[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2003
1653 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto

Canada Goose Repair

Hi Everyone,

So my GF purchased her Canada Goose (Shelburne) from Sporting Life back in November 2014. This morning she scrapped it again the door by accident and resulted in a small (<1 inch approach) cut on the right arm of the jacket (not at the seams, but right in the middle piece of the fabric (you can see the materials inside too).

Just wanted to explore opportunities on what I can do to get this repaired?
1) Canada Goose Warranty likely won't cover this?
2) How much will CG charge to fix?
3) What are my other alternatives to get this fix?

Thanks!
MechanicalMan64
15 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12121 posts
1808 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
I hear CG warranty is a big PITA to enforce. There was a female font here who went thru hoops to get her Kensington parka loose snap buttons on the back flap redone. Even then it came out as crap workmanship and she waited like 9-10 weeks. You're better off just bringing the coat to a seamstress and have that small inch sewn up. Sure, it will leave a visible mark depending how experienced the seamstress is. Under 5 min waiting time versus 10 weeks with CG and they will prolly do the same if covered. Otherwise they have to take apart the entire arm and refit with new outer shell which I highly doubt they will do. Many small repairs are done by CG outsourcers and not CG themselves. Hence, the workmanship may turn out questionable.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2003
1653 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote:
Feb 19th, 2015 11:37 am
I hear CG warranty is a big PITA to enforce. There was a female font here who went thru hoops to get her Kensington parka loose snap buttons on the back flap redone. Even then it came out as crap workmanship and she waited like 9-10 weeks. You're better off just bringing the coat to a seamstress and have that small inch sewn up. Sure, it will leave a visible mark depending how experienced the seamstress is. Under 5 min waiting time versus 10 weeks with CG and they will prolly do the same if covered. Otherwise they have to take apart the entire arm and refit with new outer shell which I highly doubt they will do. Many small repairs are done by CG outsourcers and not CG themselves. Hence, the workmanship may turn out questionable.
Do you have any recommendations in the GTA? I've never had a jacket done before. I go to an asian place at Metro Square (Warden and Steeles) to get my shirts and pants altered but never had jackets done before.
MechanicalMan64
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9316 posts
1885 upvotes
Somewhere
holy. if your door can do that to a cg, i'd look into removing the knives and surgical blades that are clearly stuck on the door.
:confused:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2003
1653 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
iEyeCaptain wrote:
Feb 19th, 2015 12:45 pm
holy. if your door can do that to a cg, i'd look into removing the knives and surgical blades that are clearly stuck on the door.
Interesting it was the storm door. A loose sheet metal.
MechanicalMan64
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12121 posts
1808 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Haha, new job posting at CG -- warranty repair seamstress - for realz.

WARRANTY REPAIR SEWING OPERATOR (TORONTO, ONTARIO)

JOB ID: 2015TOR-058

At Canada Goose, we are committed to producing the best extreme weather outerwear in the world.

We have been manufacturing innovative, high quality outerwear in Canada for over 50 years. From South Pole research facilities and the Canadian High Arctic to the streets of New York City, Stockholm, Paris, Toronto and Tokyo, people wear our products because of our reputation for quality, functionality and style.

Ask Anyone Who Knows.

POSITION OVERVIEW:
The Warranty Repair Sewing Operator will complete a variety of warranty repairs in a timely manner.

HERE’S WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR…
We are looking for someone who has great attention to detail, good sewing skills and must be able to operate several different types of sewing machines. You must also have a good understanding of quality standards and a good command of English.

IF YOU ARE SUPER INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION AND QUALIFIED, PLEASE VISIT THE CAREERS PAGE ON OUR WEBSITE (WWW.CANADA-GOOSE.COM).
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining our Goose team (we totally understand why you’d want to), but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.

APPLY FOR THIS JOB Careers@canada-goose.com
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12121 posts
1808 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
MechanicalMan64 wrote:
Feb 19th, 2015 12:02 pm
Do you have any recommendations in the GTA? I've never had a jacket done before. I go to an asian place at Metro Square (Warden and Steeles) to get my shirts and pants altered but never had jackets done before.
Inneresting... I just did a google search and this lady Nina, a dress maker does alterations and repairs to CG. Your gf has to set up an appt. Repair will take 1-2 days and it can be complicated. The entire arm outer shell has to be taken apart and they fix it from the inside. They use an internal patch and either glue it or stitch it depends on material. It will look invisible. Said you're lucky it's a straight cut. Makes it easier. Cost will be $50-60 bux. She does tons of CG alterations for the ladies.

Perfect Fit For You - ask for Nina. Sounds like an older east european lady.
172 Sherwood Ave #102 Toronto, ON M4P 2A8, tel (647) 519-6542

http://www.perfectfitforyou.com/goose-d ... oronto.php
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
8597 posts
1014 upvotes
I think I am going to be the business to repair CGs. Must be a big market to repair if CG life time warranty is so crap. Can OP take picture and Facebook this?

I am sure CG will repair it asap.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4298 upvotes
Is it leaking down?

Or is there another layer on the inside of the outer cloth that holds it in place?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2003
1653 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
spike1128 wrote:
Feb 19th, 2015 2:13 pm
I think I am going to be the business to repair CGs. Must be a big market to repair if CG life time warranty is so crap. Can OP take picture and Facebook this?

I am sure CG will repair it asap.
What do you mean CG will repair it ASAP? I thought these kinda stuffs aren't covered under warranty anyways...
MechanicalMan64
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12597 posts
1960 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Fix the door, or else that rip could be in ur arm in the future.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
1782 posts
37 upvotes
Mississauga
MechanicalMan64 wrote:
Feb 19th, 2015 3:39 pm
What do you mean CG will repair it ASAP? I thought these kinda stuffs aren't covered under warranty anyways...
Yeah, I don't know what that guy is talking about.

Stuff like this is most certainly not covered under warranty. That's like saying you want a warranty repair cuz you got in a car accident. Not gonna happen.

What Canada Goose may do, is they may repair it as a goodwill gesture/for good pr. Not sure how much they car about this stuff though, so definitely ymmv.
Mar 5, 2006
165 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I had a snap button replaced/fixed on my jacket (3 yr old) by CG last year. No receipt needed. I had to wait several weeks but I waited until spring to fix it. I didn't think it was too much of a hassle.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2014
1155 posts
97 upvotes
Had to resurrect an old thread, but anybody tried to send their CG jacket for repairs? Be it to Nina or some other authorized repair shops (is there any to begin with?).

Apparently I managed to get a tear in my winter jacket after it got stuck in a door (similar to OP) and I doubt that will be covered under the warranty.