Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

[Canada Computers]/$200/13.3 IPS FHD(1920x1080)/Fanless/N3450/4GB RAM/32GB SSD+m.2/12.9mm metal chassis/Poorman's XPS 13

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2020 4:45 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 3, 2004
206 posts
32 upvotes
Manjaro linux runs great on this little laptop. Everything pretty much works perfectly and super light on resources. Great distro.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1708 posts
334 upvotes
did any of you folks end up buying a bigger and more powerful charger?
Mar 17, 2019
1 posts
Hey All,

Wondering about thermals you’ve experienced on the 4100. I just purchased mine and find its running at around 50 C on average with fairly minimal usage. Anyone else willing to share their heat experience?

Chhers
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2006
1124 posts
50 upvotes
Does anyone have keyboard issues with this? after a few minutes mine starts to act up and the keyboard letters starting doing weird things like opening windows tabs and other things??? but after a restart it goes back to normal then again after a few minutes. Any one experience this?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4598 posts
1658 upvotes
Brampton
tripleflip wrote: Does anyone have keyboard issues with this? after a few minutes mine starts to act up and the keyboard letters starting doing weird things like opening windows tabs and other things??? but after a restart it goes back to normal then again after a few minutes. Any one experience this?
yup, I have an earlier post about it, the windows key seems to be triggered randomly. It's annoying but tolerable, however I have had some rebooting issues recently too.
I'm considering warranty resolution and going with a better model.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
6023 posts
3617 upvotes
Toronto
Once in a while, my notebook fails to enter sleep mode when I close the lid. Oops.
I'm running up-to-date Fedora 29 off of an SSD.
Does this happen to you (in Windows or Linux)?

(You can tell when this happens by looking at the leftmost LED above the keyboard. But that is hard to see when the lid is closed.)
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12143 posts
2764 upvotes
Guelph
Anyone still using this for their daily? Thinking of getting one for just word processing and light browsing.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting. Koodo Member
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
6023 posts
3617 upvotes
Toronto
squall458 wrote: Anyone still using this for their daily? Thinking of getting one for just word processing and light browsing.
I have two. I extended both with m.2 SATA SSDs. 32G is a bit tight.

I installed Linux on both. It was a bit tricky. I wrote up the trick somewhere above.

One I loaned to someone who doesn't use it (I had hoped that it would be useful to a covid-shut-in).

The other stopped charging the battery. It won't even worked when plugged in. I haven't yet tried to figure out what went wrong. I do know that the external power supply still works.

As a computer, I quite liked it: sufficiently powerful for many tasks, nice display, nice case, no fan. I don't game. I have other computers for when I need computing power.

There may well be better choices now.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
2205 posts
1124 upvotes
squall458 wrote: Anyone still using this for their daily? Thinking of getting one for just word processing and light browsing.
i'm still using mine daily for browsing and just watching videos. I tuned the Windows per instruction in this thread. Both the battery and laptop itself is holding up well still, no complain.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)