Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

MyGica ATV1900 PRO Quad 4K HD Android 5.1 TV Streaming Box + Air Mouse Keyboard

Nov 13, 2016
445 posts
222 upvotes

[Canada Computers] MyGica ATV1900 PRO Quad 4K HD Android 5.1 TV Streaming Box + Air Mouse Keyboard

Good price for one of the better Quad core 4K Android boxes out there. I have it and I love it!

The airmouse keyboard is nice too.

Specifications

Operating System : Android™ 5.1 Lollipop
System Processor : Quad-core 64-bit ARM® Cortex™-A53 up to 2GHz
Graphics Processor : Penta-core ARM® Mali™-450
Video Resolution : 4K(60fps),2K,1080p(60fps),1080i,720p,720i,576p,576i,486p,486i
Video Playback Codec : MPEG 1/2/4,H.265,H.264,VC-1,WMV,AVI,MKV,MOV
System Memory : 2 GB DDR3 RAM
Internal Media Storage : 16 GB eMMC embedded MultiMediaCard
Video Interface : 1 x HDMI 2.0 (HDCP 2.2)
Audio Interface : S/PDIF Optical Port
Bluetooth : Bluetooth 4.0
WiFi : 802.11ac 5.0 GHz Dual Band MIMO Antenna
Ethernet Interface : RJ45 100/1000 Megabits
USB Support : 4 x USB 2.0 Ports Max USB HDD Support is 2TB
Micro SD Card : 1 Slot Max 128GB
Supports Internal SATA HD up to 2 TB
Pre Installed Apps : Kodi™ Media Center,Chrome™ Browser,Netflix,Facebook YouTube and More
Last edited by tonedcarrot on Apr 15th, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
20 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5738 posts
1457 upvotes
I will never buy another Android box again, unless it is Android TV and is Netflix HD certified.

Acanac Internet 50/10 FTTN $36 24 months; $61 afterwards
Jan 28, 2014
690 posts
328 upvotes
mystery wrote: I will never buy another Android box again, unless it is Android TV and is Netflix HD certified.
Same here I've owned over 13 different boxes and the Nexus player and shield have been the best experience. I've owned top end MINIX boxes and always fall short compared to Android TV.

The YouTube app on Android TV alone makes the experience way better and has endless hours of content.

They really need to release the MI BOX in Canada I have heard good things about that unit.
Nov 25, 2015
185 posts
328 upvotes
Arva, ON
What makes the MyGica worth about 3x the cost of similarly-spec'd Android boxes?
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1801 posts
1266 upvotes
mystery wrote: I will never buy another Android box again, unless it is Android TV and is Netflix HD certified.
Eh. If you're not into netflix, AndroidTV, imo, provides very little. The interface is a bit easier to use with a remote, but if you're using it mostly for Kodi or Plex, its the same.
That said, if you're serious about using this kind of thing, you've already got an nvidia shield. Like androidTV, or see it as an expense, does not change the fact that the shield is the end game, and once you have it set up, you're pretty much able to do anything you want(including use as a plex server.)
6200cc wrote: What makes the MyGica worth about 3x the cost of similarly-spec'd Android boxes?
Yeah, i'm not seeing how this is a good deal at all.... Maybe if you NEED a TV box right away and dont want to deal with resellers on kijiji(and cant wait for one to come in from China)
There are S912 chipset boxes(which are probably 2x more powerful) for half this price.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2310 posts
1655 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
+1
I'm using both a 1st Gen and 2nd Gen Amazon FireTV and although not Android TV, they blow the MyGicas out of the water. Netflix HD, SPMC plus a host of other services if I want to go the VPN route. No need to fiddle with endless updates either (Amazon takes care of that)
Lucky Mobile $20/Month 3GB (unlimited at 128Kbps) further reduced by $5 / month per referral credit(s)
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2007
1732 posts
403 upvotes
Kitchener
wally_walrus wrote: +1
I'm using both a 1st Gen and 2nd Gen Amazon FireTV and although not Android TV, they blow the MyGicas out of the water. Netflix HD, SPMC plus a host of other services if I want to go the VPN route. No need to fiddle with endless updates either (Amazon takes care of that)
They basically are Android TV. While they don't have Google services built in, they still have the same native apps we all seek that the chinese ones don't which is what differentiates all the android boxes. And of course, any old android apk can still be sideloaded.

FireTV is what this house uses and will continue using. Xaomi boxes don't compare to the FireTV and Shield just isn't worth the price.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8661 upvotes
GTA
6200cc wrote: What makes the MyGica worth about 3x the cost of similarly-spec'd Android boxes?
I've owned both MyGica and the cheaper alternatives and there is a difference. MyGica products are less fussy when it comes to updates and support. If you need support with one of the lesser-known boxes, my experience was that you needed a lot of time and patience searching for it online, and those solutions usually came from someone outside the company like an electronics hobbyist. So if you're willing to search through forums and try several different unsupported firmware flashes that might brick the device, then you should pay less.
I buy the MyGica brand more out of my lack of patience and laziness. They support the product for a few years, provide updates, and it's done in English on their forums. It's not foolproof or perfect, but when you buy several boxes for parents and in-laws, my time is worth the 3x markup. With your personal experience, YMMV...
c'mon get happy!
Mar 3, 2017
33 posts
9 upvotes
The chances of actually bricking your device into an unrecoverable state through software is so small that it's not worth mentioning. that's the scare tactic everyone throws out there. same with updating computer bios'. It can happen with an actual approved update if you have terrible luck so almost every company has a way to reset it back to stock rather than deal with having to replace something broken through a legit software update. so saying " you may brick it" well you can brick just by using it as intended. It's a toy. play with it, have fun. learn from it. reset and restart if worst comes to worst.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1993 posts
364 upvotes
Winterpeg
can you upgrade android tv from 6 to 7 or get future android updates?
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2461 posts
949 upvotes
Halton
For that price you can even get an Apple TV.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
1527 posts
878 upvotes
Markham
Fire wrote: For that price you can even get an Apple TV.
Let's not go there. People buy these android TV boxes for purposes the Apple TV cannot serve.
Nov 13, 2016
445 posts
222 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: I've owned both MyGica and the cheaper alternatives and there is a difference. MyGica products are less fussy when it comes to updates and support. If you need support with one of the lesser-known boxes, my experience was that you needed a lot of time and patience searching for it online, and those solutions usually came from someone outside the company like an electronics hobbyist. So if you're willing to search through forums and try several different unsupported firmware flashes that might brick the device, then you should pay less.
I buy the MyGica brand more out of my lack of patience and laziness. They support the product for a few years, provide updates, and it's done in English on their forums. It's not foolproof or perfect, but when you buy several boxes for parents and in-laws, my time is worth the 3x markup. With your personal experience, YMMV...
Exactly the reason why i picked one up. I could care less about saving $50 to $100. Give me a quality built box, with good to great support and you have me sold!

I can't comment on the Mi box or Fire TV since I have never owned one, and probably will never do as long as this gives me want I want and it does.

Btw, this model also has a bay for you to install a 2.5" SATA hard drive so you can store all your favorite content.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
STIGUY wrote: Same here I've owned over 13 different boxes and the Nexus player and shield have been the best experience. I've owned top end MINIX boxes and always fall short compared to Android TV.

The YouTube app on Android TV alone makes the experience way better and has endless hours of content.

They really need to release the MI BOX in Canada I have heard good things about that unit.
This is the international version, includes US adapter. From Amazon, so you can return if it's not "working" right for you. Also, you'll have it in a week. And it's cheaper than the mygica...
https://www.amazon.ca/Xiaomi-Internatio ... rds=mi+box
I have the Nexus player, loved it, so I picked up the Mi box at WM in the US, and love it even more... same box and software, better specs, hardware...

I'm done buying the cheap overseas boxes as well. They work fine and I know how to use them, etc... but family that have wanted Android boxes, can't use them as easily, so I steer them towards the MiBox, at $95 Canadian (if you get it from WM), you can't go wrong.
The MyGica will probably get updates as stated but the mass of overseas Android boxes, have the "auto updater" that never works... you're stuff on 5.1, and half the time, the software/firmware on them is meant for a tablet or phone. Why, when you go into the app drawer, are there apps like Messages, Phone, etc, as a cell phone would have?
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Save another $6 and avoid the wait... PM with BB...
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/myg ... lsrc=aw.ds

Actually, just realized that there is a keyboard included... may not be able to PM, and also, with the Keyboard, although you can get them anywhere, $6 for keyboard is pretty good...
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
jackass_ca wrote: This is the international version, includes US adapter. From Amazon, so you can return if it's not "working" right for you. Also, you'll have it in a week. And it's cheaper than the mygica...
$109 shipped from NCIX
ncix-ncix-xiaomi-mi-box-3-109-00-cdn-fr ... g-2092423/
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1215 posts
661 upvotes
jackass_ca wrote: This is the international version, includes US adapter. From Amazon, so you can return if it's not "working" right for you. Also, you'll have it in a week. And it's cheaper than the mygica...
I have the Nexus player, loved it, so I picked up the Mi box at WM in the US, and love it even more... same box and software, better specs, hardware...

I'm done buying the cheap overseas boxes as well. They work fine and I know how to use them, etc... but family that have wanted Android boxes, can't use them as easily, so I steer them towards the MiBox, at $95 Canadian (if you get it from WM), you can't go wrong.
The MyGica will probably get updates as stated but the mass of overseas Android boxes, have the "auto updater" that never works... you're stuff on 5.1, and half the time, the software/firmware on them is meant for a tablet or phone. Why, when you go into the app drawer, are there apps like Messages, Phone, etc, as a cell phone would have?
I would not recommend the mi box. netflix doesnt work / glitchy.
Actually alfawise s92 is the cheapest android tv box that i know of but requires installing android tv manually ( super easy)
But its not netflix certified and probably never will be so sd only but atleast works. Youtube looks amazing on it though.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
Shows 199 now... No USB 3.0...do any android boxes have USB 3.0 and hdmi2.0 combo yet?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
bryceton wrote: I would not recommend the mi box. netflix doesnt work / glitchy.
And netflix works in 4k HDR on this mygica or any other unlicensed box ?! no ? why would this even be a point then ?! at least "some" mi box owners reported no problems whatsoever with netflix, so you have 50-50 chance vs. 0 chance going with other alternatives that are cheaper (or pricier like the mygica) yet not a single one of them carries any license whatsoever for any of the proprietary technologies they provide on their boxes, at least part of the money paid for mi box goes towards these licenses and certificates.