Cell Phones

Can you stream a movie from galaxy note 2 to an ipad4...

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2012 11:58 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2010
2635 posts
161 upvotes

Can you stream a movie from galaxy note 2 to an ipad4...

...directly or via an app?

Is there such a possibility?
Owner of hunks of metal, silicon, glass, plastic with 1s and 0s and some electrons powering them.
13 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2010
2635 posts
161 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Nov 11th, 2012 2:22 am
Doubt It.

Android & iOS don't go along together.
:(

I know I can easily share stuff between the two using Dropbox/media fire (media fire files on mobile safari have option to be opened in Dropbox/compatible installed apps in my experience and I have loads of storage there for personal documents).

I wish there was a way to stream videos from the 64/128 gb sd on note 2 to the iPad. Would love that a lot.

Anyone else know a solution?
Owner of hunks of metal, silicon, glass, plastic with 1s and 0s and some electrons powering them.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 16, 2003
9980 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
desidealer49 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2012 2:23 am
:(

I know I can easily share stuff between the two using Dropbox/media fire (media fire files on mobile safari have option to be opened in Dropbox/compatible installed apps in my experience and I have loads of storage there for personal documents).

I wish there was a way to stream videos from the 64/128 gb sd on note 2 to the iPad. Would love that a lot.

Anyone else know a solution?
Looks for an app the supports dlna?
In theory with jail break you can airplay from xbmc to xbmc I think
Never mind no jail beak on the 4
Follow me on instagram to see Toronto https://instagram.com/kennyk3n/
Aug 17, 2009
541 posts
34 upvotes
I can't see the situation where you'd want to do this...
if you're streaming any quality movie, you'd be better off doing it directly or playing it directly
Deal Fanatic
Jul 16, 2003
9980 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
Earbuddy wrote:
Nov 11th, 2012 9:52 am
if you're streaming any quality movie, you'd be better off doing it directly or playing it directly
Sharing a recorded video is pretty common IMO

Just look at how airplay, miricast and dlna work it can be quite useful
Follow me on instagram to see Toronto https://instagram.com/kennyk3n/
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2010
2635 posts
161 upvotes
Earbuddy wrote:
Nov 11th, 2012 9:52 am
Consider this: I have a portable collection on a 64 GB MicroSD card that resides in the note while carrying a 16 gb iPad. Instead of connecting to my PC (wireless or otherwise) for copying a certain video, I can just play it directly from the note 2. A potable way to share media from the smaller device to larger one.

It is a pretty good thing if it is possible, iPhones can play content through AirPlay, but i would love it if the note could somehow achieve the same.
Apr 13, 2008
82 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I use media:connect app on the iPad to connect to all my dlna devices in the home network. Can stream and play from all dlna devices including PS3, WDVLiveHub.
Aug 17, 2009
541 posts
34 upvotes
desidealer49 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2012 11:21 am
Consider this: I have a portable collection on a 64 GB MicroSD card that resides in the note while carrying a 16 gb iPad. Instead of connecting to my PC (wireless or otherwise) for copying a certain video, I can just play it directly from the note 2. A potable way to share media from the smaller device to larger one.

It is a pretty good thing if it is possible, iPhones can play content through AirPlay, but i would love it if the note could somehow achieve the same.
I get a better picture of what you're doing. I don't have a note 2 yet but I'm sure the AirPlay equivalent exists for generic devices, you might just run into the issue of the iPad rejecting it or not having the app for it. For example if you managed to get DLNA with you note 2 and your DLNA tv, that's great but the iOS might not support.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
2068 posts
329 upvotes
Guelph
Apple does everything in it's power to prevent any sort of interaction with Android.
Macreo Photography
Weddings | Commercial | Events | 360° Virtuals
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2010
2635 posts
161 upvotes
Thai wrote:
Nov 12th, 2012 12:48 pm
Apple does everything in it's power to prevent any sort of interaction with Android.
Heh. But some of us are persistent lol. I do hate that it is hard to make these devices work together, i don't like locking in a single ecosystem and being a loyalist, and am a proponent of technologies being compatible all around. Sadly, that happens to be quite rare.
Earbuddy wrote:
Nov 12th, 2012 11:27 am
I get a better picture of what you're doing. I don't have a note 2 yet but I'm sure the AirPlay equivalent exists for generic devices, you might just run into the issue of the iPad rejecting it or not having the app for it. For example if you managed to get DLNA with you note 2 and your DLNA tv, that's great but the iOS might not support.
Yeah ill try some of the options suggested and report back.
Thanks. Ill try this once i grab the nexus.
auto_freak wrote:
Nov 11th, 2012 12:01 pm
I use media:connect app on the iPad to connect to all my dlna devices in the home network. Can stream and play from all dlna devices including PS3, WDVLiveHub.
Hmm, thanks for the tip, will try that.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2010
2635 posts
161 upvotes
No nexus yet :p
× < >