• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2017 1:56 am
Tags:
Nov 18, 2015
479 posts
272 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought CG owns Nobis as well?
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
15493 posts
1631 upvotes
Toronto
catoun wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 2:16 pm
Following the amendment of the long form prospectus :

- price between $10.50 and $12 (revised from the $14-$16 range)
-
The price was not revised down, the $10.50 - $12 is in USD for the NYSE listing, where as $14-$16 is the TSX listing in CAD
Selling Grizzly Privy Maple Leafs - $33 ea - PM!
Feb 1, 2015
557 posts
107 upvotes
MB
deal_with_singh wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 4:51 pm
The price was not revised down, the $10.50 - $12 is in USD for the NYSE listing, where as $14-$16 is the TSX listing in CAD
Updated! Thanks.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10310 posts
1327 upvotes
City of Vancouver
http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2017/03/16/cana ... -and-nyse/

"Canada Goose, maker of the eponymous jackets, went public today on stock markets in Toronto, where the company is based, and on the New York Stock Exchange. The company’s two flagship stores are also in these cities...

...The $900 (Cdn) parkas with the fur-lined hoods, is starting with an initial public offering of 20 million shares.

Canada Goose anticipates the shares will be priced between $14 to $16, according to securities filings earlier this month.

The company says that of the 20 million subordinate voting shares offered, 12.85 million shares will come from existing shareholders.

The existing shareholders will hold 79 to 81 per cent of the company after the sale, depending on whether underwriters exercise an over-allotment option.

The company will trade under the symbol GOOS...

...New York private equity firm Bain Capital, co-founded by former U.S. presidential candidate Mitt Romney, purchased a majority stake in Canada Goose in December 2013.

PETA protesters were demonstrating the IPO outside the TSX this morning. They object to the comany’s use of coyote fur around the hoods of the jackets. The company claims the coyote fur is one of the few to protect facial skin in extremely low temperatures.

Meanwhile the stock price was trading above $20."
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Temp. Banned
Dec 4, 2011
351 posts
56 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I doubt they will make it. They have nothing special to offer. I got a Polo down jacket for $69. Canada Goose are rated only for -5. My Windriver is rated for -45. Plus with the ugly logo they will be a target of animal rights activists.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
3313 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
WebDesign wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 1:02 pm
I doubt they will make it. They have nothing special to offer. I got a Polo down jacket for $69. Canada Goose are rated only for -5. My Windriver is rated for -45. Plus with the ugly logo they will be a target of animal rights activists.
your kidding right? gone out much lately?
Aug 14, 2010
312 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
WebDesign wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 1:02 pm
You doubt they will make it? I think they have already "made it". You know they've been around for 60 years right?

I have no interest in owning their stock though.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
3029 posts
770 upvotes
CG won't die, but I can see the hype eventually die down -- and since they cater to the high end (well supposed high end) if a recession hits, this company will tumble bad... it definitely is a stock you dont keep in bad times.
Temp. Banned
Dec 4, 2011
351 posts
56 upvotes
VANCOUVER
What is their competitive advantage? Sears sells down jackets for $99.
May 18, 2015
981 posts
204 upvotes
Ottawa,Ont
WebDesign wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 3:44 am
What is their competitive advantage? Sears sells down jackets for $99.
their brand is their competitive advantage

Note: I will not be buying stock
Temp. Banned
Dec 4, 2011
351 posts
56 upvotes
VANCOUVER
What brand? Whats is special about it? Sears is better known.
Feb 1, 2015
557 posts
107 upvotes
MB
WebDesign wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 12:12 pm
What brand? Whats is special about it? Sears is better known.
Is there still people shopping at their retail stores? Hasn't Sears been losing money for years? Declining comparable store sales, stores closed, properties sold, cash burnt by the management and no apparent return on investment...
On the other hand, I have quite often seen flash sales from Sears on the deal section of RFD.

CG is associated with the luxury and fashion retail industry. I was in Japan and South Korea last January. Temperatures were approx. +5 degrees Celsius in the cities and to my grand surprise, Many asians wore a CG jacket; most of them aged 20+. I don't see the need to spend $800+ on a down jacket with these temperatures and yet, people buy it.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel