Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Computers] GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2060 WINDFORCE OC 6G REV2.0 359.99$ (140$ off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2019 10:24 am
[OP]
Jul 10, 2019
100 posts
83 upvotes

[Canada Computers] GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2060 WINDFORCE OC 6G REV2.0 359.99$ (140$ off)

thoughts on this as an upgrade from R9 390X powercolor 8gb?
only price errors are true deals - such is the philosophy of RFD.
11 replies
Nov 28, 2009
552 posts
351 upvotes
Pickering
kimwoobingsu wrote: Damn OOS
It's not out of stock... 8 as of now in Whitby didnt check other locations...
Jan 13, 2013
315 posts
239 upvotes
Saguenay, QC
I bought it for $380 in mid-January at Newegg. Dunno if it can be of any help for the hotness meter lol
[OP]
Jul 10, 2019
100 posts
83 upvotes
orditeck wrote: I bought it for $380 in mid-January at Newegg. Dunno if it can be of any help for the hotness meter lol
actually price references imo are very useful.

how do you like your card? what's the heaviest game you play?
Jan 13, 2013
315 posts
239 upvotes
Saguenay, QC
h8g7f6j9k0 wrote: actually price references imo are very useful.

how do you like your card? what's the heaviest game you play?
I don't use this gaming PC a lot... built it with a 1700x, 16gb ram and this GPU. I mostly play VR on Rift S, and by that I mean Beat Saber lol. But I did try a few games from FitGirl Repack (See-no-evil Monkey) like BF5, Assassin's Creed - Odyssey but only for a few minutes. I played GTA 5 too, I think it was like in 4k on my TCL 65" with everything on max but it's an old game so. I love this little machine, the GPU seems to be able to handle a lot. Sorry I'm not of any help Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
1085 posts
790 upvotes
TORONTO
steved54321 wrote: It's not out of stock... 8 as of now in Whitby didnt check other locations...
I think he/she meant online stock. It was in stock online for like 5 minutes and most ppl got stuck at checkout.
[OP]
Jul 10, 2019
100 posts
83 upvotes
orditeck wrote: I don't use this gaming PC a lot... built it with a 1700x, 16gb ram and this GPU. I mostly play VR on Rift S, and by that I mean Beat Saber lol. But I did try a few games from FitGirl Repack (See-no-evil Monkey) like BF5, Assassin's Creed - Odyssey but only for a few minutes. I played GTA 5 too, I think it was like in 4k on my TCL 65" with everything on max but it's an old game so. I love this little machine, the GPU seems to be able to handle a lot. Sorry I'm not of any help Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
nah actually it was quite useful info. VR games can be graphically intense so if you can do lots of beatsaber that gives me an idea.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
1494 posts
2885 upvotes
hansdoreen wrote: I think he/she meant online stock. It was in stock online for like 5 minutes and most ppl got stuck at checkout.
On a thread for a GPU at almost 2 in the morning, I feel like this thread is almost guaranteed to be entirely male lol.
But yeah I was talking about stock online.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
3821 posts
1341 upvotes
Not a bad price. An alternative option if you want more speed and Freesync is the MSI 5700 Mech OC at Memory Express for $420. It also qualifies for the free AMD game + 3 months of Game Pass.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2004
2266 posts
325 upvotes
London
Was thinking to grab one hour ago when line-up at CC. But based on the user review from Amazon and somewhere else, decide to pass it to keep my wallet safe.
No external links in signatures.
Mar 17, 2006
127 posts
83 upvotes
Saw a lot of people pickup this card at the North York location. Picked up one myself. Tested for a several hours and haven't had issues with the temperature going over 80C yet, but I play at 1080p. Tested with GTA V, Monster Hunter World, Control, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry 5, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Fan is relatively quiet compared to the my CPU fan for my aging 4790K. Sometimes the fan makes a small click noise when going from idle to load, but not something I'm worried about. Max temps I've been getting are mid-high 70C, but with V-sync on, temps are usually in between 55C to 69C.