Fashion & Apparel

Canada Goose Faux Advertising. Can You Spot the Difference?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2017 3:25 am
[OP]
Oct 2, 2017
14 posts
1 upvote

Canada Goose Faux Advertising. Can You Spot the Difference?

I ordered a Maitland Parka in Blue Brush Camo directly from the Canada Goose website. I was left disappointed when it arrive and I didn’t understand why. I thought to myself is Canada Goose marketing that good that a picture can convince me to fall in love with a jacket and then upon arrival it is this unexciting thing that left me gasping. The look, the cutting and the size seems fine to me but something is not right about the product that’s giving me an awkward vibe. I went on to browse for parkas from other sites and then it dawn on me why I was not 100% feeling complete with my purchase. The color pattern is not the same as the one in the picture I have ordered. They are similar in concept but not he same.

As you can see in the attached photos, the ones I received and the ones at influenceu.com are of the same pattern marks, zoomed out, darker blues and larger paint brush strokes. The color patterns on their website is totally different. It’s more zoomed in, lighter shades of blues and more smaller complex brush strokes

I’ve talked to their customer service, emailed them and even private message them on Facebook and their tone seems like it is not an issue at all. Obviously I'm not happy with the product I receive but I don't want a refund either. All I'm asking is for them is to replace my jacket with the same pattern as the ones on their website. I just want the proper jacket that inspired me to ordered it in the first place. Why is this such a hard request? I've also advise them to fix their product catalog because it comes off as misleading advertising. It's been 5 days and no response.
Images
  • 4154M_655.jpg
  • 4550M_655.jpg
  • 4550M_BLUE_CAMO_1.jpg
  • 4550M_BLUE_CAMO_2.jpg
  • 4550M_BLUE_CAMO_3.jpg
  • 4550M_BLUE_CAMO_4.jpg
  • 7968M_BLUE_CAMO_1.jpg
  • 7968M_BLUE_CAMO_2.jpg
  • 9512M_655.jpg
30 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
13956 posts
2416 upvotes
Toronto
Save your money and return it. The jacket is ugly.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18625 posts
3968 upvotes
Toronto
They cannot make another one as they are starting to make 2018 clothing line Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes. This jacket was probably made 6 months ago.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4691 posts
640 upvotes
Definitely different print. The original one has layered, smaller hatchmarks.

Maybe their supplier ran out of the original print.
[OP]
Oct 2, 2017
14 posts
1 upvote
Thank you for your input but I'm not here to get an approval from someone to assure me whether I made a good purchase. I've created this thread to discuss how CG is misleading their customer with faux advertising. I notice this forum have the most active CG discussion so I'd thought I'd get some people's input on how to deal with them.
carmaster wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 5:34 pm
Save your money and return it. The jacket is ugly.
[OP]
Oct 2, 2017
14 posts
1 upvote
From what I gathered these Blue Brush Camo are already sold out at most retailers and probably the entire season. Which is why I'd prefer to get CG off their feet to fix their mistakes so I wouldn't be out of a jacket this season.
booblehead wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 5:59 pm
They cannot make another one as they are starting to make 2018 clothing line Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes. This jacket was probably made 6 months ago.
[OP]
Oct 2, 2017
14 posts
1 upvote
Apparently it's not just their Blue Brush Camo that is a problem but it's their Grey Brush Camo as well. The ones at Nordstrom are darker and have larger brush strokes and the ones advertised on their website is the smaller and lighter brush prints.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/canada-goos ... ka/4024667

I should also mention one of their customer service rep almost suggested that their retailers are selling fake. He told me it's safer to purchase directly from CG website because the retailer might... and then he stop right there and revised his wordings to the retailers pictures might not be accurate. Then the guy who spoke with me on Facebook suggested I got a fake jacket and wanted to see an up close picture of the badges, tags and whatever else for them to authenticate. Sigh.
peanutz wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 6:57 pm
Definitely different print. The original one has layered, smaller hatchmarks.

Maybe their supplier ran out of the original print.
Images
  • _101676516.jpg
  • 3804M_654.jpg
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4691 posts
640 upvotes
Tylerntd wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 7:57 pm
Apparently it's not just their Blue Brush Camo that is a problem but it's their Grey Brush Camo as well. The ones at Nordstrom are darker and have larger brush strokes and the ones advertised on their website is the smaller and lighter brush prints.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/canada-goos ... ka/4024667

I should also mention one of their customer service rep almost suggested that their retailers are selling fake. He told me it's safer to purchase directly from CG website because the retailer might... and then he stop right there and revised his wordings to the retailers pictures might not be accurate. Then the guy who spoke with me on Facebook suggested I got a fake jacket and wanted to see an up close picture of the badges, tags and whatever else for them to authenticate. Sigh.
I have definitely heard of scams where people purchase authentic items and return the fakes.

Not sure if Canada Goose suppliers actually did change the print style, but the larger brushstroke print is fugly and shouldn't even be classified as true camo print. It's just a poor-quality print of random brush strokes smeared around.

If one Googles "camouflage print", any generic camo should look like an abstraction of leafy layers.
[OP]
Oct 2, 2017
14 posts
1 upvote
I agree the larger print one looks cheap. It's not the intended product I have bought. So far I'm getting a run around throughout their departments. The customer service level is horrible. The rept on Facebook tells me he'll help me deal with it but in the end tells me to call the 1-800 number. I have already done that and the guy on the phone told me to send an email which I have done 5 days ago with no reply back yet.

I further searched Google and I found this example of the women's Savona from their website and the ones they shipped to their retailer, Bloomingdale that looks like two totally different jackets. You can see for yourself that it's not just the customer that's being lied to but it's their retail partners as well.
Bloomingdale.com
Influenceu.com

peanutz wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 10:34 pm
I have definitely heard of scams where people purchase authentic items and return the fakes.

Not sure if Canada Goose suppliers actually did change the print style, but the larger brushstroke print is fugly and shouldn't even be classified as true camo print. It's just a poor-quality print of random brush strokes smeared around.

If one Googles "camouflage print", any generic camo should look like an abstraction of leafy layers.
Images
  • 7900L_655.jpg
  • 9519050_fpx.jpg
  • 4154M_655.jpg
  • 4154M_BLUE_CAMO_1.jpg
Last edited by Tylerntd on Oct 4th, 2017 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4691 posts
640 upvotes
Well I don't own any Canada Goose. It seems that the most popular are the solid colors + logo. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

But yeah, this is strange and it's an interesting observation you've picked up on.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23338 posts
1083 upvotes
Markham, ON
i can explain to you why they don't care...because the success of the company has nothing to do with styling lol.

whether you like it or not...someone else will buy it (or they will just dump the non popular ones to costco and sell it at cost to recoup the money).

btw...if everytime i get a big mac and explain to the manager that it looks nothing like the picture....he too would ignore me. Yes pretty much all advertising is like this. The pictures could likely be "samples"...these are made for adverts, runways and website pictures....the final mass production is what you are getting and it's different. Alot of the samples...go to a "sample" sale.

Can you return it?
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10912 posts
1485 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Tylerntd wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 1:19 am
...I further searched Google and I found this example of the women's Savona from their website and the ones they shipped to their retailer, Bloomingdale that looks like two totally different jackets. You can see for yourself that it's not just the customer that's being lied to but it's their retail partners as well.
Bloomingdale.com
Influenceu.com
www.influenceu.com is not an authorized online retailer of Canada Goose:
https://www.canadagoose.com/us/en/count ... rfeit.html
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
2187 posts
1168 upvotes
Tylerntd wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 12:31 pm
I ordered a Maitland Parka in Blue Brush Camo directly from the Canada Goose website. I was left disappointed when it arrive and I didn’t understand why. I thought to myself is Canada Goose marketing that good that a picture can convince me to fall in love with a jacket and then upon arrival it is this unexciting thing that left me gasping. The look, the cutting and the size seems fine to me but something is not right about the product that’s giving me an awkward vibe. I went on to browse for parkas from other sites and then it dawn on me why I was not 100% feeling complete with my purchase. The color pattern is not the same as the one in the picture I have ordered. They are similar in concept but not he same.

As you can see in the attached photos, the ones I received and the ones at influenceu.com are of the same pattern marks, zoomed out, darker blues and larger paint brush strokes. The color patterns on their website is totally different. It’s more zoomed in, lighter shades of blues and more smaller complex brush strokes

I’ve talked to their customer service, emailed them and even private message them on Facebook and their tone seems like it is not an issue at all. Obviously I'm not happy with the product I receive but I don't want a refund either. All I'm asking is for them is to replace my jacket with the same pattern as the ones on their website. I just want the proper jacket that inspired me to ordered it in the first place. Why is this such a hard request? I've also advise them to fix their product catalog because it comes off as misleading advertising. It's been 5 days and no response.
Looks like a counterfeit.... can you get a full refund or are they completely ignoring you now?
[OP]
Oct 2, 2017
14 posts
1 upvote
Then how come the customer service guy on the phone told me that they are an authorized retailer. I just read their info page and it seems they are based in Montreal and have a flagship store in the downtown area.
Becks wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 12:47 pm
www.influenceu.com is not an authorized online retailer of Canada Goose:
https://www.canadagoose.com/us/en/count ... rfeit.html
[OP]
Oct 2, 2017
14 posts
1 upvote
My jacket is bought directly from the official Canada Goose website. You're telling me they are selling fake? LOL.
superfresh89 wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 1:04 pm
Looks like a counterfeit.... can you get a full refund or are they completely ignoring you now?