Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

Sony 35mm 2.8 Lens FREE with a7R Camera Purchase

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2014 4:22 am
Jan 25, 2007
424 posts
272 upvotes
Whitby

[Canada Computers] Sony 35mm 2.8 Lens FREE with a7R Camera Purchase

Canada Computers has this bundle deal on the very well reviewed Sony a7R mirrorless full frame camera and FE 35mm 2.8 prime lens. I have the a7R and it's an amazing little camera. Sold off my D800 and Nikon lenses to get it and would never go back. Great deal IMO if you're in the market.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_ ... _id=071875

Stock is extremely limited but looks like you can still backorder.
6 replies
Banned
Oct 5, 2014
30 posts
63 upvotes
Surprised no one has replied yet. I currently shoot a D600 + Sigma 35mm f1.4 and I've been contemplating switching to the Sony A7 series just because of its size. This is such a tempting deal but I don't know whether to wait for blackfriday/boxingday or whether their next iteration will do in-body 4k recording :(
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2003
4258 posts
1028 upvotes
GTA
It looks like a killer deal for someone who wants to go FF. I'm also waiting for Black Friday or a deal on the A7S.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2009
2028 posts
545 upvotes
MTL
superotaku78 wrote: Canada Computers has this bundle deal on the very well reviewed Sony a7R mirrorless full frame camera and FE 35mm 2.8 prime lens. I have the a7R and it's an amazing little camera. Sold off my D800 and Nikon lenses to get it and would never go back. Great deal IMO if you're in the market.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_ ... _id=071875

Stock is extremely limited but looks like you can still backorder.
Great deal, but might want to point out that:
- Price should be in the subject. In total, it would be 2299$+shipping+taxes.
- The lens is not free. It's 799$ but you get a 794$ discount when it's in cart with the a7R.
- You need to add both items to your cart manually, either through the bundle options on the bottom or just adding both the cart.
- The link for the a7R should be in the first post: http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_ ... _id=071896
- The 2299$ pricing is standard for an a7R, but the FE Zeiss lens is what makes it a killer deal.

Subject should probably be something down the lines of "[Canada Computers] Sony a7R body + SEL35F28Z bundle 2299$". The FREE 35mm lens part at the beginning makes it feel misleading, since I'd love to have a free FE Zeiss lens for my a6000 but I'm not about to buy a new camera body to get it... ;-)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7628 posts
2174 upvotes
The focusing speed and accuracy is not in the same league as a full frame SLR as I read in reviews. Any comments from current users?
Apr 21, 2011
22 posts
2 upvotes
EDMONTON
Deal seems dead, when click on the bundle option Free 35mm Sonnar lens, it says,

"Bundle Search Result

Sorry, this bundle offer is currently not available, please check back later."
Aug 25, 2010
658 posts
227 upvotes
golden wrote: The focusing speed and accuracy is not in the same league as a full frame SLR as I read in reviews. Any comments from current users?
DSLRs have the advantage of phase detect auto focus. Mirrorless are generally contrast detect only. However, there are some mirrorless which have hybrid systems of both CD and PD AF. Be aware the A7 is hybrid (PD & CD), the A7r and A7s are CD AF only.

I have the A7, and it find it does AF well. I also have a fuji X-E1 - another great mirrorless system - but it is CD AF only and does tend to hunt around noticeably more in low-light, where the Sony A7 performs much better.

As for accuracy, CDAF is generally more accurate that PDAF, but typically slower. Focusing speeding will always depend on the lens and camera system. I've used some mirrorless m4/3 format CD AF cameras that where among the fastest focusing I've seen, but PD AF DSLRs are generally quicker.

I would call the A7 AF solid for most situations. There ones where it may fall a bit short (compared to a mid-high end DSLR) are low-light, and fast action shots.

I should note that most of the time I'm using manual lenses on my A7. The nice big bright viewfinder and various focusing aides make manual focus quite pleasant.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)