Credit Cards

Can an OP or MOD please remove this thread? I n......

• Last Updated:
  • May 4th, 2017 4:44 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 13, 2015
29 posts
303 upvotes
Okanagan Valley, Bri…

Can an OP or MOD please remove this thread? I n......

Can an OP or MOD please remove this thread?
I no longer wish to have this information publicly available.
Thanks.
Last edited by SouthOkanagan on Nov 9th, 2018 6:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
〰〰〰〰〰
Confucious say... "You can't give I.O.U. to U.P.S. for C.O.D., They call F.B.I. on you!"
6 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
1686 posts
644 upvotes
Kitchener
SouthOkanagan wrote:
May 4th, 2017 6:35 am
Hi!

Does anyone know if I can pay my RBC Visa card account from another financial institution's online banking?
I'm asking because I have the RBC Visa card but I don't have an RBC bank account, I bank with another financial institution/bank.
I do see in the list of payees there is a listing for ROYAL BANK/ROYAL TRUST VISA, but that's the only entry. Edit: There are various other entries starting with "RBC" but nothing with RBC and Visa, only that first "ROYAL BANK/ROYAL TRUST VISA" payee.

I guess what I really need to know is, can it be done from an HSBC online banking account to pay an RBC Visa card and have you done this?
I'm weary to try it because this could snag up my payment for quite a while if it isn't correct.

Thank you.
I have an RBC Visa (had two in fact until I closed one) and I have been able to make payments to it via National Bank of Canada, TDCanada Trust and Bank of Montreal. I'm sure your bank is no different.

If you're concerned though, make a $10 payment and see what happens.
[OP]
Dec 13, 2015
29 posts
303 upvotes
Okanagan Valley, Bri…
jeff1970 wrote:
May 4th, 2017 6:49 am
I have an RBC Visa (had two in fact until I closed one) and I have been able to make payments to it via National Bank of Canada, TDCanada Trust and Bank of Montreal. I'm sure your bank is no different.

If you're concerned though, make a $10 payment and see what happens.

Do you happen to remember the payee name you used?
〰〰〰〰〰
Confucious say... "You can't give I.O.U. to U.P.S. for C.O.D., They call F.B.I. on you!"
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
1686 posts
644 upvotes
Kitchener
SouthOkanagan wrote:
May 4th, 2017 6:56 am
Do you happen to remember the payee name you used?
NBC: Visa Royal Bank
Tangerine: Royal Bank Visa
BMO: Royal Bank Visa
TD: Don't know, this was the wife's account, but I think it was Royal Bank Visa
[OP]
Dec 13, 2015
29 posts
303 upvotes
Okanagan Valley, Bri…
Ok, thanks Jeff! Much appreciated!
Winking Face
〰〰〰〰〰
Jul 28, 2012
899 posts
286 upvotes
Montreal
SouthOkanagan wrote:
May 4th, 2017 6:35 am
I do see in the list of payees there is a listing for ROYAL BANK/ROYAL TRUST VISA, but that's the only entry. Edit: There are various other entries starting with "RBC" but nothing with RBC and Visa, only that first "ROYAL BANK/ROYAL TRUST VISA" payee.
The wording for each payee may be different from one online banking system to another (sometimes, this is due to a character limit in the payee name). In addition, some banks do not update the payee names for a long time. This is probably what happened here: the payee is still listed as "Royal Bank" instead of "RBC Royal Bank" or simply "RBC" and furthermore, it still says "Royal Trust" (Royal Trust is a financial institution that was purchased by RBC in the 1990s).
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
5076 posts
497 upvotes
Scarborough
call your bank and speak to CSR and let them set it up for you.....its tht simple, really

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)