Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

Nvidia Shield TV 2017 $229.99 (Brand New) or $200 (Open Box)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2017 10:01 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
2704 posts
6120 upvotes
Mississauga

[Canada Computers] Nvidia Shield TV 2017 $229.99 (Brand New) or $200 (Open Box)

Canada Computers is selling the Nvidia shield TV for $229.99. It’s the lowest price I have seen for a brand new one in Canada. I have been waiting and checking for this to go on sale over the last couple of weeks. It includes the unit, remote and controller.

They are also selling 11 open box units for 10% off the $229.99 price which works out to $200 plus tax. This not the lowest price that I have seen as Amazon warehouse was selling them for around $140 back at the start of October. Unfortunately, they have never received more stock and have been sold out for weeks.
Last edited by TomRFD on Nov 19th, 2017 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retailer edit
205 replies
Jul 12, 2009
82 posts
8 upvotes
jetertmac wrote: Canada Computers is selling the Nvidia shield TV for $229.99. It’s the lowest price I have seen for a brand new one in Canada. I have been waiting and checking for this to go on sale over the last couple of weeks. It includes the unit, remote and controller.

They are also selling 11 open box units for 10% off the $229.99 price which works out to $200 plus tax. This not the lowest price that I have seen as Amazon warehouse was selling them for around $140 back at the start of October. Unfortunately, they have never received more stock and have been sold out for weeks.
Awesome - placed order online for ISPU. Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
I'm already Shielded out (own 3), but what I am excited about is CC taking over 4 of the NCIX store locations here out West.
Gonna be nice to get in on some of those deals which you folks back East have enjoyed the luxury of having for so long.
Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
Woah! wrote: I am excited about is CC taking over 4 of the NCIX store locations here out West.
I really miss Fry's from my days in Atlanta (and there's not much to miss from ATL). Calgary really needs a real tech store.
In your pants!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5751 posts
2584 upvotes
Toronto
FatWallet wrote: I really miss Fry's from my days in Atlanta (and there's not much to miss from ATL). Calgary really needs a real tech store.
Memory Express?
Sep 20, 2011
248 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
This or Xbox 1s ($230) as home entertainment?
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
rebel_rfd wrote: Memory Express?
You could fit 30 Memory Express stores -- or more -- inside a Fry's.
In your pants!
Mar 25, 2006
757 posts
162 upvotes
Hamilton
Is there anyway to buy an open box shield from there online store?
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2007
1517 posts
1206 upvotes
Amazing deal but I have no use of it... Thx op
Jan 12, 2007
376 posts
322 upvotes
London
Anyone know if there's a restocking fee if this ends up being cheaper somewhere else for Black Friday / Cyber Monday?
I looked at their "Return and Exchange" matrix, - http://www.canadacomputers.com/policies ... exceptions but I'm still unsure.

I would imagine it would fall under Gaming Console System??
Console Gaming System: No Return or Exchange. All returns and defects handled by Manufacturer

Either way, I'm still confused. Unit would not be opened. Anyone?
Dec 20, 2006
415 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
lrjm wrote: Anyone know if there's a restocking fee if this ends up being cheaper somewhere else for Black Friday / Cyber Monday?
I looked at their "Return and Exchange" matrix, - http://www.canadacomputers.com/policies ... exceptions but I'm still unsure.

I would imagine it would fall under Gaming Console System??
Console Gaming System: No Return or Exchange. All returns and defects handled by Manufacturer

Either way, I'm still confused. Unit would not be opened. Anyone?
Just don't open it and you'll get the full amount back.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2301 posts
1648 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
Anyone here concerned about the recent developments on the Kodi addons scene? What other options are there to use this box to its full potential (obviously I realize it can do Netflix, Amazon and such)?
Lucky Mobile $20/Month 3GB (unlimited at 128Kbps) further reduced by $5 / month per referral credit(s)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9435 posts
11735 upvotes
Calgary
wally_walrus wrote: Anyone here concerned about the recent developments on the Kodi addons scene? What other options are there to use this box to its full potential (obviously I realize it can do Netflix, Amazon and such)?
Yup, not the best time to go all in on an expensive Kodi player.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5751 posts
2584 upvotes
Toronto
wally_walrus wrote: Anyone here concerned about the recent developments on the Kodi addons scene? What other options are there to use this box to its full potential (obviously I realize it can do Netflix, Amazon and such)?
Set up a Plex Server.

I use the Pro as my Plex Server and keeps metadata on the internal for 36 TBs of movies/tv shows.

I can run about 3-4 1080p transcodes easily with the Shield.
Oct 5, 2005
635 posts
212 upvotes
Can you elaborate? I just picked one up this afternoon for Kodi...
yo!
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
4246 posts
1670 upvotes
Belle River
The legal cases that happened a few months back (or maybe summer? I forget) or is there more recent stuff happening?
Aug 10, 2008
455 posts
92 upvotes
Has anyone had success PMing with Visions for Canada Computers? I bought a couple weeks ago at 259 with the game pad from there.

On another note - Visions first sold me the non-game pad version but manually entered 259. For my own part of the error, after asking to ensure it was the version for 259 with the controller and being told 'yes' I did look at the box to make sure it wasn't resealed as Visions has torched me three times in the past. I was so tied up looking at the seals that I looked on the side of the box and saw a picture (not the actual photo) of the controller and thought nothing further of it.

I got home and opened it and it was the non-controller version. They did give me a controller at no cost as they stated it was their error and that their scanners don't work so they key in their prices manually when I asked why it rang up at the other price.

Got home, no seals on the controller box, they had been there but we're only barely visable so had been removed.

Avoid Visions like the plague. I had returned a defective 46" Samsung LCD there and got another lemon. Returned it again and the pricks gave me another one. I set it up and it was the first tv I had returned with my personalized inputs still entered.

The least trustworthy place I've ever shopped.
Banned
Jun 6, 2016
361 posts
257 upvotes
Scarborough, ONT
I would check out Terrarium TV.
https://terrariumtv.com/
I haven't used it on a android box, but I believe it supports android tv. I use it on my phone to cast to a chromecast and it works just as well as Kodi ever did.
Or download stuff on a desktop and setup a Plex server. Plex is Amazing.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)