Site Comments & Suggestions

Can you please extend the edit time allowance?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 13th, 2017 6:09 pm
[OP]
Apr 8, 2005
763 posts
399 upvotes

Can you please extend the edit time allowance?

If I edit my post within 2 minutes, it shouldn't be flagged as 'edited 1 time'. I understand the theory behind notifying people of edits, but I think 3 or 4 minutes after posting to catch typos etc should be acceptable.
5 replies
[OP]
Apr 8, 2005
763 posts
399 upvotes
It's not a big deal, but I find the edit line distracting from the comment and it hurts readability. Maybe if the font was smaller, or indented. But is a couple minutes too much to ask in any case?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9858 posts
4230 upvotes
Southern Ontario
If it really matters to you, just copy, delete and repost. The main thing is not having someone quote you before your final edit; or posting after you.
If you notice, if you're the last post, there is no time limit.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8489 posts
12857 upvotes
Scarborough
Currently it's an on/off setting without any timer to say when it kicks in. If this is an easy thing to do we might be able to get it added in a future update. I'll try to find out what I can.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Apr 8, 2005
763 posts
399 upvotes
TomRFD wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 10:27 am
Currently it's an on/off setting without any timer to say when it kicks in. If this is an easy thing to do we might be able to get it added in a future update. I'll try to find out what I can.
Thanks, sounds good. I can see from the comments that a lot of people like the current system, so maybe just right justify the edit line so that it moves away from the main body of the text.