Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Computers] [Canada Computers]/$200/13.3 IPS FHD(1920x1080)/Fanless/N3450/4GB RAM/32GB SSD+m.2/12.9mm metal chassis/Poorman's XPS 13

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2019 11:15 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3265 posts
3672 upvotes
I see, I had it upside down...thanks!
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
3134 posts
537 upvotes
It's 250 now was looking for one earlier this month.
RFD iTrader:76|||0
HEATWARE:15|||0
EBAY:220|||0
May 13, 2010
267 posts
88 upvotes
Ottawa
Just bought it and will return if not happy or price drops. Salesperson told me they would not give me the difference and I would have to bring product back for a refund and get new computer.
Aug 23, 2014
181 posts
61 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Glancealot wrote: I really really like this laptop (this is after a couple weeks of daily use).

I want to know what kind of SSD I need to buy to upgrade the storage. I tried to put a SanDisk Z400s M.2 2280 256GB into it, I don't think it fits?
Absolute newb question about this... is installing an SSD into this laptop a simple process for someone who has never done it before? I'm assuming it's not as straightforward as screwing it in and turning it on. :-) If it's not mind-numbingly complicated, can anyone either a) outline the steps or b) point me to a good online tutorial relevant to this model? I just want it to work, I don't want to do anything crazy difficult in terms of fine-tuning.

AND... as it's a fan-less machine, does adding the SSD mean possible problems with increased temperature? Again, I am clueless about this so just curious.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
11437 posts
2453 upvotes
Is there any usb header on the mobo that you can plug in a lte modem ?
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Oct 17, 2013
243 posts
126 upvotes
The sales rep said I would have to return and re-buy to get the refund but I will try calling just to see...... I live nowhere near a Canada Computers
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3265 posts
3672 upvotes
Thanks guys, I updated OP!
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Dec 19, 2013
350 posts
307 upvotes
For ppl who doesn't want to deal directly with Canada Computers.
CC also selling this laptop for the same price at Amazon Canada.
Amazon link
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2006
1048 posts
36 upvotes
SomethingAwesome wrote: Just picked "one" (read: three tries) of these up from my local Canada Computers. Pretty great deal. My wife needed something small/light to replace a failing Asus T100TA so this was a perfect fit. Pretty sure I've still got a couple 'Apple' stickers kicking around to complete the look. lol

Third try's a charm. lol. First two units had stuck pixels near the center of the screen (great QC...). Thankfully they let me exchange them, and the second time we fired up the system to check for pixels before they rung it up.

Going to try fresh installing Windows 10 on a M.2 SATA drive tomorrow (accidentally bought a M.2 'M' drive instead of 'B'). Will report with results.
if you tried a M.2 "B+M" will that work as well or must you need a "B"
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2006
1048 posts
36 upvotes
SomethingAwesome wrote: Yes. Can't remember which ones specifically, but there were two drivers that I pulled from the stock Windows installation.
how do you pull drivers from the stock windows installation?
Sep 20, 2015
136 posts
130 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
tripleflip wrote: if you tried a M.2 "B+M" will that work as well or must you need a "B"
Just to help others about "B" vs "M" vs "B+M" - check the images below.
Images
  • M.2-keying-lsi.jpg
  • m.2-connectors.jpg
Jul 18, 2017
98 posts
37 upvotes
Montreal
How would this compare against an used surface pro 1st gen? They go for 250~ on Kijiji/eBay