None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
8683 posts
562 upvotes
Toronto

Canada Goose Warranty

Has anyone ever sent a jacket for Canada Goose for repair?
WARRANTY: What is Canada Goose’s warranty policy?

All Canada Goose products are fully warranted against defects in material and workmanship. If a product ever fails due to a manufacturing defect, we will repair the product without charge or replace it at our option.

The warranty does not include repairs due to accidents, improper care, negligence, or normal wear and tear. This warranty is valid exclusively in the country of purchase through the original retailer. 
If you have a warranty issue, please contact the retailer you purchased your product from and they will make all the required warranty arrangements with us.

Contact us for additional details on the warranty of your Canada Goose product
My Chiliwack parka's bottom is fraying. I don't know what it's called, but it's the same elasticky material as the cuffs. I purchased it last year, or two years ago from Over the Rainbow in Yorkville (Toronto), but can't seem to find the receipt.

Would it be a defect in material/workmanship? It's not due to an accident, improper care, negligence. I haven't fallen with the jacket, or had it caught on something sharp to cause this. Can they argue wear and tear, perhaps?

Kinda pissed, this jacket's supposed to 'last forever' for the $ I paid for it. :mad:
27 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2006
2253 posts
31 upvotes
KevC wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2010 3:52 pm

My Chiliwack parka's bottom is fraying. I don't know what it's called, but it's the same elasticky material as the cuffs. I purchased it last year, or two years ago from Over the Rainbow in Yorkville (Toronto), but can't seem to find the receipt.

Would it be a defect in material/workmanship? It's not due to an accident, improper care, negligence. I haven't fallen with the jacket, or had it caught on something sharp to cause this. Can they argue wear and tear, perhaps?

Kinda pissed, this jacket's supposed to 'last forever' for the $ I paid for it. :mad:

Take some pictures and email to CG??
Banned
Nov 7, 2010
659 posts
24 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
join their facebook page and send a message to their contact person.
Aug 22, 2007
976 posts
39 upvotes
Did you just say you bought a CG and expect it to last forever?

FYI the chilliwack is a designer coat, not a winter coat XD...workmanship is probably poorer.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
1052 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
KevC wrote:

Fabric doesn't just fray by itself. Maybe it was caused by the rubbing from a backpack/messenger bag?

OTR has you in their database for all purchases (they have a record for all the jeans I've purchased there). I don't have a Canada Goose, but I hear warranties are processed through the retailer. Just as long as they have you in the system, a receipt probably isn't necessary.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
1077 posts
233 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
You're right. Normal wear and tare is not covered under warranty.
tighty whities wrote:
Nov 24th, 2010 4:16 pm
KevC wrote:

Fabric doesn't just fray by itself. Maybe it was caused by the rubbing from a backpack/messenger bag?

OTR has you in their database for all purchases (they have a record for all the jeans I've purchased there). I don't have a Canada Goose, but I hear warranties are processed through the retailer. Just as long as they have you in the system, a receipt probably isn't necessary.
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
5189 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
I sent in my chiliwack a couple of weeks ago. They tried to message me through the inbox on their website as you are required to create an account if you are making a warranty claim through them directly. I purchased my jacket from OTR many years ago. My cuffs are in fine condition and the jacket is almost 10 years old. I don't abuse my stuff. The toggles on the hood drawstrings came off, sleeve pocket stitching started to come undone and holes started to form in the sleeves. I'll update you on what they did with it when I get it back. Might be this week as I see the status has changed to shipping.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
2554 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
Are you getting a new one or are they repairing the damages on your jacket/>
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1182 posts
89 upvotes
Havo wrote:
Nov 15th, 2016 1:01 pm
I sent in my chiliwack a couple of weeks ago. They tried to message me through the inbox on their website as you are required to create an account if you are making a warranty claim through them directly. I purchased my jacket from OTR many years ago. My cuffs are in fine condition and the jacket is almost 10 years old. I don't abuse my stuff. The toggles on the hood drawstrings came off, sleeve pocket stitching started to come undone and holes started to form in the sleeves. I'll update you on what they did with it when I get it back. Might be this week as I see the status has changed to shipping.
they lost my como parka when i sent it in for warranty
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
5189 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
willyxjai wrote:
Nov 16th, 2016 2:47 am
Are you getting a new one or are they repairing the damages on your jacket/>
Not sure. I will see once I get it back. They listed a bunch of repairs and they noted things that I did not even request such as replace the fur. I can only hope they replaced it as it looked like there would have been substantial repairs made to it.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7966 posts
2809 upvotes
Toronto
You'll probably end up getting your jacket in January. This is the rush season.
Havo wrote:
Nov 15th, 2016 1:01 pm

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
10012 posts
905 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Nov 16th, 2016 10:21 am
You'll probably end up getting your jacket in January. This is the rush season.
Jan?? More like feb/March. the average warranty case is taking up to 9-12 weeks these days. CG warranty cases have gone up by percentage since the quality started to decline. Best time to send in coat for repair is spring like april-june after the winter season is over. Of course that's assuming one has another coat on hand.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7966 posts
2809 upvotes
Toronto
I had mine sent in 2 years ago around November, didn't see it till late January. Their excuse, rush season plus most staff take days off in December.
aznnorth wrote:
Nov 16th, 2016 12:52 pm
Jan?? More like feb/March. the average warranty case is taking up to 9-12 weeks these days. CG warranty cases have gone up by percentage since the quality started to decline. Best time to send in coat for repair is spring like april-june after the winter season is over. Of course that's assuming one has another coat on hand.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
10012 posts
905 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Nov 16th, 2016 12:57 pm
I had mine sent in 2 years ago around November, didn't see it till late January. Their excuse, rush season plus most staff take days off in December.
That was 2 yrs ago... WORSE now. Add another month maybe more, lol.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING