Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

Major Appliances Clearance Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2018 12:27 pm
Aug 20, 2013
257 posts
105 upvotes

[Canada Computers] Major Appliances Clearance Sale

Was checking out their clearance event looking for a cheap camera and came across their major appliances clearance.

Seems like they are going pretty aggressive on their major appliances as it says on their banner that its 50% on their major appliances off of the listed price.

Great deal if you are looking for a replacement something. The discount can't be applied online though, so may have to go in-store to check things out.

They are also giving additional 1 year extended warranty on all their clearance TV's. check it out.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/promotio ... rance/tvs/

Happy Shopping!
18 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
Nothing from Bosch, nor Miele.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3097 posts
2399 upvotes
Seriously?????

Regular Price:$2,199.99
Sale Price:$2,199.98
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2614 posts
3356 upvotes
Fredericton
djredhat wrote: Seriously?????

Regular Price:$2,199.99
Sale Price:$2,199.98
Take the savings, invest it for your retirement, cash out a dime at 65, who's laughing then, huh? Who's laughing then.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1766 posts
2590 upvotes
I need a new slide in range. Too bad its in store only.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32083 posts
15376 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Bordak wrote: Take the savings, invest it for your retirement, cash out a dime at 65, who's laughing then, huh? Who's laughing then.
When rounded to the nearest 5 cents after tax you don't even save a penny.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
6371 posts
1730 upvotes
I happened to be at Canada computers yesterday. While I didn't walked into the appliance aisle, they appear to be mostly Samsung from afar.

Buyers beware on their home appliance.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
1659 posts
1941 upvotes
tomtomtom wrote: I happened to be at Canada computers yesterday. While I didn't walked into the appliance aisle, they appear to be mostly Samsung from afar.

Buyers beware on their home appliance.
Could you please elaborate?

I am thinking of buying some appliances this weekend.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32083 posts
15376 upvotes
Socially Distanced
values99club wrote: Could you please elaborate?

I am thinking of buying some appliances this weekend.
Samsung has a bad reputation because of design flaws they don't address, warranty denials, parts that are impossible to get, repeat repairs for the same problem, that sort of thing.
Some have no problems, some have nothing but problems.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
3157 posts
3303 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: Samsung has a bad reputation because of design flaws they don't address, warranty denials, parts that are impossible to get, repeat repairs for the same problem, that sort of thing.
This statement holds true for all appliances though.

"I am not buying <insert brand> ever again because the <insert applicance> broke down on me right after x months!"

"What are you talking about? My <insert brand> has been running with no issues for x years!"
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32083 posts
15376 upvotes
Socially Distanced
slimysnot wrote: This statement holds true for all appliances though.

"I am not buying <insert brand> ever again because the <insert applicance> broke down on me right after x months!"

"What are you talking about? My <insert brand> has been running with no issues for x years!"
It seems to be very common online and in real life for Samsung to be the brand thats most griped on, in my experience anyways. I have had no trouble getting Whirlpool or Frigidaire parts or service over the years. Heck in the old days Kenmore was a great brand, no trouble getting repairs and the appliances lasting 20 years...
That said everyone is cheapening out today but Samsung is one i have been told by several people i know to avoid, from the fridge having water leakage and freezing issues to washing machines that break and have parts you can't order and so on.
Oh and Haier can be a minefield from having to ship appliances to China for warranty purposes to frequent breakdowns and failures.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4226 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
Quentin5 wrote: Samsung has a bad reputation because of design flaws they don't address, warranty denials, parts that are impossible to get, repeat repairs for the same problem, that sort of thing.
I have to agree with the parts availablity (rather lack of actually). Had this experience with a Samsung fridge.
Aug 28, 2012
118 posts
29 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
https://blog.yaleappliance.com/are-sams ... s-reliable

I first answered this question in 2016.  However, given the number of comments on this blog, it is worth addressing.  The answer has changed over the last few years.
In this article, you will learn how Samsung compares versus their competition in their most popular products of laundry, gas ranges, dishwashers, and French door refrigerators.
And why it may not matter depending on where you live.  We will talk about Samsung problems and whether you should buy their appliances.

Samsung Reliability at a Glance

Reliability Methodology

Reliability of Samsung Front Load Washers

Reliability of Samsung Dishwashers

Reliability of Samsung Gas Ranges

Reliability of Samsung French Door Refrigerators

Samsung Appliance Problems

Measure of Reliability

In 2017, we logged 30,761 service calls. This year we should complete over 35,000.

Our formula is service calls divided by sales for a service percentage within the first year.  Then we compare brands and products as we have in various articles for a 12-month period.
As I have said in the many comments, the numbers are straight from the computer and do not distinguish between major and minor problems for every brand.
We will compare Samsung’s service rates versus the industry in their major categories: Gas ranges, laundry, dishwashers, and French door refrigerators.

Samsung Reliability Numbers January 2017-2018

Front Load washers

Front Load Washers: 12 serviced  / 154 sold  - 7.79%

The industry average is just over 11%, so Samsung is better. Maytag/Whirlpool and LG are better by only a few percentage points.
It is important to note: We do not recommend or sell hybrid washers or top load washers without agitators.
Samsung had a major recall on those units.
Read Most Reliable Washers to compare against other brands

Dishwashers

Dishwashers: 285 sold / 24 serviced - 8.42%

I was surprised at the reliability of the dishwasher as only a few have fewer repairs within the first years.
Read Most Reliable Dishwashers to compare against other brands

Gas Cooking

Gas cooking: 23 Serviced / 404 Sold - 5.69%

Once again, Samsung is among the least serviced, and we sell only the more featured ranges.
Read Most Reliable Gas Ranges to compare against other brands 

French Door Refrigeration

French Door Counter Dept Refrigerators: 72 Serviced / 449 Sold - 16.04%

Refrigerators typically have service rates of 25% or more. Ice makers are the number 1 service call at Yale because sending a frozen cube through a cool refrigerator dispenser causes leaks over time.
16.7% is not great, but still way better than the aggregate.
Read Most Reliable French Doors to compare against other brands

Should You Buy a Samsung Appliance?

From a style and price standpoint, Samsung should be a consideration.
It is hard to believe but Samsung is now the most popular appliance brand in the US in a very short period.

Their popularity is their problem.
Explosive growth means service issues in the field.  Regardless of reliability, there will be issues with millions of appliances sold.

In certain areas, there are problems finding qualified service techs to fix Samsung products. One word of caution: Many brands are not much better, even manufacturers who have been around for a lot longer.

Before you buy a Samsung or any other brand, first understand who will be fixing it.

Unfortunately, with a whole kitchen of appliances, you will need service within the first year.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32083 posts
15376 upvotes
Socially Distanced
mikey777 wrote: https://blog.yaleappliance.com/are-sams ... s-reliable

In certain areas, there are problems finding qualified service techs to fix Samsung products. One word of caution: Many brands are not much better, even manufacturers who have been around for a lot longer.
Before you buy a Samsung or any other brand, first understand who will be fixing it.
I like this line, is it a diplomatic way of saying there is a shortage of people able to service it?

The comments from your own link are not so good (and of course you could find comments of other brands that are not good as well elsewhere)
I purchased Samsung's top of the line electric glass top range with a convection two teir oven 7 months ago. The glass top has developed bubbles under the glass now and it looks ridiculous. I only used a damp rag or the recommended wipes to clean it. Samsung says it only cosmetic and refuses to honor it's warranty. Any suggestions?
My daughter and her husband purchased a Samsung washer and dryer. The dryer works fine so far but the washer is a joke. I was washing a load of laundry and stopped the wash to check to see how it works. To my surprise the water was cold and we found out that the machine didn't have hot water. A sensor is not working and all water is cold. I told my daughter to contact the seller of the washer. When I asked her about the outcome she said that they had to take the machine to them or ship it and they don't have a truck.also they weren't going to get a loaner. Also when washing if you are on large load and find a little extra to put in you can't. I made the mistake of putting Xtra in and found out that you can't reset like the old washers and instead of filling up with Xtra water it emptied the soapy water out. These wash are terrible, I would never buy one.
Whirlpool/Maytag have the lowest incidences of service then LG...Samsung is still pretty good. (sic)
Our very last purchase of a refrigerator is a Samsung french door (4 doors actually) bought 3 years. It was the worst refrigerator we ever had in our 35 years as a family. The ice-maker gets interrupted on a regular basis by it's poor design. Water leaks from inside, gets frozen & operation stops. I have to use a hair-drier every time to unclog it.
I seem to recall i mentioned design defects
Bought 3 big Samsung kitchen appliances a year ago. So far, had to change the dishwasher motor, plus the oven also broke. The inverter, the major electronic pannel broke. We are waiting for parts and repair.
Reliable??? Don't think so.
Bought a washer and dryer less than a year ago. Washer started acting up after 9 months. Finally gave out at 10 months. I've been calling customer support from the beginning. Finally said they would give me my money back. That has not happened. I called every other day because they never call back as they said they would. That was over a month ago. I just keep getting the run around. Will never buy a Samsung. They do not care.
I mentioned warranty denials
I bought an washer and dryer set 11 months ago. Since then the washer has stopped working. When I reached out to Samsung I did not receive an solution. Not to mention I have extended warranty. I have contacted samsung on many occasions and once again I have NO SOLUTIONS. MY washer is still not working.
Again warranty problems (easily within Samsung's power to address)
So disappointed that Samsung did not honor their warranty. My 11 mo old fridge is trash. Defect in manufacturing and they find any way to get out of fixing it. Service technician lied when he said he would come back with the part and then never even called back. Then Aimee in the office of the president offered me a refund and profuse apologies and then reneged Never, never buying a Samsung product again.
Design defect and no warranty service
We added a whole new kitchen in late 2014. Bought all new SS Samsung appliances. So far freezer door handle broke off lower French style freezer. You have to buy the whole door because apparently the handle is not repairable internally $280.00. The convection oven heat sensors both went out another $200.00. The dishwasher has been serviced 6 times and still doesn't work. New Control board 3 times, new heat sensor, new pump, all the things tried according to Samsung. Samsung Tech a friend of,my repairman and he said Samsung has major software issues with all of their appliances and no solution. A nice kick in the ass by Samsung, most appliances used very lightly since installed in 2014. Pretty much a waste of $5600.00. Was told by repairman to buy Kitchen Aid dishwasher to replace a washer used only 1 yr since installed!!!
I have NEVER had service anywhere that was as bad as Samsung. I will NEVER NEVER NEVER buy another Samsung product. Obviously the product I bought had issues but as far as them standing behind their product and trying to fix it, they completely didn't care. They did offer to give me a number to a repairman that I could hire (at my expense) to fix their product that was under warranty. Not another product...I don't care if it's a cellphone or refridgerator if it says Samsung on it I won't buy it. And before you tell me to "get my retailer involved" like you've told everyone else.....why should I, they didn't build this pile of @%$&!
Even if they make poor quality and have lots of design defects (or they make great quality but have a few lemons) warranty performance is entirely within their power to deliver on or to screw people over with.

This is just from your link
I get that you can find gripes of every brand but Samsung has stood out in my subjective experience as a brand to avoid. Of course many will disagree and to each their own.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
Yep, Samsung has had more recalls, fire warnings, CPU board issues, return % spikes along with virtually every problem imaginable (even Korean bug infestations in their appliances). This is not a stupid "Oh I bought X appliance and it broke" idiocy some people post, but verifiable fires and recalls, as well as the highest return rate in the business. Warranty is an absolute nightmare and they'll even try to get out of issues that were present on delivery, like cracks or leaks. You've heard about Samsung SSD warranty issues, well appliances are even worse.

If you are buying new appliances, stick with Whirlpool - they will cost more than Samsung or LG for a comparable model, but they are for the most part, extremely solid and have the lowest defect/return rate with major retailers.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32083 posts
15376 upvotes
Socially Distanced
JackWhyte wrote: Yep, Samsung has had more recalls, fire warnings, CPU board issues, return % spikes along with virtually every problem imaginable (even Korean bug infestations in their appliances). This is not a stupid "Oh I bought X appliance and it broke" idiocy some people post, but verifiable fires and recalls, as well as the highest return rate in the business. Warranty is an absolute nightmare and they'll even try to get out of issues that were present on delivery, like cracks or leaks. You've heard about Samsung SSD warranty issues, well appliances are even worse.

If you are buying new appliances, stick with Whirlpool - they will cost more than Samsung or LG for a comparable model, but they are for the most part, extremely solid and have the lowest defect/return rate with major retailers.
Yikes
I was surprised about the battery issue in one of their phones not long ago, the design problems were stuff the average 18650 flashlight junkie would know about. This is not related to their appliances but still was head shaking.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
Quentin5 wrote: I was surprised about the battery issue in one of their phones not long ago, the design problems were stuff the average 18650 flashlight junkie would know about. This is not related to their appliances but still was head shaking.
When I say recalls and fire warnings, I am referring to their appliances, not phones.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/sc ... te-7-fires

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2016/samsu ... g-machines

And their current stoves have major documented issues with the boards, whereby the temperature shown will be much higher than the actual internal temp so food doesn't cook properly (along with the usual fire/electrical dangers inherent in Samsung appliances)- I believe there is a US class action lawsuit about this and a recall/repair order is imminent:

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeown ... range.html
May 16, 2004
514 posts
107 upvotes
over their
mikey777 wrote: https://blog.yaleappliance.com/are-sams ... s-reliable

I first answered this question in 2016.  However, given the number of comments on this blog, it is worth addressing.  The answer has changed over the last few years.
In this article, you will learn how Samsung compares versus their competition in their most popular products of laundry, gas ranges, dishwashers, and French door refrigerators.
And why it may not matter depending on where you live.  We will talk about Samsung problems and whether you should buy their appliances.

Samsung Reliability at a Glance

Reliability Methodology

Reliability of Samsung Front Load Washers

Reliability of Samsung Dishwashers

Reliability of Samsung Gas Ranges

Reliability of Samsung French Door Refrigerators

Samsung Appliance Problems

Measure of Reliability

In 2017, we logged 30,761 service calls. This year we should complete over 35,000.

Our formula is service calls divided by sales for a service percentage within the first year.  Then we compare brands and products as we have in various articles for a 12-month period.
As I have said in the many comments, the numbers are straight from the computer and do not distinguish between major and minor problems for every brand.
We will compare Samsung’s service rates versus the industry in their major categories: Gas ranges, laundry, dishwashers, and French door refrigerators.

Samsung Reliability Numbers January 2017-2018

Front Load washers

Front Load Washers: 12 serviced  / 154 sold  - 7.79%

The industry average is just over 11%, so Samsung is better. Maytag/Whirlpool and LG are better by only a few percentage points.
It is important to note: We do not recommend or sell hybrid washers or top load washers without agitators.
Samsung had a major recall on those units.
Read Most Reliable Washers to compare against other brands

Dishwashers

Dishwashers: 285 sold / 24 serviced - 8.42%

I was surprised at the reliability of the dishwasher as only a few have fewer repairs within the first years.
Read Most Reliable Dishwashers to compare against other brands

Gas Cooking

Gas cooking: 23 Serviced / 404 Sold - 5.69%

Once again, Samsung is among the least serviced, and we sell only the more featured ranges.
Read Most Reliable Gas Ranges to compare against other brands 

French Door Refrigeration

French Door Counter Dept Refrigerators: 72 Serviced / 449 Sold - 16.04%

Refrigerators typically have service rates of 25% or more. Ice makers are the number 1 service call at Yale because sending a frozen cube through a cool refrigerator dispenser causes leaks over time.
16.7% is not great, but still way better than the aggregate.
Read Most Reliable French Doors to compare against other brands

Should You Buy a Samsung Appliance?

From a style and price standpoint, Samsung should be a consideration.
It is hard to believe but Samsung is now the most popular appliance brand in the US in a very short period.

Their popularity is their problem.
Explosive growth means service issues in the field.  Regardless of reliability, there will be issues with millions of appliances sold.

Unfortunately, with a whole kitchen of appliances, you will need service within the first year.
I think you need to add Samsung phones and TVs to you list!
Dec 12, 2011
552 posts
477 upvotes
NEPEAN
I don't see the 50%. Do we divide the prices that appear on the link by 2. Also when you click on a specific product, it says UP TO 50% and not 50%. Very confusing.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)