• Last Updated:
  • Apr 15th, 2019 11:11 am
Jul 30, 2011
86 posts
45 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
ES_Revenge wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 9:35 pm
Hmm, this is an older model? Is that an Ivy i7 in there? Or is this a more recent model? Sorry I just googled for a second but it's probably easier if you just state what i7 model (number) it is. Do you have multiple drives in there or just like one HDD or SSD?

320W is a little low but keep in mind in some of these OEM systems replacing the PSU may require adapters as well, due to some of these systems having proprietary cable connectors.
Hopefully this helps, it's a i7-3770 CPU, 3.40 ghz.
Currently just have a 2tb hdd, but also looking to upgrade to ssd.
I hope I have a free and correct slot available for the graphics card, haven't opened it up yet to check.
Thanks
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1352 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
Terrible customer service. Was told via phone I have to pick up within five days, website states seven. Called CS, rang for a few minutes straight, no option to leave a message. Emailed and no response yet.

Maybe someone can be the beneficiary of my loss. Pickup at Richmond Hill potentially.

If I find a willing buyer for the two games, I'll make an effort to pick it up. PM me!
Last edited by blahraptors on Mar 22nd, 2019 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
1349 posts
264 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I PM at EDM South ME. Painless. Very nice staff
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
3764 posts
1436 upvotes
M-Arkham
I didn't have much choice when I brought my RX 570 8GB version

My old GPU is dead, and I didn't want to spend over $200(capped budget before tax) since this is still just a filler card til I do a massive overhaul 2 or 3 years down the line where I will probably go crazy and nuts on everything.

The Price of the cheapest 4GB card was only $5 less then a 8GB version, so might as well pay $5 more for the 8GB, considering that im using 3 screen with 2 of them being 1440p
2x Zoomer $36 for 4GB and unlimited Can wide txt/talk
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide Pulse
Sep 12, 2008
364 posts
153 upvotes
Picked up one today, PM me if you want buy the two games, thanks
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2006
1082 posts
67 upvotes
So I picked one up today and redeemed the games but my card seems defective Artifacting on both my systems at stock clocks.
I dont mind waiting for an exchange but i hope that wont be a problem since i redeemed the codes. (i dont want extra codes)
Jan 19, 2007
767 posts
399 upvotes
Are these actually sold out at all stores according to the online stock check or just disabled?
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
1108 posts
235 upvotes
Vancouver
^ Picked mine up yesterday. The sales guy said they were sold out when they opened their store. But I ordered mine around noon and still got it. Confused Face
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
3702 posts
436 upvotes
Scarborough
s2kdarren wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 1:25 am
So I picked one up today and redeemed the games but my card seems defective Artifacting on both my systems at stock clocks.
I dont mind waiting for an exchange but i hope that wont be a problem since i redeemed the codes. (i dont want extra codes)
Whoa, bad luck getting a lemon.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
24431 posts
4678 upvotes
rugerty100 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 10:44 pm
@ES_Revenge I'm not certain, but I've heard CC deducts the retail cost of the AMD Bonus Games upon refund. That would be disastrous in this case.
Oh yeah that could be disastrous :/ Well I mean they gotta go and see what they say I think, not like we can tell them any better.
riggs123 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 10:54 pm
Hopefully this helps, it's a i7-3770 CPU, 3.40 ghz.
Currently just have a 2tb hdd, but also looking to upgrade to ssd.
I hope I have a free and correct slot available for the graphics card, haven't opened it up yet to check.
Thanks
Yeah so an Ivy Bridge i7... It's non-K so no OCing (apart from the normal turbo on it), if it's just that and a single HDD, it's possible you could just squeak by with the same PSU but it depends also on how that "320W" is distributed--i.e. what the current capacity of each of the lines is.

Also open up the computer before you open up the GPU (so your ability to return won't be affected*) and check for the slot. If this is not an SFF machine I'm pretty sure you will be good though. While you're at it see if you can take a pic or at least mention the exact model of the PSU label that's in there.

*Note that even in some event you could not return this, I guarantee someone here would buy it off you for the price paid if you provided the receipt/codes. You'd likely get it sold within hours lol.
Brewmeanie wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 11:36 pm
I didn't have much choice when I brought my RX 570 8GB version

My old GPU is dead, and I didn't want to spend over $200(capped budget before tax) since this is still just a filler card til I do a massive overhaul 2 or 3 years down the line where I will probably go crazy and nuts on everything.

The Price of the cheapest 4GB card was only $5 less then a 8GB version, so might as well pay $5 more for the 8GB, considering that im using 3 screen with 2 of them being 1440p
Yeah I didn't mean that an 8GB should never be bought...if the case is it's basically the same price it's a "might as well" of course. 8GB is basically mandatory for 1440p too so you did well to get the 8GB there, though again this card isn't really a good idea for 1440p gaming. Hopefully one of those is FreeSync? In this case I think it's actually good you got the 8GB (though would have been better to get a better card). If it's working out for you, that's the main thing.
s2kdarren wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 1:25 am
Ouch! I better check mine (as should we all!). I think your problem is going to be waiting for a replacement card--may take a while given stores have been looted of this card at this point. Refund is useless given there's nothing else that's nearly as good a deal. Don't think there will be a problem with the codes thing because that's on the receipt and the exchange will probably incorporate the same receipt/invoice#. RMA will cost you in shipping plus take like 3-4 weeks in total. But if you are in a rush you'd just be wise to take whatever you think would be faster--waiting for CC to get more cards or shipping it off.
kronos288 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 8:58 am
Are these actually sold out at all stores according to the online stock check or just disabled?
In my experience the stock-checker at CC is quite accurate. You can try your luck but these went pretty fast. Not "everyone's at the store by the crack of dawn camping out" fast, but definitely the "I went straight after work" (I literally did lol) fast. If you see any stores with the asterisk it means they have OB ones but you will want to double check if you will still get the game codes if you buy OB.
Aug 23, 2008
63 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
I picked up my RX570 last night at the HWY 7/Unionville Canada Computer's. They appeared to have about 1 or 2 in stock still when the store was closing. But a quick check online shows they're sold out. I would definitely call before going.

Like others said, the RX570 comes in an unsealed box (kind of scared me at first as I thought I had gotten an open box/refurb) but the actual GPU is in a sealed Gigabyte bag. Mine came with the backplate attached.

Don't forget to update your drivers!

FYI, I'm selling the game codes. PM if interested! =)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
5248 posts
620 upvotes
Is this card loud by any measure of the word loud?

I find it a loaded than my gtx 660. That must have been near silent.
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
24431 posts
4678 upvotes
1xTiMeR wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 9:41 am
Is this card loud by any measure of the word loud?

I find it a loaded than my gtx 660. That must have been near silent.
Well that's subjective (the way you put it) but if it's louder to you then yeah it's louder right? :P GTX 660 has similar TDP (a little less) so it's possible you either had a superior cooler there or it was running hotter whereas this card may have a more aggressive fan profile for cooler operating temps.