Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 15, 2011
37973 posts
5465 upvotes
Richmond Hill

[Canada Computers] Canada Computers - Weekend Top Deals - Jan 4th to Jan 6th

The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Sep 11, 2007
4323 posts
589 upvotes
dont not order online canadacomputer online is just pure crap. order stuff on boxing day, no updates. does not response to emails. i'm just gonna cancel my order. NEVER AGAIN Canadacomputers.

LEARN FROM NCIX... god damn it
Deal Addict
May 26, 2009
1433 posts
375 upvotes
Do not buy that iogear keyboard, please just don't waste your time with it. Trackball is garbage, wireless range is horrible, just bad. Bought and returned quickly, thought this would be good for my HTPC set up, was very wrong.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24044 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
The Silicon Power gold dragon flash drive looks nice! Just too bad it's only 8GB.

Also shows there in the banner that they have a Clearance sale this week, where is that?
Aug 27, 2007
39 posts
37 upvotes
How is the Lynksys E1550 for the price? I am looking for a router.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2009
1887 posts
1654 upvotes
Quebec
200$ for the Intel 520 when you PM with ME
May 30, 2005
871 posts
61 upvotes
How is that ups? Anyone can comment?
Sep 26, 2008
929 posts
111 upvotes
link627 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 5:42 pm
How is that ups? Anyone can comment?
I might bite. I've used bigger version for the last 3 years or so without any issues and it saved my PC several times (power spikes/outages). I might grab one or two for router/modems/switch (all 24/7) in the basement.
Just make sure 225W is enough for your use.
Dec 3, 2003
314 posts
46 upvotes
Kanata
amd111 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 6:07 pm
I might bite. I've used bigger version for the last 3 years or so without any issues and it saved my PC several times (power spikes/outages). I might grab one or two for router/modems/switch (all 24/7) in the basement.
Don't forget that specific model does NOT have the ability to hook up to control software. In other words, it can't be configured to shut down any equipment / your computer when the power fails and it is running out of juice.
Jul 10, 2006
293 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
amd111 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 6:07 pm
I just had a look in-store. The 425 seems to be less than half the weight of an APC equivalent, probably mostly due to the battery. While it can probably deliver the 425VA as advertised, it probably cannot come close to the amount of battery time compared to APC. The price is good (a bit more than half of APC equivalent) so if you just need a UPS then this is probably going to be the lowest-costing UPS for awhile.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
1723 posts
153 upvotes
Moosonee
balance wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 4:18 pm
dont not order online canadacomputer online is just pure crap. order stuff on boxing day, no updates. does not response to emails. i'm just gonna cancel my order. NEVER AGAIN Canadacomputers.

LEARN FROM NCIX... god damn it
Canada Computers offer FREE delivery to ANY store location for pick up. ANd you don't even HAVE TO pay online. They send it over assuming you will buy IN-STORE. Excellent service if you find the right deals and want to completely avoid paying now while getting it delivered to closer location.

I picked up that PSU for testing and the USB key for school.

Great deals.
'WILL I GET 60 FPS' (?) GTAV Rig >>> z77 Asrock, i7 2600K @ 4.1GHZ, 16GB Dominator @ 1800mhz, 1000W PSU, 2x GTX 680 overclocked, 4 SSD: 1x120GB, 1x 240G, 2x500GB RAID0, Antec 300 Two
Sep 26, 2008
929 posts
111 upvotes
Rory wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 6:22 pm
Don't forget that specific model does NOT have the ability to hook up to control software. In other words, it can't be configured to shut down any equipment / your computer when the power fails and it is running out of juice.
good point... for my router/cable modem/switch should be good enough...
pocket1 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 6:31 pm
I just had a look in-store. The 425 seems to be less than half the weight of an APC equivalent, probably mostly due to the battery. While it can probably deliver the 425VA as advertised, it probably cannot come close to the amount of battery time compared to APC. The price is good (a bit more than half of APC equivalent) so if you just need a UPS then this is probably going to be the lowest-costing UPS for awhile.
I will do more reading about the unit tonight....
× < >