Travel

Can you book flights that "depart" from ur "destination"?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2005 8:18 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
7853 posts
333 upvotes

Can you book flights that "depart" from ur "destination"?

well, maybe it is confusing, but let's say

I live in Toronto and want to go to London. I can book a flight, round trip to there for $500. But my friend who lived in London can help me get a ticket that only cost $400. So, can I ask my friend to help me book a flight that is Toronto->London -> Toronto from London to get a cheaper fare?
October 2015 for sale, PM for details!
PS3 EA Sports Active 2 $20
195-65-15 Winter tire with alloy wheel $500
7 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4988 posts
2 upvotes
elty wrote:well, maybe it is confusing, but let's say

I live in Toronto and want to go to London. I can book a flight, round trip to there for $500. But my friend who lived in London can help me get a ticket that only cost $400. So, can I ask my friend to help me book a flight that is London -> Toronto -> London from London to get a cheaper fare?
the ticket will have to be in your name though.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
7853 posts
333 upvotes
me! wrote:the ticket will have to be in your name though.
ya, it will be in my name. Just that my friend will book it for me in London, he will pay for me and then send me the ticket, but the origin of the trip is Toronto.
Oct 26, 2003
642 posts
if your going a roundtrip from TOronto to London, whats the point of him booking the ticket, if the ticket is London - TOronto- London
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4988 posts
2 upvotes
elty wrote:ya, it will be in my name. Just that my friend will book it for me in London, he will pay for me and then send me the ticket, but the origin of the trip is Toronto.
I have heard of this being done before, but never actually had anyone confirm it really works. I would think the best thing to do is to call a travel agent or the airline co.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
7853 posts
333 upvotes
oceans_end wrote:if your going a roundtrip from TOronto to London, whats the point of him booking the ticket, if the ticket is London - TOronto- London
I made a mistake in my first post. I want a ticket that is Toronto -> London -> Toronto. Question is can I have my friend book it in the UK?
Apr 13, 2005
385 posts
45 upvotes
elty wrote:I made a mistake in my first post. I want a ticket that is Toronto -> London -> Toronto. Question is can I have my friend book it in the UK?
yeah, should be no problems with that, I've done that many times with flights to various countries. Just make sure the name on the ticket is exactly the same as that in your passport and send the ticket by trackable mail in case it gets lost.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2003
4772 posts
42 upvotes
many charters have services like this whre they aim for canadians to book round trip tix to uk..

or vice versa.. uk charters want brits to book round trip tix to toronto...

eitherway they have flights flying...u should be able to call them up yourself and book it yourself... hopefully they have a website or a toll free # u can reach them by..

heres one i came across awhile ago
http://www.canadianaffair.com/welcomeflash.htm

ur best bet is to talk to a british agent..and figure out the conversion rate on ur cc ...to see the final price u're paying for comparison
have them have the ticket available to toronto airport checkin so u dont have to wait...

if not ur friend should be able to arrange with his agent to see that the ticket is available for pickup in toronto at the airport..inquire and insist for it

hope it helps
"Illegitimi non carborundum" --Latin Proverb

If you want to do something good for your soul, and your own sense of self-worth, help someone secretly and never tell them or anyone else, ever.

Hot deal?

:evil: AVOID ByoLogyc products such as ByoMate!