Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1165 posts
3 upvotes
mississauga, ontario

canada computers - mississauga posting wrong prices

I went to canada computers, I know its a no frills shop, looking for a new power supply for my system.

I saw a OCZ 600w power supply for 72.99 cash price. I took it to the cashier and he says its 122. I ask him that it says 73+tax, he says it probably has a mail in rebate.

I check the price sticker and in microscopic writing it does state that it has a rebate of 35 dollars.

I return that one to the shelf and pick up an antec 500W psu, which says 79.99. I return to the cashier and he says 98.30. I told him it should be about 93 bucks. He says the prices have changed for today and they didnt have time to change 500 price tags. I told I should pay the listed price. He says the only price that matters is the cashier price.

I told him that is very unprofessional for canada computers to do that.

He states " That is company policy".

I still pay the cashier price because I need a new power supply.

I think they've grown too big now and are a bit too arrogant... Last time I purchase anything from canada computers...
12 replies
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
To be honest, they really don't have time to change so many price tags.

It also works the other way around... most times than not, the price on the shelf is higher than the price on the website, and the price on the website is always honoured.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
6132 posts
1005 upvotes
Fort Saskatchewan
As long as people keep on buying stuff from them when they should walk away, companies will keep doing this.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2005
3172 posts
142 upvotes
Mississauga
I don't like giving my money to Canada Computers since they are just stuck up arrogant *******s but hey, they are cheaper than most retailers anyhow.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1165 posts
3 upvotes
mississauga, ontario
Jon Lai wrote: To be honest, they really don't have time to change so many price tags.

It also works the other way around... most times than not, the price on the shelf is higher than the price on the website, and the price on the website is always honoured.
The prices must have been changed sometime today on the website.... why shouldnt they have time to change tags?...It's going to upset alot of customers....
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
4409 posts
819 upvotes
regardless, holy fk, u paid about 100 for a ****** Antec 500W, heck u can almost get Sonata 3 with that money + 20 bucks or so.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1165 posts
3 upvotes
mississauga, ontario
mingyang wrote: regardless, holy fk, u paid about 100 for a ****** Antec 500W, heck u can almost get Sonata 3 with that money + 20 bucks or so.
Already have an antec case... what is a better quality psu , enermax? I had one for 5 years, no problems...
Aug 4, 2007
514 posts
146 upvotes
well you couldve bought the case take PSU and resell case if anything lolz.. and prices change so often that price tags are changed everyday for most products
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Maxspeed wrote: The prices must have been changed sometime today on the website.... why shouldnt they have time to change tags?...It's going to upset alot of customers....
HQ changes the website. There's probably more people working on the website than the staff of any individual store.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12141 posts
2760 upvotes
Guelph
Why did you buy it then? You should have walked out. There are tons of computer stores in Mississauga!!! Even if you needed it that day, I'm sure other PC stores would gladly do business with you.

You paid way too much for that PS. I feel sorry for you OP but you should have left.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting. Koodo Member
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2002
1501 posts
359 upvotes
I avoid the 403/Mavis location like the plague now; and on the other hand have had great service at the Brampton location. Definitely more 'customer-oriented' and willing to take the time to help you out/show you products.

Ask for Vin or Nathan - they will set you up.
Dec 3, 2008
85 posts
1 upvote
the one wrote: I avoid the 403/Mavis location like the plague now; and on the other hand have had great service at the Brampton location. Definitely more 'customer-oriented' and willing to take the time to help you out/show you products.

Ask for Vin or Nathan - they will set you up.
do you need your mother to help you walk across the street too?

google it up, l2read
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2004
2670 posts
102 upvotes
Ok, I agree 100% with the OP on this one. It's happened to me 2x that I've bought items at their store and the price is always off cause of a rebate. I sent both items in for the rebates and 1 i received after 5 months and the other was denied cause it wasn't purchased during the valid dates...oh well, but it was still a good price but that location does it more then the others i go to.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)