Mar 4, 2010
629 posts
12 upvotes
Mississauga
kevindurant1 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2016 1:54 pm
You didnt read post #374.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/

Live in caregivers are sponsored. They are economic immigrants.

Just stop. Smiling Face With SunglassesSmiling Face With SunglassesSmiling Face With Sunglasses
" The Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP) brings qualified temporary workers to Canada to provide in-home child care, senior home support care or care of the disabled. " Yes they are Economic immigrants but people are using the wrong terminology , because it is more easy for them
It is a hiring process . In this case both LCP and Sponsorship program use same technical term like " sponsor " , but they are 2 different classes one of them is a hiring process the other is to reunite family . The term " sponsor " is used by people , because it is more easy to understand . When you read immigration website , they will not use that term only for Family Sponsorship .

# 350 " If you know how immigration works, you should know that immigrants rarely go on assistance. They cant come here without funds. They need to be sponsored. When they do go on assistance. The sponsor has to pay back all the money they got from the government. "
- This is a wrong statement . Immigrants don't need to be sponsored . Only family sponsorship

# 361 " Its not common for immigrants to go on welfare and when they do their sponsor has to pay back all the money. "
- Depends what class of immigrants . TFW or LCP their employer ( AKA : sponsor ) has to pay some penalties . But even in this case they are some regulations .

# 365 " There arent alot of them and they definitely do not go on welfare(which is what the argument here). I dont even know why you would mention them. Most immigrants that come into the country ARE sponsored(family or employer). "
- Most immigrants coming to Canada are Independent Immigrants .

# 372 " You do realize TFW's are SPONSORED by employers right?. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy. They cannot come here by themselves without any contract from an employer. They are not "independent". They are here for contract work from their employer who SPONSORED them. They fulfill their contract or they have to leave. "
- The employer does not Sponsor them . Terminology used by people , because is easy . It is a work contract , totally different than Sponsorship . Again the terminology is not correct , you can check government web site .

Look here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

Here you will read that for caregivers the term " Sponsor " is not used at all : " Both the employer and the employee must follow several steps to meet the requirements of the Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP). "
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2010
1700 posts
136 upvotes
I guess I'm just annoyed by all the immigrants because I've been unemployed for about a year now. I just spend all of my time online applying for jobs, but I've only gotten a handful of interviews, and didn't get any offers. I have a Masters of Public Administration from a top school. I'm not sure how it's fair that I'm going to have more competition....
Nov 26, 2016
90 posts
36 upvotes
insurance1 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2016 11:43 pm
I guess I'm just annoyed by all the immigrants because I've been unemployed for about a year now. I just spend all of my time online applying for jobs, but I've only gotten a handful of interviews, and didn't get any offers. I have a Masters of Public Administration from a top school. I'm not sure how it's fair that I'm going to have more competition....
What can you do with an MPA except hope you win the lottery with a cushy government job? I hope you are applying to jobs in the private sector, but with an MPA and I would imagine only private sector experience, you're in for a rough ride.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2003
4096 posts
105 upvotes
Tahsis
kevindurant1 wrote:
Nov 25th, 2016 5:26 pm
people have such a strong opinion on immigration yet they dont even know the basics.
Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5459 posts
2041 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
Current Canadian citizens should have more children. /story
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2013
5572 posts
2177 upvotes
Kingston, ON
dealseaker101 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2016 1:04 am
Current Canadian citizens should have more children. /story
~20% of Canada's population is immigrants, and ~90% of immigrants eventually get their citizenship, so I'm assuming you're counting that ~18% of the population in with your list of current Canadian citizens who should have more children? ;)
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
1739 posts
943 upvotes
Newton Brook, ON
kevindurant1 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2016 1:24 pm
Address your error first before I even address the rest of your nonsense. You said ecomic immigrants are "indipendent". Live in caregivers are economic immigrants. They are mostly sponsored.

And BTW. It proves how wrong you both are in your own link. Im not even going to bother pointing it out to you since you will try to change the conversation again.

Back to "immigrants come here for welfare". I want to see proof. .
You could set an example by addressing your error, since you made it first after all: You said most immigrants have sponsors who would be on the hook for welfare. You try to defend this by showing that this is true in certain cases but ignore the fact that those cases represent a minority of immigrants. Instead of chasing that dead-end argument for 5+ posts you could have just pointed out that it's a moot point because the non-sponsored have income and are even less likely to go on welfare in the first place. So yeah, I think you were responsible for going "off topic".
You need someone with an umbrella not a fork
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
1739 posts
943 upvotes
Newton Brook, ON
insurance1 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2016 11:43 pm
Er... are you sure that's the word you want? More competition is fair.

fair: free from self-interest, prejudice, or favoritism

Fairness would be equal consideration of citizens and non-citizens, which is apparently the opposite of what you want. It's also not the reality, because employers usually can't legally hire them without a special application proving to the government that there aren't any Canadians available to do the job.

Kind of ironic seeing this complaint here too, in the midst of all the "we need more skilled workers" whinging in this thread. Did you read the OP and notice it was actually about decreasing the number of workers admitted in favor of more refugees and family?
You need someone with an umbrella not a fork
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9062 posts
495 upvotes
ghighi wrote:
Nov 27th, 2016 6:21 pm
" The Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP) brings qualified temporary workers to Canada to provide in-home child care, senior home support care or care of the disabled. " Yes they are Economic immigrants but people are using the wrong terminology , because it is more easy for them
It is a hiring process . In this case both LCP and Sponsorship program use same technical term like " sponsor " , but they are 2 different classes one of them is a hiring process the other is to reunite family . The term " sponsor " is used by people , because it is more easy to understand . When you read immigration website , they will not use that term only for Family Sponsorship .
Nice try. This conversation is over kiddo. You got caught spreading misinformation.

Please dont tell me what live in caregiver program is. My mom used that route to get us here and I have relatives who got here using that program. I employ a live in caregiver right now for my grandma.

Immigrants are coming wether you guys like it or not. So just stop. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
TORONTO RAPTORS IS THE 2019 NBA CHAMPIONS
Mar 4, 2010
629 posts
12 upvotes
Mississauga
kevindurant1 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2016 5:24 pm
Nice try. This conversation is over kiddo. You got caught spreading misinformation.

Please dont tell me what live in caregiver program is. My mom used that route to get us here and I have relatives who got here using that program. I employ a live in caregiver right now for my grandma.

Immigrants are coming wether you guys like it or not. So just stop. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
what is this than

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre ... 215&top=28