• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2017 11:41 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
3946 posts
478 upvotes
My cuffs are fraying, I don't have the receipt, I bought it several years ago. Would I still be able to get warranty on it? I have several other winter jackets, so if I have to go the winter without it, it isn't a big deal.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
10014 posts
905 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Kherani wrote:
Nov 17th, 2016 9:38 pm
My cuffs are fraying, I don't have the receipt, I bought it several years ago. Would I still be able to get warranty on it? I have several other winter jackets, so if I have to go the winter without it, it isn't a big deal.
Several years? Sounds like wear and tear which the warranty doesnt cover. You can always try... the worse they can say is no.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
5189 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
Kherani wrote:
Nov 17th, 2016 9:38 pm
You can try. Worse case scenario is that they say no and you lose out on shipping and dry cleaning costs unless you drop it off yourself. In which case, you still have to pay for dry cleaning. Not sure if they still take drop offs though.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
3946 posts
478 upvotes
Havo wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 10:08 am
You can try. Worse case scenario is that they say no and you lose out on shipping and dry cleaning costs unless you drop it off yourself. In which case, you still have to pay for dry cleaning. Not sure if they still take drop offs though.
Hopefully they do, if they're still at Caledonia I'm on only 10 minutes away.
Sep 20, 2008
10 posts
Markham
@Havo any update?

I've bought mine used. I didn't see it at the time of purchase. Today, I noticed there were a hole at the bottom end of each sleeves. Not sure it is covered.

I wonder if it was too much trouble or I have to contact original owner. It isn't too bad... i can probably stitch it myself, but it seems to have lost of down as it isn't as puffy compared to the top of sleeve.
Apr 9, 2013
64 posts
2 upvotes
Markham
edwun wrote:
Dec 10th, 2016 11:00 am
@Havo any update?

I've bought mine used. I didn't see it at the time of purchase. Today, I noticed there were a hole at the bottom end of each sleeves. Not sure it is covered.

I wonder if it was too much trouble or I have to contact original owner. It isn't too bad... i can probably stitch it myself, but it seems to have lost of down as it isn't as puffy compared to the top of sleeve.
I found a small hole on one of the sleeves of my 4 year old Chiliwack, and all four pockets (top and bottom) are filled with down feathers (there must've been a small hole in each pocket). I dry cleaned and dropped off my jacket in person to the Canada Goose head office near Yorkdale Mall this Spring and they quickly processed my warranty claim. After a few days, told me they could not repair it so they will replace my jacket. I had the choice of a few different colours since navy (my colour) was not available. Otherwise, I can wait until October to receive a navy jacket. I got my replacement this Sept, shipped to my house. It was an easy, hassle free warranty service and I am very pleased. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
5189 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
edwun wrote:
Dec 10th, 2016 11:00 am
@Havo any update?

Worth a try. They replaced the cuffs on mine and stitched up the small holes at the base of the sleeves just above the cuffs.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
4149 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto
Is the location near yorkdale the only drop off location available? Bottom of my black jacket is fading and is only 2 years old never cleaned it yet...
Apr 24, 2014
678 posts
211 upvotes
Figured I'd post my experience with Canada Goose warranty on here.

Had the Chateau for about 7 years. It's seen heavy use. Some loss of down in the back, frayed arm cuffs, lots of wear. Took it into the Yorkdale location to have it looked at.

They opened a claim and sent it off to HQ in Toronto. They've updated me online and have offered a new replacement as my old one cannot be repaired. Should be here in a few weeks.

Extremely satisfied with Canada Goose and their warranty. Nice to know the premium wasn't all for nothing, they truly stand behind their warranty. Hopefully this one lasts another 5+ years.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
10014 posts
905 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
hybrid09 wrote:
Jul 20th, 2017 4:55 pm

Extremely satisfied with Canada Goose and their warranty. Nice to know the premium wasn't all for nothing, they truly stand behind their warranty. Hopefully this one lasts another 5+ years.
Sorry to say... but build and qc quality of current CG coats arent like those of 7-8, 10yrs ago. You're lucky if it lasts a yr before something gets screwy... aka broken seam, pilling, wear and tear at pocket/cuff corners, fading color, etc. But it's FREE... so what they hay! Good luck. ;)
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
May 31, 2016
3 posts
Kherani wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 4:52 pm
Hopefully they do, if they're still at Caledonia I'm on only 10 minutes away.
I have the same issue...did they fix yours?