Shopping Discussion

Can someone explain how pre-orders work on amazon.ca?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2009 12:57 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 5, 2009
24 posts
2 upvotes

Can someone explain how pre-orders work on amazon.ca?

Hey guys, I've been having trouble trying to preorder the Xbox 360 Resident Evil Console Bundle on Amazon.ca. I'll add it to my cart, but then when I proceed to checkout, it resets it back to zero saying

"*** We're sorry. This item has limited purchase quantity. We have changed your purchase quantity to the maximum allowable. ***"

Which I find odd, because the maximum allowable that it states on the product page is 3.

Is it just me or, am I just not understanding how this pre-ordering thing works?
Because I pre-ordered Killzone 2 a couple weeks ago, and I didn't have any problem checking out.
2 replies
[OP]
Feb 5, 2009
24 posts
2 upvotes
Yeah that's what I figured.

I was gonna pre-order from FS or BB, but they don't offer the in-store pickup for the product... and I don't want to pay for shipping.

Then there's also the Source. They offer the in-store pickup option but their consoles don't ship until the 19th or 20th. Plus, their shipping takes way too long. I would know, since I do work at one of the stores. lol

I'm gonna try my local EB, maybe they can cut me a deal and put one on hold on me or something.