Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Computers] [Canada Computers]/$200/13.3 IPS FHD(1920x1080)/Fanless/N3450/4GB RAM/32GB SSD+m.2/12.9mm metal chassis/Poorman's XPS 13

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2019 11:15 am
Tags:
None
Dec 25, 2009
758 posts
166 upvotes
Has anyone posted the correct drivers?? It's a 35 page thread, and even with search there's so many posts to go through.

If anyone has uploaded them, would really appreciate it if you can share the drivers.

I tried pointing windows to C:/windows/system32/driverstore/filerepository and it couldn't find anything.

Plz help!
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1518 posts
505 upvotes
Winnipeg
wadokai wrote: Has anyone posted the correct drivers?? It's a 35 page thread, and even with search there's so many posts to go through.

If anyone has uploaded them, would really appreciate it if you can share the drivers.

I tried pointing windows to C:/windows/system32/driverstore/filerepository and it couldn't find anything.

Plz help!
You sure must be impatient. Took me 30 seconds to find the post. :facepalm:

Missing Drivers
Lorenzo
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3270 posts
3674 upvotes
I ended up selling this on Kijiji for $250, making a $35 profit. Although I did upgrade the original OS from home to pro, fine tuned the system as described in OP, I think the guy who bought it from me did alright.

I really like it, but as I have a laptop already, a $215 media streamer is not something I need at this point. It felt good to be able to use it for a month or so and then sell it for a small profit.
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3232 posts
2625 upvotes
Markham
This laptop being a media streamer is adequately powered to run the Kodi app which claims to be the ultimate entertainment centre on multiple platforms.

Kodi can be downloaded for Windows and Linux:
https://kodi.tv/download

This video addon for the Kodi app gives you plenty movies and TV series to watch for free:
https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/ho ... asy-guide/
Mar 20, 2017
32 posts
6 upvotes
Is anyone looking to sell their device? PM as I am interested.
Jun 21, 2008
503 posts
120 upvotes
mississauga
Glancealot wrote: I ended up selling this on Kijiji for $250, making a $35 profit. Although I did upgrade the original OS from home to pro, fine tuned the system as described in OP, I think the guy who bought it from me did alright.

I really like it, but as I have a laptop already, a $215 media streamer is not something I need at this point. It felt good to be able to use it for a month or so and then sell it for a small profit.
You traitor, i was looking forward to your insightful reviews and tips, jk
I'm loving mine so far
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3232 posts
2625 upvotes
Markham
Today is my last but one day to return the iSmart.
I have decided to keep this iSmart and sell off my Acer 11.3" Chromebook which I have owned for 12 months.

Both machines are used as a Linux laptop. But the iSmart with 13.3" FHD screen beats my Chromebook without question. Performance-wise, the iSmart is more powerful too.
Jun 21, 2008
503 posts
120 upvotes
mississauga
drdtyc wrote: Today is my last but one day to return the iSmart.
I have decided to keep this iSmart and sell off my Acer 11.3" Chromebook which I have owned for 12 months.

Both machines are used as a Linux laptop. But the iSmart with 13.3" FHD screen beats my Chromebook without question. Performance-wise, the iSmart is more powerful too.
good decision
Dec 25, 2009
51 posts
8 upvotes
Has anyone had any issues with fluctuating battery life? I installed a 250gb M.2 SSD and am running a clean Win10 on it. The first day I truly used it for an extended period of time unplugged the battery life was good, lasting probably 4-5 hours? The next day, again I used it unplugged and this time it went from 90% to essentially 0 in like an hour, an hour and a half tops. I recharged it for only about an hour and this time it went from 90 to 50 fairly quickly but then lasted for 2-3 hours until 0. As I type this, the battery life this time has gone from 100 to 50 in an hour and a half. I'm not running anything different (just chrome/edge essentially) so not too clear as to what's happening. Anyone else encounter this phenomenon?
Dec 3, 2004
183 posts
14 upvotes
w00pw0p wrote: Has anyone had any issues with fluctuating battery life? I installed a 250gb M.2 SSD and am running a clean Win10 on it. The first day I truly used it for an extended period of time unplugged the battery life was good, lasting probably 4-5 hours? The next day, again I used it unplugged and this time it went from 90% to essentially 0 in like an hour, an hour and a half tops. I recharged it for only about an hour and this time it went from 90 to 50 fairly quickly but then lasted for 2-3 hours until 0. As I type this, the battery life this time has gone from 100 to 50 in an hour and a half. I'm not running anything different (just chrome/edge essentially) so not too clear as to what's happening. Anyone else encounter this phenomenon?
What's your laptop power mode set to ? best battery or best performance or somewhere in the middle? Definitely should not be losing battery that fast regardless though.

I got my original ismart laptop replaced (original had a bad m2 slot). This new one is painfully slow getting the windows updates. It froze several times when it was plugged into AC power during these updates (or sometimes doing a scan). Sometimes it would be totally frozen and other times it rebooted on it's own and I saw an unexpected reboot error in the logs. I tried to do various memory and cpu tests on the machine and it did not fail and kept running. Then I realized I did those tests while it was not plugged into AC power so now trying again with the machine plugged in. I haven't installed my M2 drive yet because I want to make sure there isn't some hardware issue with this replacement ismart that would mean I would have to return it again (and the M2 drive). Still testing it. Might put in the m2 drive and setup new windows 10 then keep stress testing it to make sure it meets my needs.

Anyone else noticed freezing or bluescreen shutdowns? I haven't overclocked the cpu either (still set to defaults). Don't think that would necessarily help.

Dan
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2003
2094 posts
38 upvotes
I had a hard time doing updates myself, but I just kept trying and it eventually worked.

Your best bet would be to try to clone the drive to the M.2 and then upgrade from that drive, but I understand that you don't want to risk it...
Jan 12, 2008
15 posts
4 upvotes
Thornhill, Ontario
So I ended up returning mine.

First unit didn't charge past 52%, exchanged. Second unit got to 100%, and then after using it for a charge only charged up to 86%. Decided to run it to 0 in an attempt to recalibrate the battery after trying numerous things, and then it only charged to 57%. These were all overnight charges or over the course of several days even.

Lots of QC issues it seems, but that's to be expected for $200.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3232 posts
2625 upvotes
Markham
Clyzm wrote: So I ended up returning mine.

First unit didn't charge past 52%, exchanged. Second unit got to 100%, and then after using it for a charge only charged up to 86%. Decided to run it to 0 in an attempt to recalibrate the battery after trying numerous things, and then it only charged to 57%. These were all overnight charges or over the course of several days even.

Lots of QC issues it seems, but that's to be expected for $200.
I read some posts here saying one should not leave this laptop being charged overnight.
I have only charged it to 100% and unplugged AC cable shortly thereafter.
It lasts quite awhile even partially charged.
Thus I see no need to keep it 100% charged at every opportunity.
I also do not leave its battery depleted too much. Whenever the less than 10% warning comes up on my Linux desktop, I plug in the AC power cable at the first opportune moment.
So far so good.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3232 posts
2625 upvotes
Markham
firehawk12 wrote: I had a hard time doing updates myself, but I just kept trying and it eventually worked.

Your best bet would be to try to clone the drive to the M.2 and then upgrade from that drive, but I understand that you don't want to risk it...
Another option without the need of a m.2 drive is to create a Windows 10 USB boot up drive to freshly install Windows 10 with the lastest update. I have gone through this route. Pretty easy.