Canada Goose equivalent winter coat

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2014 2:32 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3160 posts
1856 upvotes
Kingston
bombdiggity wrote: It's self-righteous because the people criticizing others for doing these things are themselves doing the same thing but don't even realize it/realize it but don't point fingers at themselves. It's this hypocrisy that's the problem with activists.

A large proportion of educated people understand why context matters. Just because you label something "trivial" doesn't means it's unnecessary. I'm quite intrigued why some people simply ignore these facts. It suggests a peculiar type or disorder, willful ignorance, or lack of intelligence.
Your reply just supports my theory. I'm sure your deflections would be worthy of a masters thesis in psychology studying a small population of the current generation. Enjoy your willful ignorance of unnecessary suffering.
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2359 upvotes
JC69 wrote: Your reply just supports my theory. I'm sure your deflections would be worthy of a masters thesis in psychology studying a small population of the current generation. Enjoy your willful ignorance of unnecessary suffering.
Just like the troll in this thread who also started the other thread, you have nothing to refute what I've said. Your reply just supports my theory. I'm sure your deflections help you feel better about yourself while you're eating that meat that encourages Coyotes to be killed while hypocritically pointing fingers at people wearing their fur on jackets as byproducts of your dinner. Enjoy your willful ignorance that you are causing unnecessary suffering to Coyotes while living with the misplaced idea that you are any better than those you criticize.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3160 posts
1856 upvotes
Kingston
Lol, I'm glad I can supply you with the words to use for your own poorly formed responses.
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2359 upvotes
JC69 wrote: Lol, I'm glad I can supply you with the words to use for your own poorly formed responses.
My poorly formed responses? You don't even have an answer about your meat eating hypocrisy. You're lucky I'm avoiding the other thread or I'd leave you at a loss for words there too.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3160 posts
1856 upvotes
Kingston
bombdiggity wrote: My poorly formed responses? You don't even have an answer about your meat eating hypocrisy. You're lucky I'm avoiding the other thread or I'd leave you at a loss for words there too.
Lol. I know what I eat has been humanely killed and that all parts of the animal have been used. I'm glad you can deflect away from the fact that you don't care at all about humane vs non- humane killing though and you're correct, that attitude does leave me speechless, but not for any reason other than speculation about neuron counts and upbringing. There's some very interesting studies showing correlations between animal cruelty and certain criminal tendencies, have you read them? They don't have any big pictures in though I'm afraid.
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2359 upvotes
JC69 wrote: Lol. I know what I eat has been humanely killed and that all parts of the animal have been used. I'm glad you can deflect away from the fact that you don't care at all about humane vs non- humane killing though and you're correct, that attitude does leave me speechless, but not for any reason other than speculation about neuron counts and upbringing. There's some very interesting studies showing correlations between animal cruelty and certain criminal tendencies, have you read them? They don't have any big pictures in though I'm afraid.
The fact that you seem to still not understand the point I've clearly made is not surprising given the fact that you are bringing up wearing fur as the same thing as torturing and killing animals to satisfy a sadistic urge. That's the problem with activists. Leaps of logic and misinterpretation of everything.

I'll keep this as simple as I possibly can for you:

1. Coyotes are trapped and hunted to prevent them from preying on the livestock that you eat. When populations are high, encouragement to kill them in the form of monetary rewards are even given to trappers/hunters by their respective government bodies.

2. You eat meat, therefore your practice of eating meat is directly responsible for these Coyotes being killed by trappers/hunters. How your meat was killed is irrelevant since you're criticizing people for wearing Coyote ruffs which are taken from Coyotes killed to control their populations anyways. If you didn't eat meat, you wouldn't be contributing to this, other people would be but not you.

3. You think that if you contribute to Coyotes being killed but don't wear the fur taken from their dead bodies, that you are any different than those that do? Ha. What a joke.

Speaking of big pictures, you don't seem to see the big picture here. You're a hypocrite I'm afraid.
Feb 26, 2009
759 posts
131 upvotes
What are the most common Winter parkas worn by people living in Yukon and NWT? I suppose they know more about keeping warm than Toronto dwellers.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Bellyhungry wrote: What are the most common Winter parkas worn by people living in Yukon and NWT? I suppose they know more about keeping warm than Toronto dwellers.
Uhhh... a ton of them do wear CG, sorry to disappoint. :razz: TEI 5 models. Other brands in Alaska include Woolrich Arctic Parka, feathered friends brand including Volant Parka, Ice Fall Parka. Rab Neutrino Parka, Mountain Hardware Absolute Zero Parka. Once you get to extreme arctic cold you see 800-850 fill jackets/parkas in the following styles (with layering of course...).

[IMG]http://muted.muted.netdna-cdn.com/wp-co ... lant-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://muted.muted.netdna-cdn.com/wp-co ... arka-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://muted.muted.netdna-cdn.com/wp-co ... ance-1.jpg[/IMG]

Woolrich Arctic parka - designed originally and became popular with Alaskan oil fields workers.

[IMG]http://muted.muted.netdna-cdn.com/wp-co ... arka-1.jpg[/IMG]

Of course most inuit peoples still wear the traditional eskimo garb...

CG parkas in Canadian arctic.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)