• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2019 11:47 am
[OP]
Dec 30, 2018
27 posts
9 upvotes

Canada Goose Warranty Nightmare

Hi all,

I have had a terrible experience with CG Warranty and was wondering if anyone had suggestions.

So I sent my coat in (Mens Macmillian Parka) on Nov 27. Some fading under the sleeves, Pretty standard. Was fixed under warranty and was supposed to be shipped back to me Dec 18. When I recieved the package Dec 19 however, they sent me the wrong jacket (Womens Chilliwack). I called them and they sent me a return label, and I shipped back the wrong jacket on the 20th, which they recieved on the 21st. They shipped me a hat as an apology for what happened and said they would get my jacket out to me ASAP - that is where the problem begins.

First (the 20th) I was told as soon as I ship the wrong coat back, they will send my coat to me.

Then, on the 21st, after they recieved the wrong coat, they said it would take 3-5 business days, and the 21st would count as a business day.

Then, when I called on the 27th, I was told that it would take 3-5 business days but the 21st did not count as a business day, and that I would recieve the coat by Jan 4th.

It has been 5 business days since the 21st (24, 26, 27, 28, 31), and my jacket is yet to ship. I am starting to think they lost it and are trying to buy time to find it.

I have asked to speak to managment 3 times and have been told no managers are available.

Does anyone have any advice on how to go on with this? It is about to be 2 weeks since I sent back the wrong coat.

UPDATE: ended up recieving it Jan 7, overall happy with outcome even if i did have to wait 41 days
Last edited by PrashanthanE29115 on Jan 9th, 2019 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14 replies
Jun 4, 2013
95 posts
67 upvotes
Vancouver
Is the Chirstmas and New years, most likely they don't have a lot of staff working at this time. I will said wait till the 3rd and give them a call about it. Also even postal service is on holidays even if it was ship it will be delays anyways.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2178 posts
593 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
It's the holidays. You should relax and have fun instead of counting the days your jacket is coming back from repair. If it was me, I would even give them an extra week to get the situation sorted out. Worst case scenario if they can't find your jacket then you might end up getting a new jacket as a replacement instead. Happy New Year everyone.
[solicitation removed]
[OP]
Dec 30, 2018
27 posts
9 upvotes
NixxonExxo wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 12:00 pm
It's the holidays. You should relax and have fun instead of counting the days your jacket is coming back from repair. If it was me, I would even give them an extra week to get the situation sorted out. Worst case scenario if they can't find your jacket then you might end up getting a new jacket as a replacement instead. Happy New Year everyone.
sponge5307 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 11:24 am
Is the Chirstmas and New years, most likely they don't have a lot of staff working at this time. I will said wait till the 3rd and give them a call about it. Also even postal service is on holidays even if it was ship it will be delays anyways.
Thanks guys. I have been very anxious, will try to cool off a bit.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
11320 posts
4618 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
sponge5307 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 11:24 am
Also, the staff that they do have working now are typically the newer staff with lower seniority given the typical holiday staffing in non-retail environments. While they probably do have supervisors on duty, they might be ones that are in-training which isn't surprising given their level of growth and the time of year.

Wait until their regular team is back from holidays (typically, the 2nd or the 3rd) before calling them again.
Sep 15, 2018
65 posts
38 upvotes
Ottawa
I had an eddie bauer parka and the shell developed a hole from frayed stiching. I brought it to the store and they just gave me a new one. Im wondering if CG’s authorized dealers do the same? Or they just subit a claim to CG warranty in your behalf?
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11352 posts
6169 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Don't worry CG will look after you. Think of it this way, if they lose your jacket, you'll get a brand spanking new one! Soooo life is short, be happy!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28807 posts
14611 upvotes
Ottawa
PrashanthanE29115 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 2:17 pm
Thanks guys. I have been very anxious, will try to cool off a bit.
How was the fade repaired?
[OP]
Dec 30, 2018
27 posts
9 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 1:35 pm
How was the fade repaired?
Basically they said that it was due to the stiching on the seam coming undone. The faded parts werent supposed to be visible, so they restitched the jacket tucking the faded part and small holes in. Some slight fading still visible but holes arent which is good. Might send it again later on, in summer
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
3363 posts
23 upvotes
I have a Chiliwack bomber purchased from Le Baron from 2009, which is basically just sitting in the closet now.

Frayed cuffs, repellant layer from the sides and sleeves have been worn down from use.

Is this something that could be covered under warranty? Where should I go / contact as Le Baron is no longer around.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24259 posts
1518 upvotes
Markham, ON
This warranty does not cover any repairs needed due to accidents, improper care, negligence, or normal wear and tear. This warranty is void if the inside garment tags are removed. For any damage not covered under the warranty, Canada Goose may offer to repair the damage for a reasonable charge. If such an offer is made, we will discuss this with the consumer, prior to any repairs being made.

its a 10 year jacket...
[OP]
Dec 30, 2018
27 posts
9 upvotes
Eyies wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 3:11 pm
I have a Chiliwack bomber purchased from Le Baron from 2009, which is basically just sitting in the closet now.

Frayed cuffs, repellant layer from the sides and sleeves have been worn down from use.

Is this something that could be covered under warranty? Where should I go / contact as Le Baron is no longer around.
Like the left eye guy said they dont cover damage due to negligence but i still think you should send it in. My repair was free but from what Ive heard their repairs are very affordable.

Also for anyone with the fading issue here are some pictures of my coat before (first 2) and after (last 2). Note that the color of the jacket itself didn’t change, that’s just lighting
Images
  • 22D6811A-2211-435A-B45A-004598E924A9.jpeg
  • 3D4BAC37-C2B3-4AF2-B7F4-98DFE6278F30.jpeg
  • 30609331-5937-414F-ABBE-134B9F81CC75.jpeg
  • 00DE25DA-56EE-4B1C-ABEB-C3FCD8D1191D.jpeg
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11352 posts
6169 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Busy season and holidays will slow things down for sure. I waited 2 months for mine as well during winter.
PrashanthanE29115 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2018 8:16 pm
Hi all,

I have had a terrible experience with CG Warranty and was wondering if anyone had suggestions.

So I sent my coat in (Mens Macmillian Parka) on Nov 27. Some fading under the sleeves, Pretty standard. Was fixed under warranty and was supposed to be shipped back to me Dec 18. When I recieved the package Dec 19 however, they sent me the wrong jacket (Womens Chilliwack). I called them and they sent me a return label, and I shipped back the wrong jacket on the 20th, which they recieved on the 21st. They shipped me a hat as an apology for what happened and said they would get my jacket out to me ASAP - that is where the problem begins.

First (the 20th) I was told as soon as I ship the wrong coat back, they will send my coat to me.

Then, on the 21st, after they recieved the wrong coat, they said it would take 3-5 business days, and the 21st would count as a business day.

Then, when I called on the 27th, I was told that it would take 3-5 business days but the 21st did not count as a business day, and that I would recieve the coat by Jan 4th.

It has been 5 business days since the 21st (24, 26, 27, 28, 31), and my jacket is yet to ship. I am starting to think they lost it and are trying to buy time to find it.

I have asked to speak to managment 3 times and have been told no managers are available.

Does anyone have any advice on how to go on with this? It is about to be 2 weeks since I sent back the wrong coat.

UPDATE: ended up recieving it Jan 7, overall happy with outcome even if i did have to wait 41 days

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!