Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Computers] GIGABYTE Radeon RX 570 GAMING 4GB + 2 Free Games $139

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 15th, 2019 11:11 am
Mar 22, 2019
14 posts
drtmrcht wrote:
Apr 1st, 2019 11:24 am
AMD support is useless.. and I am disappointed with Memory express. I am at a cross roads.. do I keep the graphics card for $139 or do i return it? The games would have been the icing on the cake, but I do need a new video card...

Memory express you were my go to computer parts store, but after this crap, I don't think I will buy from you again!
AMD support was useless as well. I spoke with Memory Express again and to be honest I partly understand where they're coming from, but they certainly could have done some things better (like issue the code electronically so I could have redeemed it instead of waiting for the paper receipt in the box, or better yet provided what they advertised).

What I think is silly is that AMD can issue codes, then apparently invalidate them at any time. At the time I purchased the card, the promotion said purchase before April 5 and redeem before May while quantities last.

The issued codes were valid at the time they were issued to Memory Express. There apparently was no communication from AMD that they flipped a kill switch on them. So Memory Express is issuing codes which they think are valid, but the customer is left holding the bag and to a lesser degree Memory Express is left to deal with an unsatisfied customer.

They offered to give me a refund, but I would be out shipping both ways, missed the sale, missed the promo and I also don't have my old graphics card any longer. So I'd be without a PC while getting a replacement.

I'll keep the RX570 cause I'm OK with the product, but will maybe follow up with the Competition Bureau, mostly due to AMD and what I would say is misleading advertising, partly due to Memory Express advertising a deal that had no possiblity of being redeemed.

What isn't all that clear is if other vendors are still issuing valid codes. They are certainly advertising them. If so, did AMD revoke the codes of this retailer only?

CC chargeback would likely not work as the offer to refund was made, although I feel like I was only delivered half of the order and the software is still missing.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2069 posts
2142 upvotes
Finally got my code from CC
$50 emt for anyone who wants the 2 games. I just needed the card to replace my dying 660 ti but chances are I'll still only play league
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Nov 20, 2009
261 posts
91 upvotes
Welland
I contacted Amd support regarding the game code problem. They replied a few days later acknowledging that the game code was expired and that I should send a copy of my purchase invoice, which I sent. Three days later, and I'm still waiting for Amd to respond. Meanwhile, the clock is ticking on to return the video card.
Nov 20, 2009
261 posts
91 upvotes
Welland
pwnyboy wrote:
Apr 1st, 2019 12:31 pm

What I think is silly is that AMD can issue codes, then apparently invalidate them at any time. At the time I purchased the card, the promotion said purchase before April 5 and redeem before May while quantities last.

The issued codes were valid at the time they were issued to Memory Express. There apparently was no communication from AMD that they flipped a kill switch on them. So Memory Express is issuing codes which they think are valid, but the customer is left holding the bag and to a lesser degree Memory Express is left to deal with an unsatisfied customer.

What isn't all that clear is if other vendors are still issuing valid codes. They are certainly advertising them. If so, did AMD revoke the codes of this retailer only?
That's pretty much what happened to me.

Also, if you go to the Amd site and click on memory express, you will get a message that "No offer from AMD with the code 'RaiseTheGame'". I don't know if Amd cancelled the codes for Memory Express only, as the other retailers still list the promotion as mentioned here by other members on redflag.

You can check it at this link https://www.amd.com/en/where-to-buy/raise-the-game
Mar 22, 2019
14 posts
goldx789 wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2019 2:27 pm
That's pretty much what happened to me.

Also, if you go to the Amd site and click on memory express, you will get a message that "No offer from AMD with the code 'RaiseTheGame'". I don't know if Amd cancelled the codes for Memory Express only, as the other retailers still list the promotion as mentioned here by other members on redflag.

You can check it at this link https://www.amd.com/en/where-to-buy/raise-the-game
I've replied to AMD again. They have my invoice already. If you have success with them please post here.
Mar 22, 2019
14 posts
AMD replied and said that the codes Memory Express sent were expired codes from December 2018.

Memory Express is saying AMD has run out of codes so they can't provide others. I'm starting to think Memory Express did not have issued codes from the April promotion and was sending out old expired codes from last year.
Nov 20, 2009
261 posts
91 upvotes
Welland
pwnyboy wrote:
Apr 5th, 2019 11:11 am
AMD replied and said that the codes Memory Express sent were expired codes from December 2018.

Memory Express is saying AMD has run out of codes so they can't provide others. I'm starting to think Memory Express did not have issued codes from the April promotion and was sending out old expired codes from last year.
I still haven't heard back from Amd regarding issuing a new code. They told me something similar that the code was expired. I sent a copy of my invoice but I'm still waiting after a week.

I remember you stating that you also sent a copy of your invoice. I'm surprised that's they didn't just issue a new valid code to you.
Last edited by goldx789 on Apr 9th, 2019 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 22, 2019
14 posts
goldx789 wrote:
Apr 5th, 2019 11:51 pm
I still haven't heard back from Amd regarding issuing a new code. They told me something similar that the code was expired. I sent a copy of my invoice but I'm still waiting after a week.

I remember you stating that you also sent a copy of your invoice. I surprised that's they didn't just issue a new valid code to you.
Me either. Both are telling me to contact the other to get a code. I've just sent AMD the 2 other codes and asked if they can confirm they're from the batch that expired in December. AMD said it was strange Memory Express sent me this code after looking at the invoice.

After what AMD said, I'm not sure Memory Express is being honest with me about what's occured.

Ridiculous situation. Neither company is stepping up.
The damn promotion was valid until April.

* AMD confirmed to me that the 3 codes sent by Memory Express were all from previous promotions.
Last edited by pwnyboy on Apr 7th, 2019 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 3, 2003
91 posts
34 upvotes
Has anyone whose order was placed on back order received their card?
Feb 13, 2013
46 posts
4 upvotes
Hey all, I don't know if anyone is still checking this thread but don't give up on getting your free games, at least if you bought the card at Canada computers. I just sent a message to them this morning, received the codes within half an hour and redeemed both games. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll post what I wrote to them in case that prompted them to reply. After that it's a bit of a process, I had to sign up at UPLAY then log into Steam to redeem each game and then deal with some wonky login stuff, verification etc, but it all worked smoothly in the end and now I'm psyched to have two games to test the card out on!
Feb 13, 2013
46 posts
4 upvotes
InLocked wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 12:50 pm
Still looking for the devision 2 code if anyone is selling
I'll sell you mine. It's already been redeemed but I haven't played it and if we can figure out a way to transfer it to you I'm game
Nov 20, 2009
261 posts
91 upvotes
Welland
This is just an update.

I just heard back from Amd regarding the game code problem, and this is what they said "This was given to you in error. Please communicate this to the retailer."

That message is after they fact that they acknowledge that there was a problem with the games codes being expired from Memory Express and that I should send a copy of my invoice, which I did.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
2652 posts
340 upvotes
Selling my codes for the two games (Division 2 + DMC5 or RE2) $60 OBO

PM if interested
Nov 12, 2012
10 posts
Ottawa, ON
Digital Codes: (DMC5 + RE2 or Division 2) for Cheap!
PM if interested