Automotive

Locked: Can someone spot the license plate for me?

• Last Updated:
  • May 5th, 2017 12:16 pm
[OP]
Oct 28, 2015
349 posts
41 upvotes
Nobleton, ON

Can someone spot the license plate for me?

This jerk has no regards to other vehicles at all, this is the closest call in my 20 years driving history. I need his license plate number...
Share:
17 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21166 posts
10604 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Lol my grandparents used to own the house across the street from where you almost got slammed

Vic park and van Horne
Last edited by nasa25 on May 4th, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
[OP]
Oct 28, 2015
349 posts
41 upvotes
Nobleton, ON
I also wonder if it's wiser to simply crash into his vehicle and got the money from his insurance pocket? 13 year old car wanted to replace it....
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21166 posts
10604 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
He was driving like a little bitch but don't ruin his Victoria Beckham mobile for no good reason.

The money would come from your insurance pocket not his insurance pocket anyway.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5419 posts
1016 upvotes
while the RR was at fault it looks like you are driving too quick for the conditions

fix your windshield
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
19199 posts
2418 upvotes
Niagara Falls
You can use this site to go frame by frame. There is no frame where you can make out the plate
http://www.watchframebyframe.com

That being said, what's the point? I doubt the cops would do anything. Dude tried to change lanes without checking his blindspot, probably didn't notice you catch up to him. Crappy driving for sure but I don't think anything would come of it.
Jan 8, 2017
168 posts
92 upvotes
xuanzh wrote: He drove rather aggressively, not very typical asian, he didn't give a damn about the fact that inches close to destroy my car, he made an aggressive right turn in which I spotted from my rear view mirror right afterwards.
Thought I was going to die in a car crash on highway from PVG. Passing with inches to spare with no signals just seems to be the way you drive in China. Lanes seem to just be a suggestion...
Dec 16, 2014
851 posts
436 upvotes
Easter Island
not a real RR, that pos has awful rear visibility. anyways, cops won't do jack if you report
nice job avoiding collision
Apr 5, 2017
364 posts
276 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
It's a mini RR, those "Evoque". They have a half dozen cameras (on the display you can see birds eye view of the car even) with lane keeping/changing assist, and numerous other driver nannies to aid the driver in preventing this but in this case all the technology in that over glorified lifted hatchback can't fix stupid. Only reason I know crap about RR Evo is it uses the same engine as my Ford (2.0L EcoBoost) and also uses very close to the same AWD system found in the Ford Focus RS. Good to know, when they get crashed I can pillage parts from them like a vulture.

Looked like RR was coming up to a guy turning left (where you can turn left or keep straight) RR guy couldn't decide course of action (stop and wait behind left turner, or change over to get around) obviously didn't take into consideration OP or anyone would be in the lane over. Lack of foresight, indecisiveness causing last minute selfish maneuver.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20486 posts
4558 upvotes
Poormond Hill
tehwegz wrote: It's a mini RR, those "Evoque". They have a half dozen cameras (on the display you can see birds eye view of the car even) with lane keeping/changing assist, and numerous other driver nannies to aid the driver in preventing this but in this case all the technology in that over glorified lifted hatchback can't fix stupid. Only reason I know crap about RR Evo is it uses the same engine as my Ford (2.0L EcoBoost) and also uses very close to the same AWD system found in the Ford Focus RS. Good to know, when they get crashed I can pillage parts from them like a vulture.

Looked like RR was coming up to a guy turning left (where you can turn left or keep straight) RR guy couldn't decide course of action (stop and wait behind left turner, or change over to get around) obviously didn't take into consideration OP or anyone would be in the lane over. Lack of foresight, indecisiveness causing last minute selfish maneuver.
Range Rover didn't want to stop for red light.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
1160 posts
531 upvotes
Kitchener. Ontario
Lol OP,

He messed up. I watched the entire video cause I thought he was gonna speed up and cut u off for something afterwards. No need to go as far as needing his license plate.
Aug 4, 2004
425 posts
194 upvotes
His blindspot monitor may not be working for that low speed as he was braking.

OP, good job for avoiding an accident.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2012
1010 posts
437 upvotes
TORONTO
Typical signal & turn first before even checking your blind spot.

Unfortunately its a bad habit that many drivers pick up. I myself included.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9068 posts
7383 upvotes
Markham
Whats a LR doing at Vic Park and Finch?
Apr 8, 2010
724 posts
376 upvotes
toronto
i almost saw the plate but the crack in the windshield blurred it