Canada Goose vs Nobis (for men

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2016 8:25 pm
May 22, 2014
58 posts
2 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON

Canada Goose vs Nobis (for men

Hi Im trying to buy a winter jacket for upcomming winter and Im thinking between Canada Goose and Nobis.. I asked some of my friend and their opinion was 50/50
Im trying to find a longer winter jacket which cover my hip.
I think Nobis is more expensive than Canada Goose, but some shops have discounted Nobis while there are no discounts for Canada Goose

It is so tough to decide.. so what is your recommendation? Thinking about design price and warmth
17 replies
Nov 23, 2008
382 posts
172 upvotes
Toronto
Discounts can be had for both, it's just that the CG one's don't come around as often. Most other brands tend to have heavy markdowns at the end of season and/or boxing day / week.

I've have/had the bombers from each brand. (Chiliwack for CG and Cartel for Nobis), and while I like the aesthetic of the Cartel more, I think the warmth of the CG was better. (Aesthetics and warmth are probably inversely-related though)

Have you looked into specific models from each brand? You want hip coverage but I've only had bombers, so I can't really comment on that.

Have you looked into any other brands at all? It's might be dated, but this thread is very useful: outerwear-jacket-reviews-cg-cmfr-mk-nobis-etc-1129381/
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7863 posts
2841 upvotes
Richmond Hill
go for a Moose Knuckle. Plenty to choose from at HR2.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
morrow23 wrote:
Im trying to find a longer winter jacket which cover my hip.
Sounds like ur looking for a parka. Tons of brands and models that fit that spec not just CG and nobis. You havent told us your price range, activities, environment, specs required, etc the coat will be used in...
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13286 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Just by my CG. It's for sale.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Apr 1, 2013
523 posts
119 upvotes
Ontario
CG is almost like uniform on university campus. There was a queue to get into CG store in Yorkdale mall. I don't understand why CG can attract so many followers. I find brands like Arc'teryx and Moncler are less bulky and more stylish.
Last edited by chekacr9 on Oct 24th, 2016 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
chekacr9 wrote: CG is almost like uniform on university campus. There was a queue to get into CG store in Yorkdale mall. I don't understand why CG can attract so many followers. I find brands like Arc'teryx and Moncler are more less bulky and more stylish.
Same can be said for iPhones, compared to Samsung, LG, Sony, etc.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
chekacr9 wrote: CG is almost like uniform on university campus. There was a queue to get into CG store in Yorkdale mall. I don't understand why CG can attract so many followers. I find brands like Arc'teryx and Moncler are less bulky and more stylish.
The only reason that is... is becuz they only allow a few in the store at a time. Security guard in a black suit acts as the gatekeeper. Store kinda sucks. Doesnt seem to be a whole lot of inventory. Cant believe peeps wait an hr to get in when they have the same access to same models at sporting life, no line ups. There's a new arcteryx store right across from CG. Not bad... very well stocked.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2006
1525 posts
606 upvotes
Toronto
They're pretty much the same thing....both trendy, both gonna keep you warm. Design and price are a bit different....those are gonna be up to you.

Nobis you'll look less like a sheep amongst the millions of CG jackets on Toronto streets.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Becks wrote: CG is made in Canada.
Nobis is made in China.
Considering CG quality has been declining lately whilst jacking up the price for no other reason than to screw the new gens.. I see no difference.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I'm happy that I still have my expedition from like 2005. Quality on that jacket is impeccable. Ruff is a bit nappy but that's about it.

New CGs, no thanks. Much better options out there.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2975 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
Not that i can speak on CG quality since I have never owned one, but im guessing the quality has gone down due to the popularity. Ramping up productions to keep up with the demand.....
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
csdesign wrote: why did CG quality go down?
Profit
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Jan 14, 2016
31 posts
Waterloo, ON
Jimboski wrote: In my honest opinion, Nobis has nicer parkas than CG.
Agree on the cut and style for Nobis much sharper and fitting than CG. Also much more functional with more warm pockets, pit vents. Warmth all depends on how person takes it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)