• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2017 10:25 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2012
1192 posts
25 upvotes
Mississauga
stock is currently trading at $22.68. Do you guys think it could be a good buy right now? Since they are expanding/growing. Seems like they could easily hit $30 this year? agree?
Temp. Banned
Dec 4, 2011
351 posts
56 upvotes
VANCOUVER
saadt1988 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 3:14 pm
stock is currently trading at $22.68. Do you guys think it could be a good buy right now? Since they are expanding/growing. Seems like they could easily hit $30 this year? agree?
No they are a terrible investment.
Temp. Banned
Dec 4, 2011
351 posts
56 upvotes
VANCOUVER
catoun wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 1:55 pm
Is there still people shopping at their retail stores? Hasn't Sears been losing money for years? Declining comparable store sales, stores closed, properties sold, cash burnt by the management and no apparent return on investment...
On the other hand, I have quite often seen flash sales from Sears on the deal section of RFD.

CG is associated with the luxury and fashion retail industry. I was in Japan and South Korea last January. Temperatures were approx. +5 degrees Celsius in the cities and to my grand surprise, Many asians wore a CG jacket; most of them aged 20+. I don't see the need to spend $800+ on a down jacket with these temperatures and yet, people buy it.
CG is associated with countless counterfeits. Just check craigslist or Google it.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
6365 posts
593 upvotes
WebDesign wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 12:12 pm
What brand? Whats is special about it? Sears is better known.
In China? CG isnt where its at because of the Canadian buyers.
95% of the sales in the Vancouver stores are to tourist groups.

Either way, I wouldnt buy their stock. No one needs $1000 jackets to survive, and in hard economic times, this will tank.

Also not sure about current stock prices, every article out there says they're over inflated, just as a general thing.

Companies like Snapchat worth billions? Thats another dot com in the making in my books, but I'm more cautious than others when it comes to investing.
Nov 18, 2015
525 posts
302 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Shot up 9% today... I feel like this is one of my best high risks buy so far...
(Personally, I think it's overvalued but since it's doing quite well, I think I'll hold on a bit longer...)