Shopping Discussion

Can You Redeem Shopper's Optimum Points For Gift Cards?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2015 11:08 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 8, 2009
680 posts
18 upvotes

Can You Redeem Shopper's Optimum Points For Gift Cards?

I've noticed that Shoppers has a whole bunch of different gift cards available. I'm wondering if you can redeem your points towards gift cards? I have over 95,000 points, enough for $170 I believe.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
2703 posts
139 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm afraid you can't:

28. Shoppers Optimum Points may not be redeemed towards the purchase of the following products/services: prescription drugs, products containing codeine, gift cards and prepaid card products, wireless phone cards, stamps, Post Office stamps and merchandise, passport photos, tickets provided by Ticket Ops or any other event ticket provider, cigarettes and tobacco (where sold), lottery tickets, bus tickets and passes, delivery charges (where applicable), bill payments (where accepted), bottle deposits/returns, charitable donations, gift with purchases and any other items specified as exclusions from time to time. Shoppers Drug Mart reserves the right to add or delete products and services eligible for Shoppers Optimum Points redemption at any time, at its sole discretion, without notice.

There is an alternative (albeit somewhat dishonest) way of converting your SDM points into a gift card but I think you can figure it out.
[OP]
Apr 8, 2009
680 posts
18 upvotes
I'm not quite getting at what your trying to say lol.
Mar 20, 2015
1 posts
Calgary, AB
buy something and take it back like same day unopened for store credit i think is the point
× < >