Shopping Discussion

Canada Computers Cancelled my TV Order - Looking for 46" to 50" LCD/LED TV Deals

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2012 7:13 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
11223 posts
514 upvotes
Toronto

Canada Computers Cancelled my TV Order - Looking for 46" to 50" LCD/LED TV Deals

I had placed an order @ Canada Computers for the 46D630 Samsung for $599 with free shipping. After waiting over a week, I get this email:

Dear Customer,

The Samsung 46" 630 Series 1080p LCD HDTV 120Hz 4x HDMI 2x USB (LN46D630) you ordered has been discontinued and we will not be able to get it anymore. If you like to change the order to another model/item please let us know. Please confirm that it can be removed from the order.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks

Regards,

Sales/eCommerce

T: 866.432.5678
F: 905.946.9733
Office hr: Mon to Fri 10am to 6pm

Email: onlinesupport@canadacomputers.com

WEB: www.canadacomputers.com

With that said, what are the best deals for a 46" to 50" LCD/LED TV going right now?
8 replies
Sep 22, 2010
3 posts
Toronto
Damn it, I got the same email from them.....sux big times, I was looking forward this TV. When did you place your order? I wonder if they are going to give us a deal on any other tvs with a $350 discount.

I'm also looking for a good TV, not sure what to get. Purchased Samsung LED D6000, returned it due to lighting in the corner and ghosting issues.
Do all LED come with this issues or only Samsungs do?

Please advise what to get.
Looking 46' - 50'
Budget $1200

Thanks.
Mar 9, 2006
219 posts
3 upvotes
I got the same email as well. Looking for another TV deal.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
11223 posts
514 upvotes
Toronto
OXYEHHO wrote:
Jan 5th, 2012 7:57 pm
Damn it, I got the same email from them.....sux big times, I was looking forward this TV. When did you place your order? I wonder if they are going to give us a deal on any other tvs with a $350 discount.

I'm also looking for a good TV, not sure what to get. Purchased Samsung LED D6000, returned it due to lighting in the corner and ghosting issues.
Do all LED come with this issues or only Samsungs do?

Please advise what to get.
Looking 46' - 50'
Budget $1200

Thanks.
I ordered it Dec 26 and the stock at the time was 5 units. I ordered one and the stock was reduced to 4. My take is that they cancel the orders, screw the customers and then sell the TV at $350 more.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
1140 posts
111 upvotes
hightech wrote:
Jan 5th, 2012 6:14 pm
I had placed an order @ Canada Computers for the 46D630 Samsung for $599 with free shipping. After waiting over a week, I get this email:

Dear Customer... Sorry we ****** up. Here's a big fat nothing for you.
Thanks!

Kindest Regards,

Sales/eCommerce

That's horrible :(
What a let down. Especially since you were depending on that purchase and now boxing week is over. Hope you can find a good deal.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
11223 posts
514 upvotes
Toronto
Doug wrote:
Jan 5th, 2012 9:39 pm
What a let down. Especially since you were depending on that purchase and now boxing week is over. Hope you can find a good deal.
Nice hack job on my post. I kinda like it :)

Yea it sucks and goes to show what type of retailer they are. I suspect they negotiated a deal going in and the replacement order unit price probably costs them more then before so they are gonna cancel the orders and the list them again at the higher price.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
1140 posts
111 upvotes
hightech wrote:
Jan 5th, 2012 9:43 pm
Nice hack job on my post. I kinda like it :)

Yea it sucks and goes to show what type of retailer they are. I suspect they negotiated a deal going in and the replacement order unit price probably costs them more then before so they are gonna cancel the orders and the list them again at the higher price.

Was hoping you'd get a bit of a laugh :)

Good to know about Canada computers... =\
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15036 posts
744 upvotes
hightech wrote:
Jan 5th, 2012 8:40 pm
I ordered it Dec 26 and the stock at the time was 5 units. I ordered one and the stock was reduced to 4. My take is that they cancel the orders, screw the customers and then sell the TV at $350 more.
When CC first opened in my area I was curious to see what it was like...only to find out it's a few degrees above XS Cargo but with new merch. As such I just go in there on occasion for compressed air or blank discs etc - nothing major. Just can't trust them if they're going to be doing stuff like what happened to you.
Doug wrote:
Jan 5th, 2012 9:39 pm

That's the real ball buster here - if they cancelled in on 26th or 27th etc that'd be one thing but if it's a question of ordering from CC or another store for a flyer sale it's good to know that it'd be best to go with the other guy.
Sign the petition from MP Sonia Sidhu demanding government 'dump the duties and taxes' on cross-border purchases
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/petitio ... s-2013921/
Dec 5, 2005
470 posts
155 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
Yep,
Had them cancel a TV order on me as well.Nice way to run a business taking orders then cancelling them.
I think the LEAST they could do is offer you a similiar deal on another comparable TV.
× < >