• Sep 13th, 2017 8:13 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25108 posts
5561 upvotes
GTHA

Canada Goose Sweaters $650

Canada Goose says it will be launching a line of sweaters – and the Toronto-based company will sell them for a cool $650.

17 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1432 posts
463 upvotes
Ottawa
Speechless
"Doing my part to encourage civil discourse by not downvoting."
Jun 14, 2017
152 posts
133 upvotes
Who do they think they are? - Moncler? LOL
Dec 4, 2004
483 posts
202 upvotes
GTA
So... $50 for the sweater, $600 for the Canada Goose patch? I'll take 5!
Sep 30, 2001
26263 posts
5362 upvotes
outrageous price, but it fits the brand. good for shareholders if it does well.
Don't talk about it, be about it
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10854 posts
1473 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Send a free sweater to Drake and other rappers. Bloggers hype it. Success.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14726 posts
3786 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
they should throw a few rips in it and up the price to $3k, Ye style
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2012
9823 posts
862 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
_dc_ wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 10:20 am
So... $50 for the sweater, $600 for the Canada Goose patch? I'll take 5!
Nahhhh.... I will sell the patches for $500, give each customer the free sweater for the purchase and still make $449.50 profit cuz we all know them patches dont cost more than 50 cents each to make.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2009
1224 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
I'm waiting on the Canada Goose X offwhite collab.
Dec 12, 2016
145 posts
112 upvotes
Greater Canada
Hopefully this will cause the collapse of the Toronto housing market. If Torontonians buy these overpriced sweaters it will show the world that we are the most irrational group of people in the world and it will lead to mass disinvestment and could possibly cause a depression in Canada as a whole.
Advocate For The Removal Of Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) From Canada's Water Supply
Penalty Box
Dec 2, 2007
794 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
the brand is junk. I have MEC goose down 700 series that was sold for $400. Canada goose use 500 down + chicken feathers in all of its jackets.
Feather Friends sells high quality 800 down series brand which is vastly superior to Canada goose.

People are mislead by hype and fancy marketing by the company.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2012
9823 posts
862 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
picard12 wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 3:40 pm
the brand is junk. I have MEC goose down 700 series that was sold for $400. Canada goose use 500 down + chicken feathers in all of its jackets.
Feather Friends sells high quality 800 down series brand which is vastly superior to Canada goose.

People are mislead by hype and fancy marketing by the company.
+1000. Agreed. There are several technical brands better than CG. I've been one of few in the entire forum vouching that for a few yrs already. I recall someone posting a "rare" camouflage CG that went for $800 or so... complete and utter rip-off. I went to my buddy and said there must be some jacket that is camo, gortex, tough exterior, water proof breathable, hood, layering outershell that doesnt cost an arm and leg. He said know what... check military grade outerwear. They are exactly that. So I was talking to my american cousin about this in passing. He said he has a buddy just recently out of the US Marine Corp. He has an E-Wax (ECWCS) first gen, forest camo - Extreme Cold Weather Clothing System, Gore-tex lined and everything I was asking for. He doesnt even use it as he served in the middle east and Afghanistan. He has the updated desert camo version. Just happens to be my size. His friend sent me pics and I purchased it on the spot. He asked for $60 usd to cover shipping. Total cost. Received it, 9.9 condition, only worn few times. This is the real deal from military contractor "Tennessee". Looks really nice, very cool. Double ykk zippers, etc. Very warm without layering. Has high reviews from military guys, hunters, and outdoorsmen. Just goes to show there are many alternatives to CG that dont cost a mortgage payment.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING