions
- Price is guaranteed for the first two years of service
- Free shipping + activation + installation
- 10 day full money back guarantee

If you are transferring from your current ISP there is also modem rental fees; which I believe are $4.98/month for a wired modem (Hitron CDA3-20); or $6.98/month for wireless modem (Cisco DPC3848)

I've never heard Can-Net before I came across this promotion; please only comment if you have any personal experience with them :)
Last edited by JonnyWong on May 15th, 2017 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
17 replies
Oct 31, 2006
628 posts
246 upvotes
GTA
Switched from Rogers 100u to Cannet 100mb cable last week and I'm happy so far, no throttling or differences between services.
Public Mobile user
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2015
1103 posts
1179 upvotes
Have personal experience and was with them back from Nov to April. Expect growing pains with this company as with any growing company. CanNet is a sister company of CIK telecom, lots of complaints. I cannot recommend CanNet, they may not throttle but customers do experience congestion. So during 6-12 PM at night during busy/prime hours expect slowdowns. If you can live with that then they are good for the price. Myself I prefer to pay a bit more for reliability. My experience with CanNet during the whole month of April (almost) was awful. I do have experience and have been a cable customer for the past 8 years.

For $30 all in that's a good price however, obviously they are targeting Carrytel customers. Based on price, this is the lowest internet cost per month with modem and good speed I have seen.
Public Mobile $13 plan
Thanks to RFD
Mar 6, 2017
18 posts
1 upvote
Good news for me, I am looking for new ISP now. I will switch to this one. Thank you
Mar 19, 2017
34 posts
9 upvotes
What about if i didn't sign up with any ISP at this moment, can i still get this offer?
Apr 21, 2011
88 posts
41 upvotes
Ottawa - Overbook
The same deal is also found at http://www.modemoutlet.com/

I was with Rogers way back in the day when it was 10/1/60. I moved to 3Web for unlimited service because I was getting close to Rogers cap every month and I did not want to go over (I did a couple times). Their service was shaky at 1st but after 3-6 months it was very reliable (Ottawa - Overbook).

I remained there until 3Web was taken over by Distributel. Distributel increased prices so much that Rogers was cheaper, so I returned on a special plan 35/3/300 for $48 a month. That price increased this year to $53 a month resulting in my shopping around. Originally I thought Carrytel but then I read about them blocking certain sites (Kodi related) that brought me to Cannet.

Getting this installed on Wed. Cannet 100/10/unlimited cable internet service for $40 a month along with a $99 modem purchase (instead of rental). Free install and they gave me a free router (Asus RT N-12).

Will post and let you know how it goes (can also PM me if you wish).
Last edited by YrocMorf on May 15th, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 20, 2017
616 posts
428 upvotes
JonnyWong wrote:
If you are transferring from your current ISP there is also modem rental fees; which I believe are $4.98/month for a wired modem (Hitron CDA3-20); or $6.98/month for wireless modem (Cisco DPC3848)
Is there the modem purchase option?
Apr 21, 2011
88 posts
41 upvotes
Ottawa - Overbook
Yes.. click on link above in my post.

I notice that if you come from Carrytel they offer an additional $10 discount every month for 2 years. Sucks to be me.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
Oooh, if this is the same company as CIK, be very wary. CIK has a pretty bad reputation.
Banned
Apr 25, 2017
72 posts
9 upvotes
htauthority wrote: Have personal experience and was with them back from Nov to April. Expect growing pains with this company as with any growing company. CanNet is a sister company of CIK telecom, lots of complaints. I cannot recommend CanNet, they may not throttle but customers do experience congestion. So during 6-12 PM at night during busy/prime hours expect slowdowns. If you can live with that then they are good for the price. Myself I prefer to pay a bit more for reliability. My experience with CanNet during the whole month of April (almost) was awful. I do have experience and have been a cable customer for the past 8 years.

For $30 all in that's a good price however, obviously they are targeting Carrytel customers. Based on price, this is the lowest internet cost per month with modem and good speed I have seen.
Yeah I noticed that. Thanks for your feedback, I've never really heard of either company. I kind of tend to agree until they're more established I'd rather pay the extra money and know that my internet and equipment is reliable. I really don't want to have to be troubleshooting and spending any time on the phone with my ISP, truthfully haha
Banned
Apr 25, 2017
72 posts
9 upvotes
mikimoto wrote: Is there the modem purchase option?
Good question. I checked, only for the wired modem, which is a little strange?
Banned
Apr 25, 2017
72 posts
9 upvotes
wearysky wrote: Oooh, if this is the same company as CIK, be very wary. CIK has a pretty bad reputation.
I've never heard of them either, will have to do some research but thanks for the heads up :)
Banned
Apr 25, 2017
72 posts
9 upvotes
YrocMorf wrote: Yes.. click on link above in my post.

I notice that if you come from Carrytel they offer an additional $10 discount every month for 2 years. Sucks to be me.
They should offer better incentives from people like me, switching from a larger ISP. Isn't that a larger demographic?
Sep 21, 2010
77 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
since yesterday I am with Cannet 100mb cable and so far so good , the service was up and running in 10 mins
choose modem rental option, so I can switch to any other provider if incase any issue with service
Apr 20, 2017
616 posts
428 upvotes
JonnyWong wrote: Good question. I checked, only for the wired modem, which is a little strange?
Do you know how much does the wired modem cost?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
Signed up Couple months ago service is stable and fast
Love saving money......
Apr 21, 2011
88 posts
41 upvotes
Ottawa - Overbook
It was $99 + tax to buy the modem. It arrived by Canada Post at my door two days after I paid for it.

There are two other posts on this service that are expired or locked.

My summary after reading all ~ 200 pages... some issues with congestion in Burlington, ON area that may or may not have been resolved. Some speed tests showing good performance. I will post mine on Wed and for the days that follow. The posts I am referencing are found here:

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/cannet- ... 091737/18/
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/cannet- ... 076294/82/
Banned
Mar 4, 2011
660 posts
493 upvotes
Surrey
dang when can BC have this kind of pricing?
Fulfillment: 1930, 1966, 1975, 1980, 1981 9.20 14:00, 1984 3.14