• Last Updated:
  • Apr 15th, 2019 11:11 am
Mar 3, 2012
79 posts
44 upvotes
Newfoundland
Guy In A Bucket wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 11:27 am
Quick update for anyone who ordered and got an email that it was 'Backordered', I just got an email that they have already shipped out my card, so seems like all is well on that front!
I just got that shipping confirmation email as well. No mention of any game codes, though. So I assume they will come in the package.
Aug 10, 2007
352 posts
87 upvotes
@TheGuard Thanks for that! I was just reading something similar over on reddit, but the person pointed out that nobody will want to compromise their account info, which makes sense. But from another post, I think I read that you can create the AMD Rewards account using their email info, which then links it to them that way. A bit confusing until you go through the process, I imagine. Another thought is that both games would need to be sold together doing it this way, so I'm wondering which two games are the most desirable pair.

So in regards to resale price of the games, what are we talking about here on average? I'm just wondering if it's worth the hassle or not, or just keep the games myself, despite not really being interested in them.
Apr 2, 2013
347 posts
239 upvotes
St. Catharines
SloCan wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 11:36 am
@TheGuard Thanks for that! I was just reading something similar over on reddit, but the person pointed out that nobody will want to compromise their account info, which makes sense. But from another post, I think I read that you can create the AMD Rewards account using their email info, which then links it to them that way. A bit confusing until you go through the process, I imagine. Another thought is that both games would need to be sold together doing it this way, so I'm wondering which two games are the most desirable pair.

So in regards to resale price of the games, what are we talking about here on average? I'm just wondering if it's worth the hassle or not, or just keep the games myself, despite not really being interested in them.
No worries, when I did it I made sure that 2-factor authentication was enabled, changed my password to something easy that I wouldn't use, and then when it was done, changed it back. Make sure to look at the profile and check their history and BST-feedback. Easy enough to ensure you're doing your due diligence.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
18629 posts
2030 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Saw this on Reddit, friend and I went down to the St. Kitts store and got one each + 1 more for another friend. I'll be keeping Division and possibly looking to see the steam code, don't know yet, don't care all that much. For me, this card is more than adequate for what I need, so pretty happy this came about.
Nov 24, 2014
268 posts
196 upvotes
Quebec, QC
HailHydra wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 11:16 am

Performance difference btwn this and the 8gb version.

TL Dr = 1-2 fps less for the 4gb, but some games 5-10 fps less.

Really game dependent tdh, but rather be safe than sorry and get the 8gb.
Very few games will take advantage of the extra 4GB as you can see in the video you posted. Only ~5 games showed improvement over 3 FPS and for those games, the 5-10 FPS gain doesn't even really matter because you're already above 60 FPS anyway. Sure, you could argue about having a 144Hz monitor, but if that's the case, you should aim for a better GPU than a RX 570.

Personally, I wouldn't pay a 50% premium for a 3% performance gain [95% of the time], or a 10% performance boost [5% of the time].
Dec 30, 2012
935 posts
415 upvotes
Burlington
I bought the FX Vega 56 for $355 (currently on back order), but the cheapskate in me wants to cancel and buy this instead...
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
1107 posts
235 upvotes
Vancouver
Replacing my 560 ti with this. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Would've opted for the 8gb version if it didn't require mail in rebates. Too lazy to deal with that stuff nowadays.
Jan 21, 2003
176 posts
10 upvotes
Looks like online is OOS. Does CC ever do restocks during sales?
...Smiloid
Feb 8, 2007
18 posts
9 upvotes
Ordered one, lets see if they come through! Thanks OP!
Feb 2, 2017
244 posts
294 upvotes
I have this, actually the MSI version, it's not bad! Paid way less, almost 1/2 but no games.

Way better then the gt 1030 in the same price range! Can even run some stuff "ok" in 2k and 4k
Feb 13, 2013
46 posts
4 upvotes
Newb question: Does this need a power connection from the PSU ? I have a relatively garbage 500w PSU that doesn't have a PCIe connector.
Dec 17, 2017
424 posts
421 upvotes
jiayejoe wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 11:52 am
Very few games will take advantage of the extra 4GB as you can see in the video you posted. Only ~5 games showed improvement over 3 FPS and for those games, the 5-10 FPS gain doesn't even really matter because you're already above 60 FPS anyway. Sure, you could argue about having a 144Hz monitor, but if that's the case, you should aim for a better GPU than a RX 570.

Personally, I wouldn't pay a 50% premium for a 3% performance gain [95% of the time], or a 10% performance boost [5% of the time].
Personally I also wouldn't pay a 50% premium for a 3-10% performance gain. But the price difference is actually between $169 vs $139, which is a 21.6% increase for double the VRAM. If we're comparing the normal price of the 570 8gb with this deal, then maybe it's 50%. But again, who buys anything at full price on these forums?

And although most games today can't utilize the 4GB of ram fully at 1080p on the highest setting, which is what the rx 570 targets, games like Forza Horizon 4 already max out 4 GB at 1080p on the highest settings, and perhaps future games would have higher res texture packs that would increase VRAM usage.

So the question for people would be, is the 21.6%, or $30 CAD, price increase worth it for the potential "future-proofing" of your investment in a graphics card?
Nocontact2 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 12:17 pm
Newb question: Does this need a power connection from the PSU ? I have a relatively garbage 500w PSU that doesn't have a PCIe connector.
99% sure yes you'd need an 8-pin PCI-E connector.
Last edited by HailHydra on Mar 22nd, 2019 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
1107 posts
235 upvotes
Vancouver
Just got a text to confirm pick up :)
Nov 11, 2006
352 posts
141 upvotes
@ home
Ordered .. after much debate with myself..

Thanks OP
Nov 26, 2014
337 posts
60 upvotes
Quebec
Just picked mine up! what a great deal. all 3 games are 79.99$ each so 2 games are worth more than the card itself...
I don't want these games, 60$ for anyone who wants the 2 games :)