Fashion & Apparel

Canada Goose Faux Advertising. Can You Spot the Difference?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2017 3:25 am
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
2190 posts
1168 upvotes
Tylerntd wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 1:07 pm
My jacket is bought directly from the official Canada Goose website. You're telling me they are selling fake? LOL.
Oh.. sorry, I thought you said you bought it from influenceu.com.

By "looks fake", I don't actually mean by looking at the picture... I should have said "sounds like you got a counterfeit" based on the assumption you got it from an unauthorized retailer and the fact that the print was way different.
Oct 6, 2015
994 posts
223 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Can you upload pictures of the jacket you received?
Tylerntd wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 7:57 pm

I should also mention one of their customer service rep almost suggested that their retailers are selling fake. He told me it's safer to purchase directly from CG website because the retailer might... and then he stop right there and revised his wordings to the retailers pictures might not be accurate. Then the guy who spoke with me on Facebook suggested I got a fake jacket and wanted to see an up close picture of the badges, tags and whatever else for them to authenticate. Sigh.
[OP]
Oct 2, 2017
14 posts
1 upvote
It seems like the people at CG have no confidence in the product they sell or are overly paranoid. Seriously what is wrong with this company. NE I notice you do authentic checks here. Any feedback would be appreciated.
NixxonExxo wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 1:18 pm
Can you upload pictures of the jacket you received?
Images
  • IMG113228.jpg
  • IMG113457.jpg
  • IMG113703.jpg
  • IMG113755.jpg
  • IMG113814.jpg
  • IMG113908.jpg
  • IMG113938.jpg
  • IMG114039.jpg
Oct 6, 2015
994 posts
223 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Definitely authentic. The brush camos came out this year and it even has the launch of their new hologram.

I think you have a valid argument that they are not the same. The patterns on the jacket you have are somewhat the same as the retailers which I assume is their own photos instead of using stock. The jackets on the Canada Goose website are either samples or photoshopped gone wrong in their marketing department. Either way Canada Goose should rectify this as it does come of as misleading.
Tylerntd wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 2:28 pm
It seems like the people at CG have no confidence in the product they sell or are overly paranoid. Seriously what is wrong with this company. NE I notice you do authentic checks here. Any feedback would be appreciated.
[OP]
Oct 2, 2017
14 posts
1 upvote
No problem. The point I'm trying to get across about the retailers is that they are receiving a different product just like me. Some retailers are taking photos of their own which there shouldn't be any legal issue against them but some retailers are using stock photos which could be problematic.

I've attached another authorize retailer http://www.fwrd.com/product-macmillian- ... &itview=01 vs. Canada Goose version of the MacMillan. Strange how nobody over at the Canada Goose office admits there is a problem here.
superfresh89 wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 1:09 pm
Oh.. sorry, I thought you said you bought it from influenceu.com.

By "looks fake", I don't actually mean by looking at the picture... I should have said "sounds like you got a counterfeit" based on the assumption you got it from an unauthorized retailer and the fact that the print was way different.
Images
  • 3804M_654.jpg
  • CGOO-MO48_V2.jpg
Aug 16, 2017
46 posts
7 upvotes
last month i went to canada goose at yorkdale shopping mall in Toronto and tried on the blue camou you bought, it's definitely different from what you have, I almost bought it and I liked the smaller brush leaf patterns, the large brush ones looks fugly i never would've tried it... What's the situation now with the customer service rep? I hope you get a refund or get a replacement soon...
[OP]
Oct 2, 2017
14 posts
1 upvote
Well the 1800 hotline suggest I send an email to which I never got a response. Then I went on to Facebook and vent a bit. I spoke with 3 people privately. All seems like nice people but first two were unhelpful. The 3rd rep acknowledge that there is a pattern difference and have kept me updated. I should be expecting a call from a Canada Goose rep shortly. I will keep you all in suspense until I speak with them again.

Honestly, I'm a busy person just like everyone else. I work hard to pay for the things I like. The amount of time I've spent on pointing out their mistake alone is pretty sad.
I deserve a big compensated after this. LOL.
reayen wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 1:36 pm
last month i went to canada goose at yorkdale shopping mall in Toronto and tried on the blue camou you bought, it's definitely different from what you have, I almost bought it and I liked the smaller brush leaf patterns, the large brush ones looks fugly i never would've tried it... What's the situation now with the customer service rep? I hope you get a refund or get a replacement soon...
Dec 2, 2008
255 posts
27 upvotes
GTA
I'm a Canada Goose fan - I have the blue PBI bomber and I was considering purchasing a grey bomber this year... but Canada Goose's way of handling this is making me reconsider.

I'm writing this because I'm sure Canada Goose will eventually read this, and hopefully someone with a little common sense from their company will understand the need to fix this error.

All the best and good luck!
:cheesygri
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10912 posts
1485 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Tylerntd wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 1:05 pm
Then how come the customer service guy on the phone told me that [influence.com] are an authorized retailer. I just read [influenceu.com's] info page and it seems they are based in Montreal and have a flagship store in the downtown area.
If Canada Goose's website did not update their list of authorized dealers, that is not my problem.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Sep 9, 2016
156 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
If you are anywhere close to the yorkdale store, you can always go and exchange for on you like.

They also sell them at harry rosen, sportinglife and holt renfrew but you would have to return and rebuy.
[OP]
Oct 2, 2017
14 posts
1 upvote
I agree to that. They need to get their info updated more often because it could lead to a no sale for their retailers.
Becks wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 2:36 pm
If Canada Goose's website did not update their list of authorized dealers, that is not my problem.
[OP]
Oct 2, 2017
14 posts
1 upvote
I don't live around Yorkdale and I don't plan on going there anytime in the future. I have checked Harry Rosen and Sporting life stock and their jackets are like mind, nothing like what Canada Goose advertise on their website.

Harry Rosen uses a combination of CG stock photos and their own. The jackets in their ads don't correlate with stock photos either.
Mythical09 wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 2:50 pm
If you are anywhere close to the yorkdale store, you can always go and exchange for on you like.

They also sell them at harry rosen, sportinglife and holt renfrew but you would have to return and rebuy.
Images
  • Screenshot_9 - Copy.jpg
  • hockey.jpg
  • hockey-5.jpg
[OP]
Oct 2, 2017
14 posts
1 upvote
I hope so too. I have spent about $7000 on Canada Goose products in the past 4 years. This is the first time I have dealt with their CS department and it's been bumpy. Here is a little sample of what I've been dealing with. I hope I don't sound mean here.

Hi Sarah,

I'm not happy with the attitude of Sheema, the rep who gave me the call back. She was rude and she couldn't connect with how frustrated I felt about the matter. She raised her voice and interrupts my sentences. I asked her if I could speak with a manager but she says there's no manager around until next week. Her straight answer is you either return or exchange it for the same one you receive. She left me with a cold bitter answer which rattles me. She also gave her opinion saying that it’s just a lighting effect. Your company needs to do more then just give customers a shrug when they are right. If you were dining at a restaurant and half way through your meal, you found a bundle of hair in your food and the waiter tells you no one else had hair in their food. What would be your reaction? I think as a customer I deserve better and more then just a return, here’s your money back and don't come back. She needs to show a little empathy and respect.

What ever happen to the golden rule of the customer is always right. As a customer, I’m pointing out the flaws of your product and I have gotten nothing but a runaround through different departments. No one is taking accountability. I have worked in a few customer service positions in the past. While I still sympathize with your work I have never seen a large organization poorly handled a customer complaint. The most basic fundamental thing I learned in my CS years is to listen to your customer and relate to their concerns. Not to be confused with you’re wrong and there’s nothing I can do for you attitude....

Cadillax wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 11:45 am
I'm a Canada Goose fan - I have the blue PBI bomber and I was considering purchasing a grey bomber this year... but Canada Goose's way of handling this is making me reconsider.

I'm writing this because I'm sure Canada Goose will eventually read this, and hopefully someone with a little common sense from their company will understand the need to fix this error.

All the best and good luck!
Nov 24, 2013
193 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
Tylerntd wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 2:28 pm
Man that looks **** fugly
Jan 12, 2008
180 posts
46 upvotes
Holy smokes. That expectation vs real life is hilariously mind blowing. I agree it, it is pretty darn ugly.

They better give you a refund and some extra stuff after giving you the run around.