Investing

Can you post an employers group rrsp market based funds options online?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2018 3:35 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1954 posts
1477 upvotes

Can you post an employers group rrsp market based funds options online?

My employer matches our RRSP contributions (upto 4% of gross income). I am restricted to Manulife however for the investment and our plan administrator handed me a pamphlet with rates of return, IMF% and asked me to allocate what portion of the contributions I want to allocate to what fund. I am quite uninformed about this and was thinking about posting a scan of the numbers (rates of return, IMF%) on RFD to try and get some feedback on how I should go about it. I'm wondering, is there any issues with posting this online (I have gathered that each company has their own funds, IMF% that may be unique to them - that got me thinking if its something companies don't want shared publicly on a forum such as this. Just thought I would ask to be safe
5 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
The link will be a url from manulife so I don't see why it would be an issue.

I opened up our Sunlife choices of funds and they are just url's from sunlife.ca or maybe the money manager.

They also have links that include pdfs when opened up.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1954 posts
1477 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: The link will be a url from manulife so I don't see why it would be an issue.

I opened up our Sunlife choices of funds and they are just url's from sunlife.ca or maybe the money manager.

They also have links that include pdfs when opened up.
Good to know. Thanks
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2017
2901 posts
4579 upvotes
My work is using Manulife for my RRSP matching plan as well. You may not have the same options. I just picked the one that was an index fund (8322 ML BR U.S. Equity Index q8).
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2014
3963 posts
4723 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Chance7652 wrote: My work is using Manulife for my RRSP matching plan as well. You may not have the same options. I just picked the one that was an index fund (8322 ML BR U.S. Equity Index q8).
Same here. We’ve got 100% matched DC plan with Manulife, so I picked 8322 for my contributions and 8321 (Manulife BlackRock International Equity Index Fund) for the company’s portion.

This list looks very similar to what we’ve got. Just look for funds with the word “index” in them :)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
9475 posts
1610 upvotes
Same, i don't see an issue. Our funds are widely available but we get a discounted MER on it (still sucks which is why i move my money once it hits a certain amount over to Investorline).
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)