Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

Lenovo Yoga Book 2-in-1 Ultrabook $404.89

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2018 9:25 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3507 posts
4189 upvotes
All companies selling "2-in-1" products with non-detachable keyboard should feel bad.
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
2817 posts
3144 upvotes
Toronto
While we're on the note about how useful these Atom x5 laptops/tablets are.
After using mine for a few weeks, I've totally axed the idea of ever gaming on it.
I've tried many games, and have not found one that I'd like and runs well on it. And on top of that, there aren't really much games made for touch control only, unlike Android's lineup of games. (and yes, I've tried booting Androidx86 and ChromiumOS on it, and neither worked well)

On the flip side.
It's fantastic for Word document editing (the asus comes installed with Office Mobile (I previously had no idea this line of office app suite existed before, basically a free basic version of the office suite, for devices under 10.1")).
It streams video fine using VLC. Even some 10bit hevc 1080 was ok.
Crunchyroll works decently on it.

It serves my purpose of a tablet/laptop that I can bring with me on vacation (very lightweight), can be used to entertain the kids (load it up with videos on usb sticks), can be used to do browsing, and can do work on it (office, bitlock, remote desktop).
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
6019 posts
3613 upvotes
Toronto
jasonchewy wrote: I actually ebayed it, and it was sold by a local company called surplusbydesign.
Then about a week or two after I bought it, I saw nmicrovip has the refurb for $300, but is now sold out.
http://www.nmicrovip.ca/transformer-boo ... furbished/

Currently, I don't have any idea where you can get this.
I was hunting/eyeing this laptop for a while until I finally pulled the trigger at the ebay bidding.
So if you do see a refurb one, the price range should be around $300 currently.
surplusbydesign is actually a Staples.ca outlet for getting rid of returned or display stuff. I've bought things from them.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
6019 posts
3613 upvotes
Toronto
I would hesitate getting an x86 device that runs Android. Intel has kind of abandoned that market. I predict that updates will be few and far between.

The raw hardware would be OK for Windows 10 if you didn't expect too much performance.

The raw hardware would be slightly better for Linux. Even though Android is a Linux distro, hardware designed for Windows (i.e. with UEFI / ACPI firmware) is likely easier to install a normal linux distro on. So I would not buy this to run Linux. It is easier to use Linux with a keyboard.

Android devices get cut off from firmware (i.e Android updates) a lot sooner than Windows devices get cut off from Windows updates. This limits the useful life of a device.

All in all, I would not spend much money for this.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13237 posts
12065 upvotes
Toronto
Interesting device, I think laptop mode would be painful though with a fully digital kb.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1197 posts
917 upvotes
Toronto
Atom processor
Isn't this a Netbook, not an Ultrabook?
Nov 22, 2017
105 posts
65 upvotes
Midav wrote: Thanks for the input.
Can you share please where you got it from?
I just recently got the same laptop (Asus Transformer Mini 128gb) on sale for $419.99. On sale at the Source but price matched it on Walmart.ca. Not as great as $300 but still cheaper than it's original price ($549)