None
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
2973 posts
205 upvotes
Vancouver
subagear wrote:
Dec 8th, 2009 8:57 pm
I spotted 4 people wearing Parajumpers and 5 with CG at Yorkdale mall (all Chilliwacks). :)
How many do you think were fakes?
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2005
1686 posts
2 upvotes
megalison wrote:
Dec 8th, 2009 10:55 pm
Same idea with Abercrombie and its subsidiaries... and TVs, cars, game systems need i go on?
You forgot Iphone/Ipod's, Blackberry's, Converse Chucks,etc.

Honestly, does it really matter if the jacket is a popular choice amongst people? As long as you like how the jacket looks and fits on you and you feel its justified to pay its asking price, that's all that really matters...to me at least, not that other people may have the same jacket as me.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2005
2273 posts
14 upvotes
congeetime wrote:
Dec 8th, 2009 8:28 pm
I don't think there are any stores in Vaughn that carry Canada Goose. Come to Richmond hill, Markham and Toronto malls. You'll see what I mean. I'm not saying the jackets are ugly cause i wanted one and still kind of do but the jacket is literally every where now. Its kind of like the new jansport bag.
:rolleyes: big deal...

What kind of car do you drive? Do you get furious when the same car is on the road?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
34334 posts
1477 upvotes
Toronto
Embolus wrote:
Dec 8th, 2009 11:23 pm
You forgot Iphone/Ipod's, Blackberry's, Converse Chucks,etc.

Honestly, does it really matter if the jacket is a popular choice amongst people? As long as you like how the jacket looks and fits on you and you feel its justified to pay its asking price, that's all that really matters...to me at least, not that other people may have the same jacket as me.
well... None the less the CG does serve a good purpose. It is ridiculously warm!
I survived many winter days just wearing a tshirt under my CG jacket. As long as i had a tooque and gloves on i was good to go.
    [url=http://tinyurl.com/lbqqav3][size=100][B]
  • Urbanpoet's lottery pool is BACK![/B][/size][/url]
  • 2 Corinthians 5:7 "We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight."
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1270 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
Do not buy the parajumper!!! It is a waste of money for a sub par product (Wal-Mart quality if not worse):

-they're made in china
-the fur trim comes from mermanski (sp?) which is a type of racoon-dog that's usually bred for just their fur
-again the quality is just horrid, the little gimicky parachute latch on the collar WILL break in you, the quality of the stitching is really bad so seams tend to come undone/rip, buttons fall off
-it doesn't give you a downfill rating because the amount of down used is negligible it would be embarassing to tell you how much down is actually in those jackets

I've worked around Canada goose and parajumpers, i have yet to encounter a CG with a defect (sold hundreds of these) yet PJS have a defected jacket for every half-dozen (heck even the $1800 Gobi has crappy worksmanship and has threads coming undone while it's sitting on the sales floor

I know the chilliwack has become extremely popular now but I think it's stupid to hate on the product just because everyone else has one, I think it's a good thing that people are supporting a CANADIAN company whose produts are MADE IN CANADA (Toronto to be exact, intersection of castlefield and caledonia, I drive past it on a regular basis so that's how I know LOL) and they're products have been a damn good bang for your buck (even though there was a $100+ price hike on ther jackets). Hopefully Canada Goose doesn't change and begin outsourcing their production and dropping in quality (like Mackage)

sorry for the long post
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5137 posts
49 upvotes
superock wrote:
Dec 9th, 2009 1:33 am
Do not buy the parajumper!!! It is a waste of money for a sub par product (Wal-Mart quality if not worse):

-they're made in china
-the fur trim comes from mermanski (sp?) which is a type of racoon-dog that's usually bred for just their fur
-again the quality is just horrid, the little gimicky parachute latch on the collar WILL break in you, the quality of the stitching is really bad so seams tend to come undone/rip, buttons fall off
-it doesn't give you a downfill rating because the amount of down used is negligible it would be embarassing to tell you how much down is actually in those jackets

I've worked around Canada goose and parajumpers, i have yet to encounter a CG with a defect (sold hundreds of these) yet PJS have a defected jacket for every half-dozen (heck even the $1800 Gobi has crappy worksmanship and has threads coming undone while it's sitting on the sales floor

I know the chilliwack has become extremely popular now but I think it's stupid to hate on the product just because everyone else has one, I think it's a good thing that people are supporting a CANADIAN company whose produts are MADE IN CANADA (Toronto to be exact, intersection of castlefield and caledonia, I drive past it on a regular basis so that's how I know LOL) and they're products have been a damn good bang for your buck (even though there was a $100+ price hike on ther jackets). Hopefully Canada Goose doesn't change and begin outsourcing their production and dropping in quality (like Mackage)

sorry for the long post
Yeah,
it seems as soon as a company gets "popular" quality lowers and price goes up.
I could also say that for Coach, Rudsak used to be all made in Montreal and like Makage and now their products are made in China.
I was at the rudsak shop a few months ago and lots of sales...but most bags has made in China on t he tags....kinda disapointing.

Also, a lot of designers seemto be moving their operations or manufacturing to cheaper Asian countries.
My mothers good friend is a very well known Canadian designer for women's winter jackets that are sold at the Bay, along with her new line of shoes.
And apparently she moved the manufacturing of mostof her products to China and asian countries for higher production and lower costs.
And these are not cheap jackets either, they start at $400+
Anyways, I forget the designer's name right now but it is a lady that lives in Montreal and is in tons of magazines...

Forgot to add I saw at least 6 Canada Goose jackets today.
A lot of high school age kids here it seems,so they probabl had fake jackets around here most likely...
[OP]
Oct 6, 2005
310 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
I still have not seen a single person with parajumpers. But from the previous posters review on parajumpers, I am having second thoughts. =/ I haven't heard of arcteryx goretex before, but from reading descriptions, sounds like a decent option. Would the arcteryx goretex really provide equivalent warmth to Canada Goose? It's hard to believe based on the looks (thinness) of the arcteryx goretex. Any help or other suggestions greatly appreciated. My sole concern is warmth here. Thanks.
Apr 19, 2005
366 posts
yellowfellow wrote:
Dec 9th, 2009 2:27 am
I still have not seen a single person with parajumpers. But from the previous posters review on parajumpers, I am having second thoughts. =/ I haven't heard of arcteryx goretex before, but from reading descriptions, sounds like a decent option. Would the arcteryx goretex really provide equivalent warmth to Canada Goose? It's hard to believe based on the looks (thinness) of the arcteryx goretex. Any help or other suggestions greatly appreciated. My sole concern is warmth here. Thanks.
goretex shell jacket will not keep you warm, just protect from wind and rain. a fleece jacket layered underneath will help but nothing is better than down for warmth.
[OP]
Oct 6, 2005
310 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
hmm.. ok thanks for the clarification. Previous post stated just as warm so wanted to clarify.
[OP]
Oct 6, 2005
310 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
has anyone heard or had experience with Kanuk. Site states it can handle weather up to -30. Is this comparable/better than Canada goose?
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2006
1757 posts
25 upvotes
I haven't even tried on either jacket so I'm basing my opinion on just the price..

In university I'm always outside, walking to class, the gym, pretty much everywhere I go. Even then, it is unlikely that I'm going to spend that much money on a jacket. A hoody + any other jacket is just as good for me, plus it's more functional (take off jacket in library, wear hoodie, etc.).

These jackets don't even look that good!! Why is this a trend?!
Mar 5, 2006
310 posts
47 upvotes
My bf's friend has both the CG (a longer one, not the chilliwack) and a PJ. He says the CG is definitely warmer.

I have the CG chilliwack (2009 version), and I am very satisfied with it. One of my favourite things about it is the hood is filled with down! I've never had a jacket like that before, and it keeps my head so warm. I think PJ only uses fur to line their hood, not down, so based on that I would say the CG will keep you warmer. Also, the CG isn't weighed down with a bunch of metal buckles and fur lining, so it's lighter too.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
2973 posts
205 upvotes
Vancouver
You guys are so 2009. The new style is ParaGoose. You rock your Parajumpers over your Canada Goose.
Dec 31, 1969
Great reviews on both jackets!!!

I wanna get the CG Chiliwack.... where can I get the best deal??

I checked out LaBaron and they said that they have the lowest price compared to Holts Renfrew and Sporting life....I don't know if that's true. I don't wanna buy it online, I want to be able to walk in and out.
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
5028 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
Mis C wrote:
Dec 10th, 2009 9:24 am
Great reviews on both jackets!!!

I wanna get the CG Chiliwack.... where can I get the best deal??

I checked out LaBaron and they said that they have the lowest price compared to Holts Renfrew and Sporting life....I don't know if that's true. I don't wanna buy it online, I want to be able to walk in and out.
They are prob the cheapest because of the membership card. You can prob get it cheaper elsewhere but that would mean waiting for them to go on sale.
× < >